Skip to content

What character will you go through SoD with?

WinterisleWinterisle Member Posts: 111
What kind of character are you thinking of making for your SoD runthrough? I'm thinking of creating a new one around about now and running him right through BGEE, SoD and just maybe BG2EE.

Being quite into gnomes, I was going to do this with my current Cleric/Thief, but seeing that SoD has an identical NPC I'm considering making another. For now I'm thinking that a swashbuckler (probably an elf) would be a decent choice to blend in with any of the new NPCs and just about any party arrangement. I would prefer a Blade, but I've used that kit to much. My second option could be a cleric, maybe a dwarven priest of Talos.

I still haven't made up my mind. Any plans or suggestions?
Post edited by Winterisle on

Comments

• DexterDexter Member Posts: 253
    I'll go with a swash5->fighter. Scouting, picks and locks, max thac0, max apr. Probably dual wielding, but could also be ranged. Fighters can now have GM so that's nice.
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    I'll be taking my personal canon half-elf fighter/mage through BG:EE and then on to SoD.
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
    I am going to continue my playthrough as a Half-Elf Wild Mage Azrael. (Yes you guessed, I am romancing Neera)
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Hudzy said:

I'll be taking my personal canon half-elf fighter/mage through BG:EE and then on to SoD.

Same here, except mine's a pure elf, not half. :)
  • WinterisleWinterisle Member Posts: 111
    I'm very tempted to create some sort of spellcaster myself, but It would be hard to not end up playing something I've already used in the past. Maybe a gnome fighter/ilusionist would be a good idea, though I'm not sure how I would use one. For SoD he could fit in fine, no matter what NPCs I take.
  • KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    Neutral Evil Elven Swashbuckler, with a party of whatever evil joins me.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    No matter what, I have many that I'll want to run through. My usual default is a LG cavalier, but Blade and Archer are both tempting.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Dwarf monk
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    Hudzy said:

Same here :)
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    Fighter-Thief (Multiclass) or Kensai-Thief (Dual class). They are amongst the most powerful characters at high level.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited July 2015
    Elven CN Thief/Mage multi EEkeeper'd to Assassin/Mage, that or a Elven Inquisitor. Sssshhh I don't play humans.

Either or they will be starting in BG. I can't even start new CHARNAME's in SoA anymore, they all have to start out in Candlekeep.
  • jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127
    edited July 2015
    Jester, because i sing like crap in life.

Also because i rolled 96 on my second roll with him. Never expected to play a bard because hey! I sing like crap!
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    I plan on using at least 2 parties from my play throughs of BG:EE
    A male half elf Totemic Druid
    A female human CN berserker/Cleric
    I have several other characters
    but will try to have a classic canon party
    plus at least one neutral and one evil party
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    edited July 2015
    Solo Shaman just for the hell of it :)

Edit: Actually, I may not solo, even though I like soloing. I want to see what they've done with the NPCs. If the NPCs get mediocre reviews, I'll just solo.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    When BG2EE first came out, I tried creating a new character for it rather than waiting to import my BG1EE parties. I made a Dark Moon Monk. Hexxat's recruitment quest kicked my butt. Then the Red Wizard Enclave mission for Neera REALLY kicked my butt. Several times over.

So, yeah. I'm tempted to make a Shadowdancer or Shaman, but I may wait until my current BG1EE party can port over.....
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    If my predictions of a 511k xp cap are close, then the whole of SoD should be in the sweet spot for triple-class multis, just before the xp curve flattens out and kills them. That suggests that F/M/T and F/M/C could be a lot of fun, and not overshadowed by their party.

For F/M/T, going 6/6/7 -> 8/9/10 - 8 level ups! That should comfortably exceed other combos
    For F/M/C, going 6/6/6 -> 8/9/8, which at 7 levels in nothing to be sneezed at, but still just missed 5th level cleric spells, so probably stay with 2 classes multi- for first cleric run, and likely a cleric/thief.

A more role-play rather than mechanics-play run I am thinking of starting is a semi-poverty run, where all the characters are 'self-sufficient'. That would mean PC as a monk, Rasaad as obvious companion, and in BG2EE Wilson is a clear 3rd. Also lining up Cernd as a werewolf. For BG, I am thinking that Sorcerers are fairly self-contained spell machines, so probably Baeloth. Likewise, endless summons to do the work on our behalf sounds like M’Khiin Grubdoubler is a good fit. SoD is probably an interesting place to play a monk, as they just start hitting the useful levels from 9 and on up - where fists can actually hurt as magic weapons. The early days of BGEE sound quite tough though, so not sure how to get this party started. Also, will still need a thief to disarm traps - although might be less important if I am less worried about looting every chest.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    My Gnome Necromancer.
    Tiax.
    Quayle.
    Alora.
    Monty
    And a dwarf... Can't decide which one. May have room for another dwarf if Tiax stabs Quayle... Sometimes you can have them in the party for ever and not get them to fight...
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    As always my Undead Hunter will go first with his waifu's Neera and Imoen. Followed by My Blackguard and her evil squad. I just hope I can say something sarcastic it Irencious before he goes all torture on me.
    edited July 2015
    I think I've sorted it:

Kalid (Main fighter. Always at the front)
    Jaheira (Secondary fighter and curer. Potections before battles and some mid-battle casting, maybe)
    Blix, my Gnome illusionist/thief (Main thief and second spellcaster. Range, backstabing and shitload of spells)
    The sexy goblinoid lass (Main summoner)
    The alcoholic bearded viking (Main drunken singer, minor caster probably dispelling magic, mele and range attacks)
    Neera (Main spell caster)

How does that sound?

• OudynOudyn Member Posts: 74
    edited July 2015
    Well, now that the BARD HAT has been revealed I must run the BARD IN THE HAT. Besides that run with all custom characters, (Probably on Legacy of Bhaal) though, I will run the full trilogy, probably with a Shaman. For that run, Canon Party all the way, baby. I also had a somewhat goofy idea of running an Alice in Wonderland team, with the Mad Hatter (Injoke with me and my friends) captaining, Monty (Because Wonderland) Xzar (Need I say more), Tiax (Again, nothing else needed), Minsc (Rodents, craziness, ample ham) and Imoen (Need an Alice somewhere).
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Carl, my gnome illusionist-thief is on the doorstep of the final battle. Once I've finished the game (probably tonight) I put him through the events of Siege of Dragonspear.

I just hoping putting all mods back will go successfully after the update, as the mods won't be updated to fit the new game straight away.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    I'll go with my classic~
    Val'myr Zaur, HERO NECROMANCER! He'll be a Drow of course. Probably a Drow Cleric Necromancer. Hm. . .I know Lathander is out of the question. Would Helm or Talos be more willing to allow a Necromancer. . .? Maybe he'll end up being a Shaman if they do in fact summon spirits of the dead with a cool Druid spell list.

NPCs will be
    Imoen
    Alora
    Rasaad
    Viconia
    and Neera

In BG2 Alora will be replaced by Mazzy.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Talos would be okay with a bit of necromancy, but Helm wouldn't approve.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Probably Neilah, my sorcerer. God knows my written playthrough of BG1 will take as long to finish as the remaining development time.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I'll play a transmuter using only transmutation spells. I've been thinking of doing a let's play of bgee first taking anyone along that survives the trip through the sword coast.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    My new party that I just started in BG1:EE includes
    CHARNAME Human Female CN Berserker / Cleric
    Dorn
    Jaheira
    Kalid
    Neera
    Imoen / Safana
    Rolled a 92 for Charname
    But will NPCs like Xzar or Alora bee in SoD? I'm not really following the thread about SoD because It has to many spoilers.
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    @Winterisle Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to play those Npcs much or at all in SoD: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42408/evidence-for-removed-npcs-in-sod/p1
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    @Winterisle There's still a chance, though, so I would err on the side of them being in the game.
  • AWizardDidItAWizardDidIt Member Posts: 197
    edited July 2015
    Either Jester or Fighter/Mage and then a mix of just about every npc around. I'll probably be swapping them in and out pretty regularly.

The only exception is Imoen who if she IS a party member, will be in the party pretty much permanently for as long as I can have her. I am fairly convinced she won't be available for much if not all of the game as a party member though.