Skip to content

What character will you go through SoD with?

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    I've got two characters ready for a full BG Saga playthrough: Malathyr (Elf Pale Master, Team Evil) and Teresa (Human Cavalier, all-female party).
  • WinterisleWinterisle Member Posts: 111
    edited July 2015
    @billbisco
    Yeah, I thought so. That's why I was counting on Neera, Jaheira and the new NPCs.
  • MordicaiMordicai Member Posts: 1
    I am going to run my True Neutral Elf Fighter/Mage/Thief from fresh again...i rolled a 97 so i am not going to pass up the chance of enough points for a triple class to really shine..

Plus i saw someone point out that with the Siege exp cap triple classes won't flatten out and continue growing quick.

Feels good man
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    my choice should be pretty obvious, Barbarian :P
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Tough one, Part of me really wants to take a Shaman through the series first but I don't think ill be able to wait that long, as I doubt Shaman will be added to BG1 before the expansion comes out. I'll probably run my Half orc barbarian through it first, even though I've already played through ToB with him.
  • BanArdBanArd Member Posts: 60
    With my 'canon' Bhaalspawn: Gelkanis of Candlekeep, a Stalker follower of Oghma, former agent of the Avowed, expert archaeologist, master swordsman and the most sought after tracker in the realms.

He's like some sort of cross between Indiana Jones, a classic c-movie special forces guy and Geralt of Rivia. I love him. :blush:
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    edited March 2016

Helscar

Race: Human
    Class: Blackguard
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

My ideal continued party

Viconia
    Montaron
    Xzar
    Shar-Teel
    Baeloth

Without Xzar and Montaron

Viconia
    Safana
    Edwin
    Shar-Teel
    Baeloth

Post edited by Vasculio on
  • CandramelekhCandramelekh Member Posts: 109
    Solo mage, then shaman
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Although I like solo no-reload runs, I can't imagine myself going through SoD for the first time without a party. I want to see interactions. I want to read dialogues. I want to hear their voices. It's been A LONG time since I heard something new from Minsc, Edwin and Khalid... And how can I miss the content provided by new NPCs?

So, to me, going through a SoD with a party is a must. The problem is that there's not enough space for everyone in one party: vanilla NPCs with new voice lines and quests + EE NPCs + new SoD NPCs...

So, I think there will be at least 3 runs through SoD for me, with different parties. I want to see if there're different choices for different alignments.

As for the CHARNAME candidates, there're myriads of them, waiting after the win against Sarevok. Druids, bards, fighter/thieves, mages, pallies, wizard slayers... THEY ALL DEMAND to take them!
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    I am already planning three runs.

1st run will be my new (BGEE Created for the new complete Saga run) Lawful Good elven Fighter/Mage with the canon party. (I have the Mod which makes Khalid a Fighter/Mage and have already dualed Imoen, so this party has 4 mages, Very versatile and powerful!)

2nd run will be my new (Crazy 101 Stat point) Lawful Evil Half-Elven Assassin with Viconia, Dorn, Edwin and Montaron. (Quarterstaff, Darts and Shortbow totally dominate the Sword Coast.)

3rd run will be my neutral run. I am still unsure what the class of my MainChar will be. Probably some sort of Warrior multi/Dual Class. (Seems to be no Neutral Fighter options, since I have Jaheira modded to Neutral Good.)
  • First run will probably be a Chorister (S&S mod) with the canon good party.Then I've got a duo run with a F/M/C and Imoen that I can take through to recruit the new npcs and see their content. Then it might be time to finally try a Blackguard myself instead of using Dorn.
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Swash-fighter dual class for me, although I'm still undecided on the swash level at which to dual. I guess I'd want/need to get up to 100s in pick locks and find traps for the swash.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    edited September 2015
    What character will I go through SoD with? All of them..

Hopefully it's an expansion that I'll want to play through every time with every new character concept I decide to try.

I already have some sorcerors, fighter/mages, f/m/t, f/m/c, f/t and r/c in party sizes (solo to full) waiting for SoD, and depending on what happens to BG:EE as a result of the changes needed for SoD, I may start from scratch again anyway =D
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I've narrowed it down to:

My good parties: Canon (Blade, debating going elven here), but I might also try to get a paladin (cavalier or undead) and ranger (archer) made up in time.

And my evil party: Canon (Assassin), and at least a Blackguard.

Also I expect making an Invoker sometime.
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    I go through BG, SoD, SoA and ToB with my neutral evil Fighter/Illusionist named Loki. Atm i don´t know if i will make a solo run through SoD or not. Can´t decide^^
  • RamiellRamiell Member Posts: 58
    I plan to do a few full runs starting from BG1 throught SoD and BG2. Got monk ready, playing evil illusionist/ fighter at the moment. Waiting in queue - sorcerer and cleric/ mage.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    SoD postponed my Shadowdancer playthrough quite a bit, so that's what I will be playing.
    Starting as a warrior till 7 and dual classing with a bit of help of the Shadowkeeper.

Imoen, Minsc and Dynaheir will come with me, so i'll something between neutral and good.

I'm curious about Khalid and Jaheira, but then the party would be full, no room for the new NPC. Hmm, and I need Viconia ofc...
    I'm either keeping Khalid and Jaheira or Minsc and Dynaheir. I'll be taking two of the new NPCs and someone else, probably Neera or Viconia. I haven't decided yet.
  • I'm either keeping Khalid and Jaheira or Minsc and Dynaheir. I'll be taking two of the new NPCs and someone else, probably Neera or Viconia. I haven't decided yet.

In one of his banters with Jaheira, Rasaad mentions that she and Khalid were separated for a time during the whole Dragonspear thing, so you might be able to get some use out of the new NPCs without having to drop one of your pairs.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited September 2015
    Shaman after awhile probably, but not on the first playthrough.

First time around I might go with a Dwarven Defender.

Ah and until recently I hadn't really looked too closely at the shadowdancer, but I enjoy the idea of it. So defintely going to roll one of those at some point.
    Post edited by batoor on
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I like to keep it simple on my first run through of anything, so probably my half-orc fighter.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    I'm tempted to try a Bard, although I might go for something more dynamic. I always like my PC to have the most kills, and I doubt a Bard can pull that off without being a Blade subclass.
    I have ran through the EEs twice, both times with a differently specced Sorcerer, so I'll have to mix it up for a third run, I think! Although I will probably play all three again for personal sense of continuity.
    Kaigen said:

I'm either keeping Khalid and Jaheira or Minsc and Dynaheir. I'll be taking two of the new NPCs and someone else, probably Neera or Viconia. I haven't decided yet.

In one of his banters with Jaheira, Rasaad mentions that she and Khalid were separated for a time during the whole Dragonspear thing, so you might be able to get some use out of the new NPCs without having to drop one of your pairs.
    You mean SoD is mentioned in BG2? It's the first I've heard about that...
  • You mean SoD is mentioned in BG2? It's the first I've heard about that...

They're veiled references. Both Rasaad and Neera mention Bridgefort in banters with Jaheira about Khalid, which is in the same general vicinity as Boareskyr Bridge and Dragonspear Castle.

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I genuinely have no idea what monster I'll create. Generally, I'm pretty damn fast on Baldur's Gate, so I can probably prepare half a dozen characters and different parties by the time it's released.

Now, since I'm the most indecisive fellow ever when it comes to character creation, I will often just change plan before leaving Candlekeep. Am looking into a kitted human class that can dual-class into something particularly early on. Thus far, I came up with :

- Swashbuckler > Fighter - Won't require a Thief in my party, I think I'd have the liberty to dual-class at level 5 Swashy, but other than that, no particularly huge bonus out of this one.

- Archer > Cleric - ahh, my favorite slinging monstrosity. I wouldn't be able to get punched too much, but I'd have cleric spells which are always a favorite!

- Berserker > Druid - the obnoxious amount of re-rolling I'd require for this, and the clearly low stupidty of the character would be the offset for being something I would closely relate to a Shaman, without having a Shaman as an option.

- Priest of Lathander > Mage - the closest pure-spellcasting-battlemage I can come up with. Dualing at level 5 would give me a solid 30 seconds of boon, mixed with some later-to-come mage spells, might make up for an interesting combo. Downside is, I get to miss my beloved Holy Power - Draw upon Holy Might - Righteous Magic combo of berserk-killing holiness!

- Priest of Helm > Thief - I am... nearly 99% positive the Seeking Sword can't stab for bonus damage. Which would invalidate this combo. But if it can, then I'd aim to dual at level 5, enough to get one solid stab in. Other than that, True Sight is a nice one, and I could put some proficiency in bladed weaponry, but won't be able to use 'em until 3 Million XP. Sooo... it'd basically be a true-seeing-minor-healing-ability faithful thief that uses sticks to stab people.

Wizard Slayer > Mage - THE WILD CARD! Also known as "what was I thinking", is the dumbest kit-to-class combo I can come up with. Uhh, save for Avenger > Fighter, this silly buffoon would likely see his face get slammed more often than kill a single gibberling. Definitely not a tank, but hey, maybe with some good party set-up, it could be a decent archer! Or something!

Beast Master > Cleric - you thought the last one was dumb? Meet the worst. It's the "Cleric that uses clubs and light armor that can cast a miniature dragon familiar". Granted, I'd be able to dual-wield clubs with the grace of two monkeys tossing their feces at unwary tourists, but this one is simply... NOT... a good choice.

Having said that, I am definitely one that loves bad choices and might go for the last one. Because let's be honest, why would Charname always be the most overpowered Giant-blasting mountain-splitting dragon-grinding fancypants on the planet? ... actually scratch that, I want charname to be exactly that. DECISIONS DECISIONS.
  • madmaximusmadmaximus Member Posts: 140
    I always plan to go with something sexy like a swashbuckler, blade, or Avenger and end up rolling an OP Paladin. Oh well, San Dimas High School Football rules!
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Doesn't matter what class I choose now, I always end up restarting it and going with a sorcerer.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    Well, I plan to do my first run with my "new" CN Shadowdancer char Abigail Shadowbane. the first party will probably look like this: Imoen, Minsc, Neera, Vic & either M’Khiin Grubdoubler or Captain Schael Corwin - perhaps even both and no Minsc - we'll see. After that it's either a new Cleric/Mage, Necromancer or Sorcerer and after that...
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    I'll go with a mage. Btw, will there be new char classes?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @brus At least one new class has been confirmed. A shaman. Kind of a druid sorcerer, with an ability to summon ghasts on your side.