Skip to content

Gorion just BLANKS OUT that his ward was attacked by assasins. Sort this!

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
It just occured to me that Gorion just blanks out your involvement with any nasty people in Candlekeep. You can tell the other monks about what happened and they just tell you to go see Gorion as quick as you can. You do not even get a chance to tell your only father figure that you have just been attacked... Is this realistic? Come on! Give us an extra line of dialogue. Such as...
"I was attacked by men with daggers! Twice!"
"Then we must leave with all haste"

Comments

• theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    I think the problem with that is, it's entirely possible to just go to Gorion first thing in Candlekeep and not even get attacked. At least, I'm pretty sure it is. And Overhaul isn't allowed to tinker with the dialogue, so I think it's gonna stay as is. You're right though.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801

I think the problem with that is, it's entirely possible to just go to Gorion first thing in Candlekeep and not even get attacked. At least, I'm pretty sure it is. And Overhaul isn't allowed to tinker with the dialogue, so I think it's gonna stay as is. You're right though.

You know, it could be a conditional conversation, but they can't edit the original content.
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    Oh come on! Gorion would probably laugh or slap our face for been sissy's. It was just not worth of bothering him about two losers with rusty knifes. I would not be suprised if Gorion himself hired them to test our skill:)
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I am not asking for an edited conversation. I am asking for an additional dialogue choice. Not sure though if they can even do this... pesky lawyers of doom!

@Khamill Gorion, friend of Elminster, a man able to research any spell in the vast array of tomes in Candlekeep, gets killed by two ogres and lady in armour and Saveoursock... He faked his own death!
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Gorion is mage hight lvl ( or should be )...
    Why he just can´t cast invisibility to his " son " and himself ?
    He can´t cast 2th lvl spells ? He have´t any idea about usefulness invisibility when you need escape ?

Can you add some hight lvl spells to his fight with Sarevok ?
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    @Anduin
    Couldnt agrre with U more...Machiavelli lives on. He was just fed up and decided to step aside, Probably used some unknown Mirroring-effect spell to make everybody think he died:)
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    I have to wonder if adding a throwaway optional dialogue option with Gorion about the assassination attempts would go against Beamdog's agreements to not alter original content or not. They have said that they can make little changes hear and there, but I suspect they will likely be dependent on certain factors that we don't know about.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Actually, they can't change the dialogue of old joinable characters, which Gorion is not. From the sticky:

2. Altering the dialog of encounterable npc's in the campaign, including minor ones

-small scale text only changes are possible.

So it can be done.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Jalily said:

Actually, they can't change the dialogue of old joinable characters, which Gorion is not. From the sticky:

2. Altering the dialog of encounterable npc's in the campaign, including minor ones

-small scale text only changes are possible.

So it can be done.

Actualy I think they can't. Small scale means no content change. They're probably not allowed to change anything on the original texts unless it is to fix typos.

Aww. You're absolutely sure that's what it means? :(
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Unless my legalese is completely rust, yes...
  • ryu1ryu1 Member Posts: 76
    such a real shame if they cannot tweak small sentences...tis disturbing to my demeanor!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited September 2012
    Edvin said:

Gorion is mage hight lvl ( or should be )...
    Why he just can´t cast invisibility to his " son " and himself ?
    He can´t cast 2th lvl spells ? He have´t any idea about usefulness invisibility when you need escape

Well apart from the obvious fact that the plot would be different if Gorion had lived, I could see why Gorion would not cast invisibility upon leaving Candlekeep. Two people walking through grass, trees, and brush while invisible to each other sounds like a recipe for bumping into each other constantly and/or tripping over oneself. :)
  • ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    I thought there was a dialogue option, where you tell him that you had been attacked by two men. Then he says something like "all the more reason we should not tarry."
    edited September 2012
    @ChrisYui Unfortunately, there's no such option. Gorion tells you not to tarry before you get a chance to say anything.