Skip to content

IWDEE spells

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    Yeah I agree 100% BGEE and BG2EE would really benefit from having the IWDEE spells included....I really hope they do this....
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    I cannot answer your question, but I second your opinion! Petition for IWD Spells! @billbisco, your time has come!
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    I agree with the OP Completely. No reason not to backport the IWDEE spells to SOD! Make playing Druids more fun and worthwhile!
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    While we're at it, let's go get all the fun goodies (eg shaman) imported into iwdee#
  • SertoriusSertorius Member Posts: 172
    I agree, the IWDEE should be in both SOD and the BGEE games, just as I would like the new kits, both shaman and the priest kits in IWDEE to be available in all the games.

I would also like all the portraits and sound sets to be available to all the games, would even pay for it as a DLC.

There is no reason not to do it, the content is already made and would probably only require a minor effort to port it to the other games.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    This is at the top of wish list for SoD
    Would love to have those Druid spells from IWDEE available for BG:EE and BG2:EE
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I think I remember something being said about this in another tread, and the only issue is that there are some spells with the same name that do different things in each game. What do you do with these? Keep the IWD spell, keep the BG spell, keep both but change the name of one?
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    Either way I hope they do bring these additions to BG.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I thought that in the demo they only showed bg specific spells so I'm guessing the iwd ones are not in atm.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    cmk24 said:

I think I remember something being said about this in another tread, and the only issue is that there are some spells with the same name that do different things in each game. What do you do with these? Keep the IWD spell, keep the BG spell, keep both but change the name of one?

keep the bg spell, similarly how in iwd:ee original versions from that game were kept

that's the simplest solution and not a problem at all

but it's not the best solution

i've always dreamt of a unified system for iwd and bg with same spells and same rules

iwd is simply better in this regard (all mechanics, including classes) and i'd just port it onto bg!
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Some spells really deserve an upgrade and some of the iwd implementations were/are pretty good
  • MadrictMadrict Member Posts: 141
    So many people want this....hope they listen
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    I made a poll some time ago about this subject: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41195/druids-arcane-and-divine-spells-bard-songs-in-sod-what-would-you-like-bg-or-iwdee-style?new=1

I'm fully for getting IWDEE spells in SoD.

And while looking closely at the screenshots of SoD available, I've detected that Jaheira had Glyph of Warding - the spell druids don't get in BG. It has given me a hope for more druid spells in SoD, if compared to BG.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/663511/#Comment_663511

But Avenger_teambg called Jaheira's having that spell as a bug.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/663783/#Comment_663783

So... maybe we'll get some kind of an IWDification mod for SoD from @CamDawg after the SoD release.
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    @Dee this is a request
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    There's certainly requests being made within this thread, but the thread itself is asking a question, not making a request. (Subtle difference, but it's there.) Carry on.
  • Crytek7Crytek7 Member Posts: 23
    Icewind Dale is such a beautiful game, had some incredible spells, cant see why not but does this expansion take place near IWD? or is it more sword coast stuff? I guess the spells are region based.
    the spells are not region based :smile:
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    bob_veng said:

the spells are not region based :smile:

Actually, druid spells actually might be region based.. :smiley: They draw power from nature, and the natures of Icewind Dale and the Sword Coast are radically different.
    ^i'm not aware that that's the case but it might as well be so. however your idea is not supported by the iwd specific druid spell selection because they are not overwhelmingly winter-themed
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    bob_veng said:

^i'm not aware that that's the case but it might as well be so. however your idea is not supported by the iwd specific druid spell selection because they are not overwhelmingly winter-themed

Just throwing ideas, I've never actually played IWD.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Animal Summoning spells should summon animals appropriate to the current region.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Fardragon said:

Animal Summoning spells should summon animals appropriate to the current region.

I guess. But I hope that all of the animation are in both games
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited August 2015
    They could simply add @CamDawg 's IWDification mod.
    But they need to implement a scroll-down option for the learnable spells. Else, a Sorcerer won't be able to see all of them. Nor a Cleric or a Druid will be able to see all the available spells.
    Note: many other mods would benefit from this option.
    Post edited by SpaceInvader on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723

But they need to implement a scroll-down option for the learnable spells. Else, a Sorcerer won't be able to see all of them.

Not only that, they need to implement enemies' casting of those spells as well. Right now, even with the IWDification mod, enemies can't use the additional spells that changes the balance a little bit. Think: you druid can cast Alicorn's Lance while the druids in Cloakwood can't.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Yes so they need to unite the rule sets AND update the AI.

However, they need to update the AI anyway and it would be much easier to do it for 1 rule set rather than 2 or 3.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    bengoshi said:

But they need to implement a scroll-down option for the learnable spells. Else, a Sorcerer won't be able to see all of them.

Not only that, they need to implement enemies' casting of those spells as well. Right now, even with the IWDification mod, enemies can't use the additional spells that changes the balance a little bit. Think: you druid can cast Alicorn's Lance while the druids in Cloakwood can't.
    Yeah, but they can cast Hold Person and Jaheira can't. :smile: