Skip to content

[MOD] -NPC_EE- ... Non-Player Characters Enhanced, for Everyone!

Comments

• HetyHety Member Posts: 7
    Well, what i want is to actually make ranger/cleric with only one kit - archer. Nothing else. I believe adding one kit to multiclass is exactly what this mod is for, no?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited August 2017
    There is a problem with EEkeeper. If i use it to add kit or change, for example, Elven Archer (from might and guile) into Ranger/Cleric - he stops getting feats... Which is rather painful.

Edit: disregard that. Thats, actually, Might and Guile problem of not providing Ranger/Cleric with adequate feats at respective levels.
    Ouch. I've re-read the readme. All is clear now. Thank you for clarifications :)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    Does anyone know if this mod is in the Big World Set-up. I didn't see it when I did my last installation, but it is quite easy to miss a mod or four with so many being there.
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Yes it is.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    I would install it at the end though, like with Level 1 NPCs.
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    BWS correctly manages the install order ;)
    Sadly NPC_EE cant correctly work with Archer kit. Charm Animal is not removed when you apply it.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    Blash said:

Yes it is.

Mantis37 said:

I would install it at the end though, like with Level 1 NPCs.

Blash said:

BWS correctly manages the install order ;)

Thanks. :)
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @subtledoctor I had trouble EEing Faldorn to a shapeshifter. She made the change in-game, and the ability button showed but she could not shift. The other kits worked for her, well, at least the ones I tried like avenger and totemic druid.
    Could tweaks reworked shapeshifter mods be interfering you think?
    Ok thanks, sounds like the tweaks modified it in a way, and I know it made some pretty big changes to the werewolf abilities, that made it mess with NPC EE to work with it. Thanks for looking into it.
    I checked using a new character as well and the same happens so maybe it is a fault on Tweaks end (no change to werewolf, just the sound that normally accompanies changing).
    @CamDawg , have you had any reports of problems with rebalanced shapeshifting, v.1?
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    No, not really. All of the (greater) werewolf abilities get transferred to the paw, and the innate shapeshifting ability only creates the paw. Tracing it back through to Wes' Ease of Use, it's probably one of the longest serving mod components just about anywhere.

The rebalanced forms are overpowered, but that's by design. Weimer always balanced stuff like this against his own Tactics mod; it's the same reason Item Upgrade is also overpowered.
    @CamDawg Thanks for checking. :)
    Thanks Doc . This has been the only real problem I've encountered with this VERY handy mod you created. I think my next install will be without that particular Tweaks option. It does attempt to get the Shapeshifter properly fixed, and that was the reason I tried it as the basic Shapeshifter abilities were never really implemented quite right way back when as it was originally made (IMO).
  • KaitekKaitek Member Posts: 43
    I'm having trouble with the mod on my new EET install, it works on all NPCs so far but not on any of my multiclass protagonists. Nothing happens when I activate the "Choose a kit" ability with my multiclass characters. Any way I can fix it?
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Could you add a component to change Anomen from dualclass F/C to multiclass F/C?
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited November 2017
    I found a bug: if Jaheira is changed to a druid, two inconsistencies arise:

1) her hit points at level 1 are still 12 instead of 8+2=10 (8 from d8 dice + 2 from CON 17)
    2) at level 1 she has 3 proficiency points (quarterstaff +, club +, sling +) instead of 2 (as a matter of fact, druids get 2 proficiency points at level 1) -> How can I remove the third pip with NI? ( EDIT: Solved: Jaheir.cre -> edit -> Effect 1 -> remove)

Note: some other NPCs may have these types of inconsistencies....

EDIT: yeah, very strange things can happen. For example, I can make Khalid a Beastmaster. But then, what about his 2 pips in long swords? (a Beastmaster cannot use long swords.....). Can you do something about these situations?
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    There's a small error in the readme file:

Component 260: choose a new class for Coran

Make Safana a fighter/thief (multiclass)

Whoa - I think I've figured out a decent method to zero out NPCs' proficiencies when you use the kit-change ability, and build them up from scratch, in-game, via dialogue. This will be super cool if I can get it to work.

Watch out - I'm about to turbocharge this mofo. :sunglasses:

A most welcome idea, esp. in combo with the tweaks option of multiclass cleric weapon restrictions lifted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    I like to make him a Hexblade when I use level 1 npcs.
    Swashbuckler sounds like a fit for his personality at least. Not familiar with the others but options are always nice, esp. if they could fit the character. He always seemed a sort of 'damn the torpedoes' kinda guy to me, with a touch of flair.
  • evildevil97evildevil97 Member Posts: 93
    edited December 2017
    I haven't checked this in awhile. Are SOD NPCs supported yet? (Namely, turning Glint into a pure class Thief or Cleric, or turning Corwin into a fighter.)