Skip to content

[MOD] -NPC_EE- ... Non-Player Characters Enhanced, for Everyone!

Comments

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Sorry, that's what I meant. He is not able to choose a sorcerer kit instead of being the base class that he is. Looks like what you mentioned, reading him as a mage and not a sorcerer for the choices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99
    Thanks for moving this to the right spot, and for the info. You have been helping me out on the other forum with my Khalid/Jaheria problem/issue. I need to switch this forum name and pic to be consistent with the other one.
    Hey Doc, I thought I would mention a small cosmetic glitch about the weapon skill system when changing an NPC's class. When thieves want to choose short bow, it actually asks if they want to advance to long bow proficiency (+). It does give the short bow as it should, so still works as intended.
    On another issue:
    I am thinking there might be something going on when a new NPC joins and is ready to lvl up right away. If they are able to pick another weapon style from that lvl upgrade, it stays after changing class, effectively giving them a free skill. It only seems to happen with styles and not weapon skills. I usuallt lvl them up first as a couple times changing the class first resulting in not getting that lvl up exp afterwards.
    This is a very handy and required mod for me now :) so just reporting as I seem em, but not really a problem. I'll keep checking to make sure.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Ok, thanks for the info. I'll try leveling after the kit change more often just to make sure it was not a glitch in the basic vanilla. Makes more sense that way. I might just have changed classes a couple times too fast before their new lvls kicked in when joining. I remember that cropped up in v2.3 a few times. The option to change skills really comes in handy when using the re-balanced weapon tweaks option I go with. That was one of the best changes you made to the mod I have thought.
    I'm trying to experiment a little bit and get better at running this mod and making adjustments. I know I can use the CLUA console Create Creature function to call up NPC's I haven't recruited yet to see how the game is set up with the mod currently, i.e. which classes were switched.

Anyway where can I find the Creature Codes for the console as they relate to the npc's? I have Khalid2 already, but I can't find others. I tried various forms with Jaheira but It's just giving me errors. Any idea where I can find those codes?
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    edited April 2018

I'm trying to experiment a little bit and get better at running this mod and making adjustments. I know I can use the CLUA console Create Creature function to call up NPC's I haven't recruited yet to see how the game is set up with the mod currently, i.e. which classes were switched.

Anyway where can I find the Creature Codes for the console as they relate to the npc's? I have Khalid2 already, but I can't find others. I tried various forms with Jaheira but It's just giving me errors. Any idea where I can find those codes?

Using EE Keeper press the Create Creature Button, then the filter button and type in the name of the NPC. A list of the creatures with that name will then come up.

Here are the Jaheira names in my set up. Yours could well be different.

• vyvexthornevyvexthorne Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2018

Another update: I was able to make Imoen a bard. So the problem is likely with Minsc and Jaheira?

I'm having the same problem as this person. BG2, neither Jaheira or Minsc will change class. All I can state is that I have Tweaks Anthology installed and am playing on the Beta patch. What I have observed is that while the mod completely de-levels Imoen (i.e. mage/thief level 1/1.) both Minsc and Jaheira start at their base Bg2 level with 9000xp. This occurs irrespective of starting a completely new game or importing a save game from BG1.
  • hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    edited May 2018
    I can add to the issues with the above, the mod worked for Imoen, but did nothing for Jaheira, Minsc or Viconia.

It did work for Viconia in BGEE. I'm using the Tweaks anthology on both games, and I did install NPC_EE last

*edit* okay I tested it on a purely vanilla install. No other mods, just NPC_EE. The problem still occurs. I don't know why it won't work but it doesn't appear to have anything to do with all the mods I originally had installed.
    Post edited by hybridial on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited May 2018
    Okay, here are those details;

What happened was that everything seem to work as expected for BGEE, but not for BG2EE

So the game is BG2EE

The version is the gog version 2.3.67.3

I need to reinstall all the mods I used so I'll post the weidu log once I do that, however the issue still happened on a fresh install when NPC_EE was the only mod I installed.

I wanted to change Imoen into a bard, Jaheira into a Druid, Minsc into a fighter and Viconia into a cleric-thief.

It works correctly for Imoen, upon starting the game she basically starts as a level 1 bard and I can level her up. Minsc, Jaheira and Viconia simply start as their vanilla class at their vanilla level. Innate kit choices for them work however. These were the only characters I changed and tested.

*edit* I can add a bit more information, I tested it with Nalia, changing her to a thief. This worked. I can't say I can discern a pattern to this though because if it had something to do with the multiclassing system or the races, Minsc should work going from ranger to fighter but he doesn't. I can play a bit more and see if I can get to Mazzy and see if she has turned into a real Paladin or not.

*edit again* - so I observed some problems with Nalia's class change. Whilst she does appear to turn fully into a thief, she appears to still have access to spellcasting, though not through the UI. But she seems to be able to still cast spells she had initially memorised and then after rest she can use them again. I could use the identify spell with her through the menu.

And on Mazzy, it appears to have worked, she's a Paladin, and I can relevel her, however she can no longer use her shortbow, I think potentially an issue with the bow being only useable by halflings.

It is a bit of a mess on BG2EE at the moment. I don't know if it works better for other people but that's how it is for me.

Alright I'll take a look when I can

Thanks. I would love to use your mod, it really addresses probably the biggest issue with ingame NPCs, i.e. the lack of utility and flexibility, hopefully you can solve these issues.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,857
    Finding out WHY those cre files are being skipped would appear to be the top priority.

Ya I know why they were skipped. It's already fixed. I'm just chasing down an unrelated bug and testing a new implementation of how proficiencies are implemented.

Cool, in the meantime I will do a playthrough of BGEE and let you know if any issues crop up with that, but none have from what I've seen so far.

Being able to use Viconia as a Cleric/Thief, and give her access to bladed weapons using the tweakpack is really awesome given I probably will never have a party without her, and those changes make her way more flexible in terms of the things she can do.

I also really like the idea of Imoen as a skald or a jester, and honestly looking back I think she should have been a bard in the first place, although I know she was pretty much thrown together last minute and they made her a really well stat-ed thief for conveniences' sake.
    edited June 2018
    I tested it out and it does work much better now, but I did find a bit of an oddity with Viconia's proficiencies, when changed to a cleric/thief, she has a point in clubs that can't be re-assigned. That kind of thing is a lot easier just to EEkeeper away, but just letting you know about that as it doesn't seem quite right.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    An error installing npc kit choices (I seem to be running into quite a few errors with mods this time, maybe the new beta...):

ERROR: cannot convert new_profs_state or %new_profs_state% to an integer
    ERROR: [npc_ee/spl/d5_sckt.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    Stopping installation because of error.
  • IzletaIzleta Member Posts: 2
    I am currently having the same problem as Mantis.

ERROR: [npc_ee/spl/d5_sckt.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [NPC kit choices], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 33 files for [NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2] component 2000.
    Uninstalled 33 files for [NPC_EE/NPC_EE.TP2] component 2000.
    ERROR: Not_found
    Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-NPC_EE.DEBUG and look for support at: SubtleD
    Using Language [English]

My load order:
    Might and Guile
    Scales of Balance
    (hopefully) NPCEE

This is rather annoying, since I'm running with the canon party, but would really prefer Minsc to be a Berserker, and Khalid to be an Archer
    I'm running version 3.3 of this mod on an EET install I did at the start of June. For some reason the choose kit option isn't installed on my game, not sure but I guess I may have unticked the box in BWS for that component. So I tried to re-run the mod and it did some of my class changes without a problem, but now I'm running into the same problem Izleta and Mantis are having where it hangs up and error's out at the kit choices component. Is there a work around? I am not running the new 2.5 version yet, I'm still using a 2.3 version of my games from the Beamdog Store.
  • UOLegacyUOLegacy Member Posts: 153
    It will need updated to take into account updated versions of his other great mods, and for the more recent versions of IWD, BGEE, etc...
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Ditto for me. I tried installing onto the 2.5 release and get the same errors as @Izleta and @Mantis37. This was the only mod I was installing.

Gus
    I've had some success installing version 3.1.2.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Thanks @UOLegacy, downloading now...

Gus
    Where can I find the 3.1.2 version? I'm assuming if I go back and re-install it over my 3.3 install it should fix the error problems.
    edited July 2018
    In the first post by the author, he has the link to the all of the modern and previous releases. The version (3.1.2) is the second one down from the most modern version on his download page. You simply download the ZIP file.