Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

[MOD] -NPC_EE- ... Non-Player Characters Enhanced, for Everyone!

18910111214»

Comments

• WillScarlettWillScarlett Member Posts: 35
    Hi guys. Really dumb question (doesn't seem like anyone else has asked it), but where is the innate ability to change kits for charname? I made a half-elf cler/mage and my innate ability button is still greyed out. Mod seems to be working fine otherwise (imoen is illusionist/thief now). Am I missing something obvious? Thanks.

• ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,565
    edited November 2018
    @WillScarlett It's just for NPC's, not for your charname, so the ability will not show up.
    EDIT: Scratch that. So it does, sorry.

Post edited by Zaghoul on
    edited November 2018

Am I misreading this then?

Zaghoul
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,565
    edited November 2018
    @WillScarlett No, your right. I tried it and it worked for C/M on my test. In this case we'll have to wait for @subtledoctor to take a look.

• southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 122
    It used to but I believe he removed it a while back.

@Zaghoul, sounds good. Out of curiosity, your innate ability button is where it usually is right? Bottom of the screen to the right hand side of the quick menu?

Zaghoul
  • subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 10,031
    edited November 2018
    I don't remember... I may have removed it since, as if the 2.0 patch, you can choose actual multiclass kits right in the multiclass character generation menus. Why deal with innate abilities and invisible creatures and kit-by-dialogue when you can use the real in-game menus?

(Of course, that doesn't account for if you want to give your multiclass character a single-class kit... but a] that's not a great idea since weapon proficiencies and HLAs can be wonky; and b] there is always EEKeeper for that.)

@subtledoctor I can't find an option to choose kits in the character generation menu. When I select cleric/mage, it jumps straight ahead to proficiency selection instead of going to the kit selection menu.

edited November 2018

@subtledoctor I can't find an option to choose kits in the character generation menu. When I select cleric/mage, it jumps straight ahead to proficiency selection instead of going to the kit selection menu.

Then presumably you don't have any cleric/mage kits installed...

EDIT - maybe it's worth making a new component/new mod that converts single-class kits into multiclass kits.

Thing is, it can get out of hand. The game ships with ~40 kits; my preferred kit-heavy mod selection adds about 120 on top of that, and various NPC mods can add ~20 more. That's 180 kits out of a hard cap of 255. So 75 slots left over. Let's consider multiclass conversion of only the vanilla single-class kits:
    - all fighter kits to F/M, F/C, F/D, F/T: +16
    - all ranger kits to C/R: +3
    - all thief kits to F/T, C/T, M/T: +12
    - all cleric kits to C/M, F/C, C/R, C/T: +20
    - all druid kits to F/D: +3
    - all mage kits to C/M, F/M, M/T: +27

That 81 kits total - over the limit. And it doesn't even contemplate the conversion of mod-added kits.

We could cut that down, by asking the player how to install things:
    Where make C/T kits from?
    [1] from cleric kits
    [2] from thief kits
    Of course even in that case it would be dangerous to include mod kits.

Probably an even better idea would be for me to curate a collection of kits that I think make sense. So e.g. Tempus works for F/C but not C/M. Helm works for F/C but not C/T. That way I could control the numbers but still give people more (>0) and better choices than they have now.

Provisionally, I would say something like:

F/C:
    - fighter/cleric of Helm
    - fighter/cleric of Tempus
    - fighter/cleric of Tyr
    - fighter/cleric of Talos

F/D:
    - kensai/druid
    - wizard slayer/druid
    - barbarian/druid
    - fighter/shapeshifter

F/T:
    - fighter/bounty hunter
    - fighter/assassin
    - kensai/thief
    - wizard slayer/thief

C/M:
    - cleric of Lathander/mage
    - cleric of Talos/mage

C/T:
    - cleric of Talos/thief (really the only one that works)

M/T:
    - assassin/mage
    - swashbuckler/mage
    - wild mage/thief (maybe)

Post edited by subtledoctor on
    Gusinda
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 478
    Hey @subtledoctor , how do you feel about giving Aerie the option of turning into a Bard? I feel that certain kits especially could her backstory.

GawainBS said:

Hey @subtledoctor , how do you feel about giving Aerie the option of turning into a Bard? I feel that certain kits especially could her backstory.

Really?? Which kits? (I don't think any of thd vanilla kits really fit... except maybe Jester?

cleric of Lathander/mage is exactly what I'd like to make

• ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,243
    edited January 4
    Changing Jaheira to a Druid seems to set her hit points to 12. Shouldn't those be 10? 8 from Druid, +2 from Constitution 17.

On the flip side, speccing someone to become a Dwarven Defender does not grant them the +2 additional hit points that it provides over regular Fighters.

Also, if I use the kit ability on Rasaad, it gives me Fighter options, not Monk options. Regardless of which option I choose, he becomes a regular unkitted Monk.

Is there a console command to take the kit ability away? I'll just don't use it on Rasaad and keep him as is.

Found another one. When using the ability on Minsc and choosing Trueclass (again just to get rid of the ability), he doesn't gain the +2 pips in TWF from being a Ranger, not does he gain any abilities to choose new proficiencies. It works fine if you make him an Archer.

Post edited by Thels on
  • Will_O_WispWill_O_Wisp Member Posts: 55
    Great mod - very smooth. I noticed that when I set Minsc to fighter - berserker, he picked up an extra proficiency slot when he dinged 3rd level. That is, I selected a proficiency slot through him through the normal level-up screen, but then the NPCs Enhanced For Everyone weapon proficiency ability button appears in his special abilities panel too. If I click it, it asks to select a 6th weapon proficiency when at 3rd level hes only supposed to have 5. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Thanks

Great mod - very smooth. I noticed that when I set Minsc to fighter - berserker, he picked up an extra proficiency slot when he dinged 3rd level.

Yeah, there is code in the mod to prevent that happening, but it seems to be bugged. :( Unfortunately I don't have a proper install on which to work on mods, nor time to do so anyway...

I should say, if anyone with a bit if technical expertise is inclined to fix current bugs in my mods, don't hold off because of any ownership concerns. They are all open-source, all on Github, anyone is free to mess around with them and improve them. I can help out in the forums or via PMs or whatever.

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 2,004
    That isn't too important. It is easily solved with EE Keeper.

• ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,243
    I'm not sure if there are any plans to update this mod.

If there are, perhaps it's useful to change the confirmation messages for weapon skills to "Advance to Proficiency (+) with this weapon." rather than something like "Advance to Proficiency (+) with clubs.".

If one of the mods modifies the weapon categories (such as Tweaks), then the confirmation lines utter seemingly random messages.

This is just the confirmation click. The weapon descriptions themselves are still accurate. Here's an example image to display the issue:

Wise_Grimwald
    @Thels - probably a good idea, thanks.

Wise_Grimwald
18910111214»