Skip to content

[MOD] -NPC_EE- ... Non-Player Characters Enhanced, for Everyone!

Comments

• WillScarlettWillScarlett Member Posts: 35
    Hi guys. Really dumb question (doesn't seem like anyone else has asked it), but where is the innate ability to change kits for charname? I made a half-elf cler/mage and my innate ability button is still greyed out. Mod seems to be working fine otherwise (imoen is illusionist/thief now). Am I missing something obvious? Thanks.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited November 2018
    @WillScarlett It's just for NPC's, not for your charname, so the ability will not show up.
    EDIT: Scratch that. So it does, sorry.
    Post edited by Zaghoul on
    edited November 2018

Am I misreading this then?
    Zaghoul
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited November 2018
    @WillScarlett No, your right. I tried it and it worked for C/M on my test. In this case we'll have to wait for @subtledoctor to take a look.

• southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    It used to but I believe he removed it a while back.
    @Zaghoul, sounds good. Out of curiosity, your innate ability button is where it usually is right? Bottom of the screen to the right hand side of the quick menu?
    Zaghoul
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @subtledoctor I can't find an option to choose kits in the character generation menu. When I select cleric/mage, it jumps straight ahead to proficiency selection instead of going to the kit selection menu.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Gusinda
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Hey @subtledoctor , how do you feel about giving Aerie the option of turning into a Bard? I feel that certain kits especially could her backstory.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    cleric of Lathander/mage is exactly what I'd like to make
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited January 2019
    Changing Jaheira to a Druid seems to set her hit points to 12. Shouldn't those be 10? 8 from Druid, +2 from Constitution 17.

On the flip side, speccing someone to become a Dwarven Defender does not grant them the +2 additional hit points that it provides over regular Fighters.

Also, if I use the kit ability on Rasaad, it gives me Fighter options, not Monk options. Regardless of which option I choose, he becomes a regular unkitted Monk.

Is there a console command to take the kit ability away? I'll just don't use it on Rasaad and keep him as is.

Found another one. When using the ability on Minsc and choosing Trueclass (again just to get rid of the ability), he doesn't gain the +2 pips in TWF from being a Ranger, not does he gain any abilities to choose new proficiencies. It works fine if you make him an Archer.
    Post edited by Thels on
  • Will_O_WispWill_O_Wisp Member Posts: 55
    Great mod - very smooth. I noticed that when I set Minsc to fighter - berserker, he picked up an extra proficiency slot when he dinged 3rd level. That is, I selected a proficiency slot through him through the normal level-up screen, but then the NPCs Enhanced For Everyone weapon proficiency ability button appears in his special abilities panel too. If I click it, it asks to select a 6th weapon proficiency when at 3rd level hes only supposed to have 5. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Thanks
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    That isn't too important. It is easily solved with EE Keeper.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    I'm not sure if there are any plans to update this mod.

If there are, perhaps it's useful to change the confirmation messages for weapon skills to "Advance to Proficiency (+) with this weapon." rather than something like "Advance to Proficiency (+) with clubs.".

If one of the mods modifies the weapon categories (such as Tweaks), then the confirmation lines utter seemingly random messages.

This is just the confirmation click. The weapon descriptions themselves are still accurate. Here's an example image to display the issue:

Wise_Grimwald
    Wise_Grimwald
    Not sure if it's my mod set up or not but whenever I use the kit change ability on a sorcerer, it gives me mage kit options.
    southfla79 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's my mod set up or not but whenever I use the kit change ability on a sorcerer, it gives me mage kit options.

THE SAME WITH ME
    Wise_GrimwaldZaghoulGusinda
    Think I can update an existing game?
    It's my last mod but the script fixing seems safer. Ty sir
    worked like a charm. thanks again!
    Wise_Grimwald
  • CryosaurCryosaur Member Posts: 15
    Hey, subtledoctor. Was anything ever done along the lines of a lore-friendly community-endorsed comprehensive set of NPC(-only) kits?

From reading forum history, I see that you and others talked about this some years ago, but then either nothing came of it or the work was redirected to general-purpose class/kit mods. Yes, your mod here is written to support this goal, but the kits themselves are squirreled away in various other mods. I have occasionally done some work on this myself but always got distracted or bogged down trying to unwind various kits from monolithic mods, so I thought I'd ask if anyone had ever released anything of this nature that I happened to not see.
    There is also the kit tomes mod which gives you tomes that enable you to add kitd in-game as a reward for doing quests. I like it though the number of kits is limited.

If you have installed a kit through a mod, then keeper can be used to assign a kit to an NPC.
    ThacoBellWise_Grimwald