Skip to content

The People of Baldur's Gate are weird

So there I am, walking down the street, trying to crack open this case against the Iron Throne. I then see a colorfully dressed nobleman who shouts that he doesn't want to speak with me. He then walks up, complains about a broken mirror, and walks off in a huff.

Some days I wish I'd just stayed in Candlekeep. People there made sense. (At least most of the time.)

Comments

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Tuth said:

At least in Baldur's Gate city you don't have to fight some totally overpowered monsters, like the suicide mission from Reevor in Candlekeep.

I'm still amazed every time I do the prologue, Reevor thinks I'm up to his task.

• Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159

Tuth said:

At least in Baldur's Gate city you don't have to fight some totally overpowered monsters, like the suicide mission from Reevor in Candlekeep.

I'm still amazed every time I do the prologue, Reevor thinks I'm up to his task.

Wait the one with the monster illusions? I thought they did no damage, or is that EE alone? Mostly it just wastes my time since I don't take damage and so don't really have to do anything...
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

Tuth said:

Wait the one with the monster illusions? I thought they did no damage, or is that EE alone? Mostly it just wastes my time since I don't take damage and so don't really have to do anything...
    they are talking about the battle with the rats :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    sarevok57 said:

Tuth said:

"The Battle with the rats" I would call it even "The War with the rats"
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    Hahaha, yeah, good point. Never died there, but so much missing... And so many lazy cats. :/
  • my lvl 1 mage with 8 con died in that epic war.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Hahaha, yeah, good point. Never died there, but so much missing... And so many lazy cats. :/

Did you know the cats can not even kill the rats? They just knock them out.

I charmed one with my Beast Master ranger to have it do the work for me, and it couldn't deliver a killing blow. Obviously a bug that needs to be addressed.
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    bengoshi said:

sarevok57 said:

Tuth said:

"The Battle with the rats" I would call it even "The War with the rats"
    Or "The Feeding Frenzy for your Familiar"
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202
    edited September 2015
    I just imprison most people who annoy me . It's the demilich approach, you annoy a demilich, they ‘imprisonment' you.
  • T2av said:

I just imprison most people who annoy me . It's the demilich approach, you annoy a demilich, they ‘imprisonment' you.

I prefer turning them to stone or polymorphing them, fine home decoration or friend for boo.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

T2av said:

I prefer turning them to stone or polymorphing them, fine home decoration or friend for boo.
    Now I'm tempted to go down to the docks and turn everyone there into stone. Possibly in an amusing arrangement as well.