Skip to content

How many have rolled 100+ stat points?

Comments

• jinxed75jinxed75 Member Posts: 157
    Spending hours to get an absurdly high roll seems like a colossal waste of life time to me. Just go and use the Keeper if you want to play with stats like these.
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    Its about achievement I guess, at least its realistic hardwork. Keeper just spoil the fun, especially u will be tempted to cheat a 108 perfect stats
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    I just got my best roll ever with 98 points
    ant it was with a Human
    I was playing around rolling a Vanilla human fighter when I hit a 98
    was only rolling maybe 3 minutes
    It came up to 98 points after I moved points around it was
    STR 18/04
    DEX 18
    CON 18
    INT 17
    WIS 17
    CHA 10
    I was amazed never had aq] CHARFNANE lie this
    if fact when I first saw the 98 points
    I sat back for a minute and went Oh My God
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    @ozzybotkins: Hello dual-classing! :P It's kinda wasted on a pure class fighter, hehe..
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited February 2016
    Does BG provides spell immunities for high Wisdom?

If it does, I would go for WIS 18 to go for WIS 22 in ToB (3 Tomes and LdM Machine).
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    No, Wisdom immunities are not implemented. I don't know if anyone ever modded them in, but that would probably break the game balance when encounters were set knowing you would not have /this/ source of immunity.

Of course, you do get a ridiculous number of bonus spells if you push your wisdom all the way to 25 (possible with Tomes, other bonuses, and wearing an item or two), and regeneration for high Con is implemented - and achievable in the first game for dwarves and half-orcs.
  • biffyclangerbiffyclanger Member Posts: 216
    What immunities are you suppose to get with high wisdom?
    Immunities to various illusions and mind-affecting spells, I don't have the list in front of me, but the immunities for a 25 wisdom get quite silly - as befits the Wisdom stat reserved for only the greatest and wisest of gods in their respective pantheons.
    Well, dump Wisdom and invest in Charisma then.

Or dual-class to Priest. Even better: dump Int, raise Cha and dual-class to Druid.
    Once you accept that CharName does not need a Wisdom boost, BG1 can get a lot more interesting. There are sufficient Wiz boosts to dual several other NPCs into cleric in the same game, if you want to take a path less trodden.

Sadly, I can never get over my divine destiny of claiming every stat boost I see for myself! Maybe one day...
    Too bad Xzar is not available in BG2. He become a hell of a priest once you give him all the tomes.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    Highest I've ever rolled was a 96 on an old F/M. I usually keep rerolling until I hit 90+. Sometimes I click right past a great roll, say "Screw this" and just EEKeeper the stats on. I got the roll, I just clicked past it on accident =)
  • cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
    96 is virtually the highest you can get, I think.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    For my elven ranger (Stalker kit) that I rolled up yesterday.
    Print it and put on a shelf.
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    Border said:

Wow... Would love to roll that in BG1.

Not bad in BG2 either....

@SionIV Do you recall what name, etc. you chose for that character???
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    edited February 2016
    SionIV said:

A few minutes ago, shame about the STR.

@SionIV Do you recall what name, etc. you chose for that character???

My own highest rolls have been a couple of 95pt rolls. But my best roll overall has been a 90pt roll with 18/00 Strength Elven Female FMT ~"Sascha Smith".
    edited February 2016
    I don't care much about extraordinary strength for two reasons:

1) Except when I'm planning to Dual-Class I use half-orcs (hello, 19 Strength!)

2) There's a Tome, LdM and Hell Trials to raise your strength permanently and any wizard is able to cast Strength to boost you to 18/00 when things go wild
    Post edited by Raduziel on
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    jinxed75 said:

Spending hours to get an absurdly high roll seems like a colossal waste of life time to me. Just go and use the Keeper if you want to play with stats like these.

It's much more satisfying to get high stats after setting yourself a 10 roll limit, even though it's completely down to luck. The highest roll I got was a 96, and that was on my tenth roll.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    edited February 2016
    not to mention some of us use EE-KEEPER only for actuall bugfixes (like myself to use the magemodel on any X/Mage dual/multi)

while i agree that addon those 10 extra pips in say like wisdom seem not to hurt it still feels like cheatin.

also a 98 with 18.98 strength Kensai ...9898 is oddly satisfying

edit: just slammed down a 100 on a Lawful Evil Cleric not associated with Talos, 3 Digits is ...exhilarating
    Post edited by DevardKrown on
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

I just got my best roll ever with 98 points
    ant it was with a Human
    I was playing around rolling a Vanilla human fighter when I hit a 98
    was only rolling maybe 3 minutes
    It came up to 98 points after I moved points around it was
    STR 18/04
    DEX 18
    CON 18
    INT 17
    WIS 17
    CHA 10
    I was amazed never had aq] CHARFNANE lie this
    if fact when I first saw the 98 points
    I sat back for a minute and went Oh My God

Please tell me that you dualed him into either a mage or a cleric. Because either way he has the perfect stats for it.

I'd probably go mage. By the end of BG1 you'd have the 18 int you need for top tier spells. And with the super high wisdom, he can use wish without fear. Heck, I'd make a party strategy out of him using wish.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    It's not 100, but when I was rolling up an uber-party for a Black Pits run, I rolled two 98's within 5 minutes of each other. This is 4d6 drop 1.

• butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    edited February 2016
    I don't mind low 18/xx rolls if the rest of the rolls are high, as long as I'm planning on going to BG2. You're just going to 19 that strength with a tome anyway.

My highest roll was a 95. The caveat is that I used the Sikulix BGEE auto_roller. I had to redo some of the image captures and I noticed that the author wrote it without consideration for triple digit totals. Having never seen one, I went ahead and anticipated what would happen and added a check for a one or zero in the tens area of the total to signal a triple digit.

Then, last night I got my new high! 100!!! Thanks to my extra check, the script worked and halted!! It was very exciting. Since I was rolling a F/Th around 6 of that was extraneous, but it was cool nonetheless.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    BGEE produces better stat rolls than old BG1?

Why? How? What's the formula?
  • proghead3proghead3 Member Posts: 65
    edited February 2016
    Yes, four times. Unfortunately one of them I clicked through (inquisitor) and I didn't catch the exceptional strength score. So who knows what could have been...

Of the three remaining, one was for an elven ranger and two were for paladins (cavalier and inquisitor).

The ranger roll took about 5 minutes. I never used the archer because (1) it's not a paladin and (2) Legolas.

The paladin rolls took many, many, many hours over many years of playing the game. I actually didn't even save the cavalier roll because the exceptional score was trash and I have another cavalier roll, my best roll ever, that is a 97 with an 18/00. My inquisitor has 101 stats which is bananas. A 101 on a paladin is great because you can bump intellect to 16 (as to survive three mind flayer hits) whilst keeping max strength, dexterity, constitution, and charisma. The exceptional strength score for this one was good enough for a +2 to hit, so that's nice.

This thread got me thinking, this game really should have had a point-buy with attribute increases as you increase your experience. It would have made for better game balance, better game sense (since you are ascending into godhood), and less wasted time.

Not a paladunce:

• OsigoldOsigold Member Posts: 117
    My highest legitimate rolls were both 96s, for a gnome Illusionist/Cleric and a human Blade.

I've gotten triple digit results after performing some strategic 2da editing to exclude results I'd consider unacceptable for a certain character, but I don't use 'em. I like my characters to be in the 90-95 range, around about where the high total NPCs live. I don't want Keldorn laughing at me behind my back.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    I sort of abandoned re rolling a while ago, when I picked the game again as an adult, I realized that staying until 3 am clicking when I had to get up at 8 am to go to work was not an option.

I create most of my character with 93/94 points so the game challenge and the art of stat point distribution is not lost. Highest I rolled was 97 but I made a crappy character, highest I've played on a legitimate roll was 96 Kensai/Mage.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    96 is the highest I've ever properly rolled, and it was on a skald I played for a little bit right before 2.0 hit the ground. Unfortunately I junked him after the patch to try out all the new goodies on a Cavalier (which was a 93 roll, I believe.) He at least made it through the game.

I'll willingly admit to doing the Ctrl+8 trick, and subtracting points 'till I get my wanted build. I usually end in the 92-95 range that way.
  • TelcontarTelcontar Member Posts: 12
    97 Human berserker
    97 Human Dragon Disciple
    Both in last two days, on BG:EE. I do not remember but I think I got 96 on Elven Ranger in the old BG.