Skip to content

Cow? Pow!

FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
Ok, I have seen Neera do some odd things, but this was new to me. Stupid Hob Captain should have known better than to try a spell in the Wild Forest. I had to go back and see what happened; a cow fell out of the sky onto his head. Splat! Suicide by cow.

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Yup. One of the wild mage surges casts a Summon Cow spell that does 3d10+3 crushing damage. It strikes as a level 1 spell and does not bypass magic resistance.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075

Yup. One of the wild mage surges casts a Summon Cow spell that does 3d10+3 crushing damage. It strikes as a level 1 spell and does not bypass magic resistance.

Just think for a minute about what it would really look like for someone to "resist the magic" of a cow falling on their head. Of course in the game the resisting of it is not that spectacular, but...
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    FrdNwsm said:

Logically, MR should not apply. The cow may have been created magically high in the air, but what follows is pure physical law. Gravity accelerates the cow's mass 32ft/sec/sec, and 4 seconds later half a ton of flailing bovine slams into the target. All of its kinetic energy is transferred to the impactee, inflicting a usually fatal blow to any man-sized target.

Being generous, we might concede a saving throw, to see whether the victim manages to duck aside. There should be a significant negative however, reflecting the fact that the odds are highly unlikely that anyone would look up in the middle of a pitched battle and scan the sky for airborne cows.
    "No can see me, though my moo might give me away."