Skip to content

[obsolete] Big World Setup (BWS): Mod Manager for Baldur's Gate / Enhanced Edition (Trilogy)

Comments

• FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    Thank you @jastey! I'll look into that (and bug support here :wink:) -Fred
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    Unai said:

I'm several hours into a playthrough and was thinking of changing some settings of the Tweaks Anthology that was installed with this tool.

Is this possible using this tool or only reinstalling it manually or even not possible at all without restating my save?

@Unai Q: Can I re-install mods and change one or two options?
    A: Theoretically yes but practically there is a huge chance that reverting process will fail. It's the nature of the game, mods and how they are coded. Also, you saved games will be incompatible. You should read excellent explanation by agb1:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/829506/#Comment_829506
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/829720/#Comment_829720
  • billy_pilgrimbilly_pilgrim Member Posts: 132
    edited July 2018
    Hey guys, I'm trying to install BGT using BWS. I've done it in the past successfully, but it was about a year ago. When I let bws check the links Big world install pack isn't accessible, as well as several other mods. Unfortunately I can't access it manually either, is shs down? Does anyone know where I can find this (and other mods on shs?)
    It's big world install pack, and text pack
    Thanks!
  • hackinslashhackinslash Member Posts: 46
    SHS/Gibberling's down. so either wait or wait?
  • XImpalerXXImpalerX Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    I am also trying to install Big World and getting an error message, which I assume is realated. SHS has been down for a few days now :(

Seems like SHS/G3 goes down occasionally. The only thing we can do is wait for it to go back up, usually within a couple of days.
  • CheryChocieCheryChocie Member Posts: 47
    Anyone know why they go down every so often and then for a couple days at a time? It seems unprofessional to me. Perhaps that's the wrong way to look at it but considering they're both so prevalent in the modding community, it's highly inconvenient when they do go down. I also do appreciate that the admins of the respective websites no doubt have full time jobs and do it in their free time, but that does little to assuage the frustration of it.

At any rate, I hope they go back up soon, I'm itching to do a BWS at the moment.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837
    This is why I keep copies of all important modding files on my external hard drive. It saves a lot of hassle. It is always worthwhile keeping old versions of mods in case of incompatibilities turning up later. That is, if you have the space.
    Well, unfortunately I was unaware of their inoperative status when I cleaned up all my old files. It is just frustrating to want to do something and not be able to, all other games of a similar genre seem somehow inadequate to me right now.
    just picked up NWN:EE to pass the time. Never played any of the 'famous' mods, like Aielund. It's definitely better than the OC so far, just started A2.
  • Jemand84Jemand84 Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2018
    Need shs and g3, damnit!
    Anyone with contact to them?

Ha, Twitter and Facebook does the trick, but does not help either - They are "working on it".
    Post edited by Jemand84 on
    Exactly where did you read that? I've checked their twitter and facebook and the only facebook post that says they are working on it is from May 30th which is a previous incident of them going down and not this instance of them going down.

As an aside, the frequency with which these websites go down is truly stupid.
  • shylamanshylaman Member Posts: 173
    So frustrating. Been down since the weekend. I have time off and wanting to play, but can’t get half the mods. Some mods having issues, but no access to mod forums for help. Grrrr.
  • Jemand84Jemand84 Member Posts: 11

Exactly where did you read that? I've checked their twitter and facebook and the only facebook post that says they are working on it is from May 30th which is a previous incident of them going down and not this instance of them going down.

As an aside, the frequency with which these websites go down is truly stupid.

I wrote them and they answered ^^
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Maick90Maick90 Member Posts: 52
    After installing the game with BWS, everything else seems to work ok, but the character info screen is somehow messed up.
    Sorry, i have no idea where i should try to look for solutions.
    edited July 2018
    This may or may not work. Try editing the character with EE Keeper, alter things, change them back and save the game. Re-open again. I haven't seen anything like that before.

I take it that this IS a new game. If you try and open an old game with a new installation, all sorts of problems WILL arise, not MIGHT arise.
    It's a new game. But i noticed this problem first by loading an old save, that i had from an earlier BWS-installation (can this screw up the whole games settings, even with new playthroughs?) In EE keeper i modified the characters strength, saved the edit and then put back the old strength value and then saved. I opened the modified save and it didn't solve the problem.
    All I can suggest then is that you try and eliminate where this problem is originating. If you still want your old games copy them into another folder and then delete all your in-game saves. Then start a new game. I once had a similar problem with a corrupted area file and had to delete an old game to solve the problem.

I'm not hopeful that this will work, but it's worth a try.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    See if you have a file named ui.menu in your override. Move it out someplace and see if that has any effect.
    Sorry guys, i think the problem was that the "clean install" i had ready for the BWS install wasn't so clean after all. I think the game runs perfectly now. Thanks for the help though!
    Wise_Grimwald
    Hey guys I got my install to work. But I have a question, if I understand correctly EET runs BGI in the BGII engine right? If so I should be able to get more than 30 fps in BGI? I just ran vanilla BGII and I get a higher frame rate than BGI in EET. Does BGI just not work with more than 30fps, e.i. the rounds, game time etc are all tied to the fps or is there a setting within EET that I can change somewhere?
  • FreakydooFreakydoo Member Posts: 37
    Since I installed this wonderful mod manager, the dialog box won't scroll to the bottom and the quick save button. Isn't saving. I understand that there are 100's of options that may be causing these issues, but I'm hoping there might be an easy fix. If not... oh well. .
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Did you install the alternate SoD GUI for EET? You need to remove it as it's not yet compatible with 2.5.
  • KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    I apologize for the idiot question...I have the most recent install of each game. Loaded TBW program, and I'm on the screen where I select my directories and customization (modding PSTEE). Selected the PSTEE location, green 'Select' Result. Have not changed the Downloads or Translation selections. I'm selecting "minimal', and then selecting 'choose Mods and Components'. I go there...and I don't have an option to make selections, as the 'Continue' button is greyed out. Is there anything I can do?
  • HubalHubal Member Posts: 25
    Kennis said:

I apologize for the idiot question...I have the most recent install of each game. Loaded TBW program, and I'm on the screen where I select my directories and customization (modding PSTEE). Selected the PSTEE location, green 'Select' Result. Have not changed the Downloads or Translation selections. I'm selecting "minimal', and then selecting 'choose Mods and Components'. I go there...and I don't have an option to make selections, as the 'Continue' button is greyed out. Is there anything I can do?

You need to press Back button, then continue with installation.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I just had a problem starting BWS on a new IWD:EE installation and I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else runs into it.

I downloaded the latest IWD beta from Beamdog and copied the installation to my mod directory. Then I fired up BWS, let it update and pointed it at the copied game folder. I'm on Windows 10, so when I ran BWS, I had to type my admin password to run the VBS script host.

After picking my mods, I hit continue and it asked me to start the game and save, which I had forgotten to do. However, after I did this, hitting continue again caused BWS to fail without an error message.

I tried a couple more times with variations to try and pin down what was happening before I realized it was a problem with user contexts. I was running BWS as my admin user and running IWD as my regular user. I right clicked on the IWD exe and chose "Run as administrator" and saved the game. After that, BWS worked fine and installed the mods without further glitch.
  • KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    Thanks!

• Arty87Arty87 Member Posts: 4
    When I download the mods in the big world setup, it says I am missing 2 essential mods: Both are labeled as "BiG World Textpack v17.0.1 ENGLISH.7z"

I tried going finding the file online but to no avail. It seems like the websites are down for spellstudio or whoever published this

because this mod is labeled essential, I cannot proceed with the setup. Any help or advice?

Thanks!

• valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    edited August 2018
    There are generally mirrors you can Google where you can find everything when SHS is down, but sometimes theyre harder to find or out of date admittedly. BiG World Textpack v17.0.1 ENGLISH.7z is only 2 megs so since I have it in my downloads Ill make one temporarily for ya. Just put it in the "Downloads" folder in your BWS folder with the other mods

https://nofile.io/f/4Um5PrjWv8M/BiG+World+Textpack+v17.0.1+ENGLISH.7z
    BillyYankWise_Grimwald
  • Arty87Arty87 Member Posts: 4
    valamyr said:

There are generally mirrors you can Google where you can find everything when SHS is down, but sometimes theyre harder to find or out of date admittedly. BiG World Textpack v17.0.1 ENGLISH.7z is only 2 megs so since I have it in my downloads Ill make one temporarily for ya. Just put it in the "Downloads" folder in your BWS folder with the other mods

https://nofile.io/f/4Um5PrjWv8M/BiG+World+Textpack+v17.0.1+ENGLISH.7z

thanks a ton you cant imagine how much you'v helped me. I searched like every website using every browser and read every thread but still couldnt find the file anywhere
    Wise_Grimwald