Skip to content

When are we going to see BGEE's on Sale?

Anyone knows? I want my housemate to get a copy so we can jam together online/LAN. Are we ever going to see any of enhanced editions going on sale? Maybe you guys know, if there are any online stores that are selling them cheaper?

R.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited October 2015
    I recommend to buy games directly from Beamdog. This way you get your patches first. And it's a nice way of supporting the devs.

It's a good bet the EEs will go on sale during the Christmas - New Year holidays, for example, it was the case in 2013/2014: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/26941/bg-ee-bgii-ee-holiday-sale-now-over.

Also, the holiday period is a good chance for sales on Steam and GoG.com.

Also, there's a hope SoD will be released before Christmas, 2015, so there will be a chance of something like BGEE+SoD sale.
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    Yeah, I figured that sale might come when SoD is being released. And what do you mean, first to get patches? As I read, the latest patch has come out about 2 years ago. Or am I missing something. I usually get my games at gog, and I guess they pay a hefty sum to the developers. Afaik it was made as an indie project at the begging to support smaller developers.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    GoG is designed to distribute games without any kind of DRM, this lets anyone that buys the games do as they wish with their copy. for example I could give my codes to my brother and he'll be able to install it on his PC too. It also means that if GOG goes under and their servers go down the games don't require any online connection to function.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I only wish for a apple store sale since I don't want to pay full price for both my PC version and for my tablet. I would like to have a version on my ipad for when travelling etc, but I feel to cheap to purchase it at full price :blush:
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Yeah, I'm waiting for BG2EE sale on Google Play store to complete my collection on tablet.