Skip to content

When?

I have received no updates about Siege of Dragonspear, despite the claim that it is supposed to come out this year. Does anyone know when it is supposed to come out? Or When I can pre-order it?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    There was never such a claim. Never have they said anything about an estimated release date.

"It will be out when it's ready". This was the only message they shared from the start and keep sharing with us now.

On the previous week Trent Oster said that they were still "adding" to SoD, so it seems the process is still going.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @bengoshi Every news article I read about it said it was supposed to come out in 2015, but you're right, Trent is the supreme source.
  • spacehamzterspacehamzter Member Posts: 77
    Its all lies, propaganda from real life Bhaalspawn. Don't believe any of it.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    It's all an elaborate ruse.

There is no siege of dragonspear. They're just trolling us and toying with our emotions thinking that they'd release a expansion to a fifteen year old game.

But keep checking that page for a pre-order button.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    BillyYank said:

It's not a ruse, it's another experiment devised by the Stanford Psychology Department.

Actually it is a plot propagated by the Men in Black. I read it in their minds by way of my tin foil skull cap. They told me that aliens have come to suck out our brains via this game and that they were the ones that shot JFK on the grassy knoll.

On a brighter note, the Kardashians are NOT aliens as it turns out, just really REALLY stupid.
  • enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
    bengoshi said:

There was never such a claim. Never have they said anything about an estimated release date.

"It will be out when it's ready". This was the only message they shared from the start and keep sharing with us now.

On the previous week Trent Oster said that they were still "adding" to SoD, so it seems the process is still going.

Saying that there was no "claim" is not the whole story, however; In the official FAQ thread it says they are aiming for late 2015. Sure, no "claim" per say, but there is an established goal which, atleast in this case, goes for the best estimate we have.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Ghamarro In the Q&A Oster did reveal that they were working hard for a 2015 release, but no promises.

In the OP here is written: "the claim that it is supposed to come out this year."

Being supposed to come out and working hard are different things.

The stance on "When?" didn't change. It's been always "When it's ready".
  • SelisSelis Member Posts: 11
    [quote]"It will be out when it's ready". This was the only message they shared from the start and keep sharing with us now.[/quote]

Not typically Beamdog's way of handling things, considering the massive amounts of bugs in BG2:EE, and the great many that still lie in wait unfixed. Bugs they introduced I might add. Firewine Ruins are still empty for instance.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Selis said:

Not typically Beamdog's way of handling things, considering the massive amounts of bugs in BG2:EE, and the great many that still lie in wait unfixed. Bugs they introduced I might add. Firewine Ruins are still empty for instance.

The rushed schedule for BG:EE had to do with pressure from Atari if I'm not mistaken. The same thing with certain updates for BG2:EE. (Someone more knowledgeable correct me if I'm wrong). The problem of not fixing bugs/introducing bugs due to rushing products is precisely the reason why they stated that this time they want to delay release till they are pretty bug-free. I do assume that when the updates are released to convert BG:EE and BG2:EE to the post-SoD setup it will also remove (most of) the numerous bugs identified at the moment.

• helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    So, are there any news? It has been a long time since they said they hoped to release the game in 2015 (it says so in the official page). Considering tomorrow is December and we still have no news, I guess we will have to wait until 2016.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    helmo1977 said:

So, are there any news? It has been a long time since they said they hoped to release the game in 2015 (it says so in the official page). '

where ========?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • tokarev748tokarev748 Member Posts: 27
    Even a "you guys have to wait until 2016" is a good acceptable news.We need it.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    The latest patch for BG EE was 29 August 2014...
    The latest patch for BG EE 2 was 15 December 2014...

With the pace of patches of this team, ill guess SoD will come at the end of 2017.. If we are lucky :)

But who cares... No news are good news for fans like us. We dont need news for this game..
    So please dont tell us anything more of this game.. We dont care.. And it actually dont look so good.. Its just old wine on new bottles.

irony is a bitch... :love:
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited December 2015
    It's done, when it is done.

Don't rush developers by being impatient, or you'll get an inferior and buggier product.
    Ask Atari, they know that better than anyone around.
    Archaos said:

It's done, when it is done.

Don't rush developers by being impatient, or you'll get an inferior and buggier product.
    Ask Atari, they know that better than anyone around.

Well, the main problem with Atari wasnt rushing products, but fleeing when said rushed products didnt reach their expected sales (Temple of Elemental Evil, anyone?)
    lordkim said:

helmo1977 said:

So, are there any news? It has been a long time since they said they hoped to release the game in 2015 (it says so in the official page). '

where ========?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ummm... I have checked the official FAQ and there is nothing there apart from "we will announce a release date soon" (that was aproximately 9 months ago).

Perhaps I dreamt it.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311

Someday...

it's unhuman

• brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    wojtek said:

Someday...

it's unhuman

Pretty much, everything what Phillip Daigle says is unhuman and godlike.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    brus said:

wojtek said:

Someday...

it's unhuman

Even if what he said was "I farted on your mother?"
  • FeytorFeytor Member Posts: 57
    Nimran said:

brus said:

wojtek said:

Someday...

it's unhuman

Even if what he said was "I farted on your mother?"
    With my mother he must be a god or he couldn't come close enough........ ;)
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    brus said:

You're half right.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

brus said:

You're half right.

Yeah.

Also, it's spelled Inhuman.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944

You're half right.

So, just godlike.
    Dee said:

Yeah.
    Also, it's spelled Inhuman.

In this case, unhuman is additional word in dictionary made by @wojtek .
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    So, yeah. When? At this point "my guess would be 3 months -- check back in three months" would be appreciated so I could stop checking the forum and not finding any news.
  • ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    Omg.

iam so gonna pre order.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311

So, yeah. When? At this point "my guess would be 3 months -- check back in three months" would be appreciated so I could stop checking the forum and not finding any news.

so true
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @killerrabbit - my guess would be 3 months -- check back in three months.
  • magaritymagarity Member Posts: 51
    Whenever its released I just hope the Android release isn't months and months after iThings.