Skip to content

Depicting your bhaalspawn

So we all know of using in game portriats or of using custom portraits, but how many people actually tried writing or drawing out a visual depictions of their DnD or just BG character?

This includes modeling, sculpting, or using prop photography as well.
JuliusBorisovBladeDancerButtercheese[Deleted User]

Comments

• BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    Well, I go more in depth than custom portraits to describe my D&D characters, their physical appearance, backstory, origins, etc. But I've never done any modeling, sculpting or using prop photography to describe them.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Maybe artists on this forum could draw characters for other forumites according to a description this or that forumite provides ;)
    Buttercheese
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    @bengoshi
    Have fun with that one lmao.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    @Buttercheese The second to the last source is Clyde Caldwell, a D&D artist from way back. That's actually the cover image for an AD&D module.

http://www.dndclassics.com/product/17098/I11-Needle-1e?it=1&filters=0_0_44700

Buttercheese
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited November 2015
    Ermm ... just so that attributions of artwork are kept straight ... are you sure you don't have your "left" and "right" mixed up in those examples, @Buttercheese? One which you currently appear to be claiming as your own bears Niahawk's sig!

Edit: okay, you've fixed it now, thanks.
    Post edited by Gallowglass on
    FinneousPJSkatanButtercheese
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    @Buttercheese
    I'm on a cell phone there is no left and right, just up and down.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    I did it once with a D&D cleric I played.
    JuliusBorisov
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I used to draw alot when I was younger, but I stopped because I was my own worst critic. I used to get alot of praise for my drawings, but I just couldn't cope with the fact that always made errors in every picture and so when other saw the whole, I only saw the small issues. So the answer is no, though I often draw a picture of them in my head then try to find a pic from a talented artist that fits. I like to browse @LadyRhian's thread for inspiration, deviant art or just google pictures.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]Nimranlolien
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Oops, yes mixed those up :X
    Fixed it now and added the missing source.
    JuliusBorisov
    Here's a better link for Caldwell. He's got some nice merchandise there.

https://www.clydecaldwell.com/
    Buttercheese
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    @BillyYank That's one hell of a retro website, how fitting! Also, a lot of great material for character portraits :O
    edited November 2015

@BillyYank That's one hell of a retro website, how fitting! Also, a lot of great material for character portraits :O

And his email address is still @aol.com.
    I swear, between AD&D and Baen books, I've probably got more Caldwell art on my shelves than any other artist.
    Buttercheese