Skip to content

NWN2's OC isn't as bad as everyone says it is, I think (Spoilers for part of NWN2).

Comments

• iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Assassin gets HiPS at level 8.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    iKrivetko said:

>Assassin
    >Toss in SD for HiPS
    That's daft.

Assassins get HiPS in thier own right, don't they, at level 8 or 9?

Same effect but with less cheese.
  • ReibornReiborn Member Posts: 156
    yes that's why I said iirc.
    in nwn1 only SD gets hips.
    That's true.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    OHHH NOOOOO
    [Spoiler] I found Ammon Jerro and he revealed everyone died except for MAYBE Sand, Neeshka, and Zhjaeve with a low possibility on Elanee. I should have let Elanee leave the party. I didn't know I'd accidentally kill her :(. Only confirmed to live is Kelghar. Ammon Jerro now joins my party as a guest so that is pretty cool, though. [/Spoiler]
    edited December 2015
    yes that's cool moment.

so guys you gave me the nostalgic treatment...
    I need a NWN2 campaign run and I can't decide a fun build.

I played as paladin)good) and as rogue\assassin(evil),
    now I can't decide what to play.
    from one side I have plenty of cool classes I know I can have fun with what's stopping me it's the skills.... the thought of not having diplomacy\bluff\intimidate is just... dunno... weird.

Hows the arcane trickster? mix of trickster and wizard can be fun? maybe toss rogue level in between?

Edit:
    also if you want to spice up the game I just found there is KPP for nwn2 !
    http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/hakpak/original-hakpak/kaedrins-prc-pack-v1421

Greetings. I'm Kaedrin and I've been working on putting together new content for the community. So far I've done 4 base classes, 45 prestige classes, over 150 new spells, new and revised Domains for Clerics, craftable ammo for Ranged Weapons, new poisons, new races, craftable thrown weapons, as well as enabling enchantments to be cast on ranged and thrown weapons.

I've also done spellbooks for Blackguards and Assassins along with an upgrade to the Blackguards servant. There are over 150 new feats along with an overhaul of the wildshape ability. Alternate class features have been added for the Barbarian (Whirlwind Frenzy), Paladin (Divine Spirit), and Red Dragon Disciple (Dragon Disciple). Countless fixes for core game spells, feats, and classes are also included.

also if you play the game on modern systems you might want to use the client extension which solved me some issues,
    http://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/other/nwn2-client-extension

and of course the new NWvault website!
    http://neverwintervault.org/
    Glad to see another join the NWN2 Playing Group-thing! XD

[Spoiler] I made rest to Myrkul's soul and now he is truly dead. This is one of my favorite moments in D&D gaming. I got to talk to a God of the Dead and "killed" him! THAT'S SO COOL! n_n. Now to move on to take claim of my silver sword. [/Spoiler]

I can see why people told me prior that a Necromancer run of this game would be very fitting. I think my Necro-Bard still fits the RP for it.
    every class can fit in some way or another.
    you should make a ranger\frenzied berserker called minsc and give him giant midget space hamster (badger) as animal companion.

also give him 8 wis and 8 int.
    You can't really make an AT without a few rogue levels. Or at least any other class that has sneak dice (except for Assassin). It's not a really good class either way though.

I might start a controller Warlock run at some point. The problem is that it will have to be evil, and playing an evil character in the OC sucks arse.
    [Spoiler] Ha-HA! I have my Silver Sword again! I know weapon finesse and TWF are useless with it since it's a 2 handed weapon for my little gnome but I lovvveee the spell like abilities and RP value. I also got a ring that can cast create greater undead 1/day! Also every character is so interesting. I spared the Founder's life because she did what she did out of love and Piro is just as irrational that she'd do the same. [/Spoiler]
    edited December 2015
    [Spoiler] GANN CONFESSED HIS LOVE FOR PIRO! AMG I LOVE THIS SO MUCH; THIS GAME IS SO GOOD AND THE FEELS ARE HAPPENING HARD [/Spoiler]

Edit: I feel like I should bring Okku with me through the gate but the other three party members have so much more of a reason to be there imo. So no Okku for this run. On my next run I'll use the console command to have a 5 man party.
    do what I did, I used a console command to increase teh number of companions.
    I did entire MOTB (as in the OC you got like a small army it's too many...) with all companions. I think motb is 6? not so bad and pretty awesome.

I think I might go for Hexblade, it is a basic class added with K-PRC-Pack which mix random arcane spells with fighter.
    you basically bash stuff and cast loads of debuffs at the same time.

here:
    http://nwn2customcontent.wikidot.com/hexblade

the pack also adds new races.. pretty cool.

OtOh I'm trying to figure out some sort of warlock with good alignment build using one of those new prcs.
    there is interesting one which mesh cleric and warlock that allows to increase turn undead and adds new abilities like turning EB to healing instead of damage etc:
    http://nwn2customcontent.wikidot.com/eldritch-disciple

Overall I think the most needed class for the oc and the MOTB is some sort of rogue, someone which can handle traps and locks as in the OC you get only one companion and in MOTB you might not even get one.
    so unless you are rogue yourself you will have to stick with same companion all the time.
    edited December 2015
    [Spoiler] OH GEEZ I'M CRYING SO HARD RIGHT NOW. I'm at the "Dream Crossroad Keep" and I'm talking to all the dream versions of my old friends. All the lines written define the character so well in just one or two sentences. This expansion is so good. I got to speak to Myrkul AND Kelemvor!
    Edit: Now I'm in west harbor with Bevil, Lorne, and Cormick. I LOVE THIS. Also I noticed even Shandra was in my dream Crossroad Keep QQ [/Spoiler]
    edited December 2015
    WELP, Beat the game! Holy crap that was good! In the end Piro chose freedom over being bound. The curse lives on but her and Gann would be together forever. ALSO

[Spoiler] NEESHKA LIVED! YEAHHHHHHH [/Spoiler]

I adore this game. It's definitely probably now my #1 game of all time but I still need to beat ToB. I'll make a full assessment after that.

Edit:
    [Spoiler] So I save-scummed to check out what happens if I decide to sacrifice Piro. Fortunately Gann stayed with Piro even on the wall. While I think this end is more satisfying I still think Piro would choose freedom. Also, the idea of Piro and Gann traveling across infinite planes pleases me. Plus she gets reunited with her best friend Neeshka! [/Spoiler]

yes.
    we had a reason to say MOTB is one of the best rpg ever made.
    it's epic.

Oh I most certainly see now! It really is super epic!
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Hehe, yeah, those last few spoilers are pretty much the only reason I encourage people to play the OC and not just go straight to MotB. It does elevate the experience.
    Yeah! Those lines are SO good! And I even saw
    Amie
    ! I miss her, too :(

Also in the end Piro was a Bard 28/Shadowdancer 2. I didn't expect her to hit 30. It was nice though that she hit the cap right before the end battle lol.
    you can end the curse without going into the wall, then in ending scene you go back to west harbor
    edited December 2015
    WHAT
    Oh wait
    [Spoiler] Does it have to do with the mask fragments I found? I only had 2/3 of them. I just googled it and saw I missed one in the Well of Lurue [/Spoiler]

Edit: If that is the case I'll go to one of my older saves and go grab it. Good thing I rotate save files.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I am really happy, that you enjoyed this game so much :3
    Welcome to the fandom! <3
    after first "clean" run always check walkthrough for stuff you missed.

I missed loads of stuff on ym first OC walkthrough.

btw you got the pre order bonus added to the game?
    http://www.gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/limited_edition_content_for_nwn2
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Don't all the currently available versions include the pre-order stuff?
    not if you got cd's
    I think my GoG version has it since all my characters have the "Blessed of Waukeen" feat.
    there is also "merchants friend" feat which gives access to secret store in the campaign with different stuff.

Still can't figure out which class to take I think I'll do my usual LG Aasimir paladin\NW9 roleplay run with sword and shield.
    /nods. I'm unsure if i have that or not. Haven't checked.

Also, so I recently watched the new Star Wars movie and it mayyyy cause me to finally play Kotor 2. I have the mod that adds missing content installed already which is snazzy. So far I've found Obsidian to do everything Bioware does just better. I've heard that Kotor 2 is more depthy and less action-y than its predecessor but I'm fine with that. :D

I recently (last year) played Kotor 1 on my iPhone as Val'myr (Named Val since Val'myr is a Drow name so I'd have his human name just be Val).

Maybe I can continue Piro's adventures in Kotor 2 but she'd be a human jedi as opposed to gnome bard. It's like how I played NWN1 as Val but NWN2 as Piro. If I do start I'll make another thread so I can post my thoughts and reactions to the game.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited December 2015
    http://neverwintervault.net/project/nwn2/script/merchants-friend-feat-oc

http://neverwintervault.net/project/nwn2/script/motb-pre-order-items

I think it's strange that the GoG release doesn't have them, since they included Mysteries of Westgate.

Here's a way to give the dream weapon a few more weapon choices as well.

http://www.nexusmods.com/neverwinter2/mods/50/?

edited December 2015
    Dream. . . weapon?
    Never heard of it.
    Obviously I missed something.

Edit: Oh, I had to beat that Bard in hells. I just sort of brute forced my way through that and lost all my fake money and so he left >_>.

There's a lot I need to change on my Val'myr run of the game lol.
    edited December 2015
    Hi gents,
    ok I've pondered on fun class for nostalgic run of both OC and MOTB.
    I really like the knightly type good characters so I came by with this build and I'll thank you for pointers and such.

Human: http://nwn2db.com/build/?231777
    Aasimir: http://nwn2db.com/build/?231778