Skip to content

Dings the Cat

Is there any purpose to this cat? Or is he just a fluffy little guy who takes up an inventory spot:

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    He can purr! What else do you need?!

To speak seriously, no, there're no consequences for getting the cat.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited November 2015
    I wish there were some interactions with Minsc in the party. A cat and a miniature giant space hamster in the same party just begs for funny dialogue. (or bloody destruction and mayhem, if the cat gobbles up the poor Boo.) (and no, a chaotic neutral pc's familiar cat does not count as familiar cats are intelligent and will not eat a party member-unless they are really, really, hungry.)
    Tresset
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    I did that stupid cat quest and never got a kitty! Unfair!
    semiticgoddess
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @FrdNwsm only mages get the offer for the cat.
    semiticgoddess
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Tresset said:

@FrdNwsm only mages get the offer for the cat.

And for the avoidance of doubt, that includes part-Mages and also Sorcerers.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    He hunts for presents for you? Too bad a deep fryer is too unwieldy to lug around on dungeon crawls.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    bengoshi said:

He can purr! What else do you need?!

To speak seriously, no, there're no consequences for getting the cat.

I love the way the cat goes for the camera string at the end, exactly what mine would do.
    JuliusBorisov
  • CeraluneCeralune Member Posts: 4
    lunar said:

I wish there were some interactions with Minsc in the party. A cat and a miniature giant space hamster in the same party just begs for funny dialogue. (or bloody destruction and mayhem, if the cat gobbles up the poor Boo.) (and no, a chaotic neutral pc's familiar cat does not count as familiar cats are intelligent and will not eat a party member-unless they are really, really, hungry.)

That would be great c: Or Idk, I was at least hoping for a little kitty that I could let out and have him follow me around like a familiar. I wouldn't even mind the "presents."

It is unfortunate that he does nothing, then. I even tried putting him on the ground to see what would happen, but he just became an item that I could pick up again.