Skip to content

I need your help to break the world

So I just started a new DD, straight ought of candlekeep and rushed to get branwen. Then I thought, " what if I gave charname either firkraag or adalon's stats? Then I continued to wonder if I could use EE keeper to give myself the Dragon specific abilities in the game? I'm no coder so I don't know if this requires massive amount of coding or can simply be done through EE. So I turn to you all for the answer.
lolien

Comments

• brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    You mean to give your character a wing buffet ability and all the spells dragon has? That's interesting.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Attached are a couple of spell files you can give to your character via EEKeeper. They're exactly the same as Wing Buffet and Dragon Fear, but they can be cast as many times a day as you want. Also, if you want all the crazy dragon immunities to various disablers and most missile weapons, you can get them by giving your character the DRAGRING item. Be aware that you'll have to give your character a special immunity to the WINGBUFF spell attached, or else it will affect you as well (dragons' Wing Buffet is non-party friendly, but they have an immunity to the spell).

If you just want to give yourself the normal spells and be only able to cast them a limited number of times per day, you can add the Dragon Fear and Wing Buffet spells, whose file names are SPIN895 and SPIN695. You'll still need an immunity to the Wing Buffet spell, SPIN695.
    GoturalGandaJuliusBorisovlolien
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I've done a few "nontraditional", shall we say, playthroughs like that. Dragon was something I considered, ultimately did it as Demogorgon. A great, light-hearted diversion once in a while, but of course not to be taken seriously in any way.
    lolien
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    edited December 2015
    @brus
    Their stats as well, but I haven't found firkraag's numbers yet. I might just have to look at eekeepet when I get a in.

@semiticgod
    You've literally just become my favorite person on the forums! Now if I wasn't lazy, I'd try my had St some sprite animations for a Dragon charname. I wasn't even taking into account the immunities.thanks sir.

@Lord_Tansheron
    Of course, I'm practically breaking the world here.
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisovlolien
    @DragonKing: If you like, I could tweak the spells a bit, if you don't want to knock the enemies too far away and so forth.
    lolien
    @semiticgod
    That could be a smart move, but you don't need to if ya don't feel like it. Only thing I'm wondering is, are the immunities instantly gained or more gained through level progression.
    @DragonKing: Let me know if there's anything special you need. If you want the immunities to progress with levels, it'd probably be simplest to just add them via the Effects tab in EEKeeper. Otherwise the DRAGRING item would apply them all at once.
    Goturallolien
    @semiticgod
    Looking at the immunities, if the site I've found is right

Firkraag

- Status Immunities -
    Criticals Hits, Charm, Domination, Sleep, Silence, Slow, and all forms of Paralysis/Stun/Knockdown/Knockback. Crucially not immune to Poison, Confusion, Transform, Petrify, and ID.

-Saving Throws-
    P/P/D: 3
    R/S/W: 5
    P/P: 4
    BW: 4
    S: 6

Level progression would probably make it feel less steamroll-y.

But also using @Aquadrizzt mod that edits some of the DD resistences so its probably best not to touch those.
    lunarlolien
    I've got SCS and they're also immune to poison and confusion, plus all instant death effects. Only Feeblemind works, I think.
    lolien
    Add'em if you wish
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

@semiticgod
    Looking at the immunities, if the site I've found is right

Firkraag

- Status Immunities -
    Criticals Hits, Charm, Domination, Sleep, Silence, Slow, and all forms of Paralysis/Stun/Knockdown/Knockback. Crucially not immune to Poison, Confusion, Transform, Petrify, and ID.

-Saving Throws-
    P/P/D: 3
    R/S/W: 5
    P/P: 4
    BW: 4
    S: 6

Level progression would probably make it feel less steamroll-y.

But also using @Aquadrizzt mod that edits some of the DD resistences so its probably best not to touch those.

I don't think firkraag is immune to critical hits, just a couple of months ago I believe I had a warrior critical hit him for the last strike and took him out, although ToB dragons might be immune to critical hits

@sarevok57: They should be immune. Dragons should have an undroppable helmet equipped at all times.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im going to assume the SoA dragons aren't immune to critical hits, I just checked out some screen shots, an I have two different dragons from SoA being critical hitted:

I think this is intention for the SoA dragons since it is more difficult for lower level parties to take out dragons, although im not sure if the ToB dragons are immune or not
    lolien
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Does Wing Buffet and Dragon Fear affect dragons ?
    @brus
    Honestly don't see why Dragon fear would work on another Dragon, wing buffet, maybe, depends on the size :smiley:
    Dragons don't have immunity to the Dragon Fear spell, but they are immune to fear effects in general. All dragons should be immune to wing buffet, both the spell and the effect.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229

I've got SCS and they're also immune to poison and confusion, plus all instant death effects. Only Feeblemind works, I think.

I also have SCS as you know and Dragons aren't immune to poison in my setup, it's even my main strategy to deal with them thanks to Dorn + my Blackguard pelting them with ranged weaponry + Poison Weapon.
    Maybe another mod is doing that?
    edited December 2015
    @semiticgod
    Funny thing happening right now, I can figure out how to put the spells unto EE keeper.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited December 2015
    I'm kind of glad I found this thread.

You see, I made myself my own "dragon" char with the help of DLCTEP a couple months ago. I always kind of wanted to share my experiment but I figured it wasn't anything special. Being an utter noob at modding, I managed to struggle my way into creating an item (using the wolf cloak as a base of course) that would emulate being a "dragon". When used it does a red dragon polymorph, changes thaco/APR/health to ridiculous ammounts and gives a set of dragon claws for a while. You can then proceed to crush everything with little effort. The dragon ring as mentionned in this thread also makes sure you don't get one-shot by a low level mage with all those helplessness spells.

The only issue I ran into was actually getting a dragon animation, since they're not included in BG1EE. I just imported all the .bams from bg2 and it worked like a charm! :smile: I also had to import the claws and a red dragon template aswell. It's better for it to be a "polymorph" than the other way around, since being a dragon full-time is just about impossible to maneuver around with.

I made her a biography and all. Unfortunately overpowering everything got boring way faster than I had hoped.

hmm, the images are kind of small aren't they? ah well. seems fine with open in another tab
    Spjuv3rnGoturallolien
    @SirBatince
    I heard a mention of some files? I'm perfectly fine with playing a broken character. It's a single player game after all, and all im going to do is possible burn down every town.
    lolien
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited December 2015
    It's kind of amateur-ish-ly done so it's probably full of bugs that would make any real modder facepalm his head off, but I'll upload it if you want.

the item name is "xalantha". it's a red cloak and you will have to assign it on the cloak slot through EEkeeper. It's one use per day and when you go back to human form you will keep the OP stats for 8 hours.

It should work in BG2/IWD but I haven't tested it

Just shovel everything into ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\override and let me know if you like it! :)

http://www.sourceop.com/hell-met/dragon.zip

(this domain is private and mine. it is 19MB because of the very many separate animation parts for the bioware dragon graphics)
    lolien
    @SirBatince
    You can always ask @semiticgod to see what he can do with it.
    semiticgoddesslolien
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    I remember doing this years and years ago with BGTeam tools. One of my first modding experiences and the first time I published mods to other people - in this case I "tailor-made" a similar PC for a friend.
    lolien