Skip to content

What are your IRL stats!?

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited December 2012
    @MatthewA I'm interested in those links. :)
  • PoputtPoputt Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2012
    Hmm...
    STR 12 I can bench my own weight, I lug about 40 lbs in my backpack every day.

DEX 8 Never played sports. I'm ok at tossing a hack around but that's about it. Tried juggling, failed.

CON 13 I hardly get sick. No allergies. I still need to work on my mile times though.

INT 17 I scored 2088 on my SAT. I never made it past algebra.

WIS 8 I can't forge lasting relationships, I got Ds and Cs in school, I've had things stolen from me by people I trust.

CHA 12 I'm not ugly and I don't have burgers, but I'm definitely a loner (an introvert is just a pseudo-scientific excuse for being a friendless shut-in) and I tease and push people more than they'd like. I've been deservingly clocked many times.
  • colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    Dexterity 3, Constitution 25 baby!
    edited December 2012
    P.s. the majority of people posting will be 6-10 in everything. 13+ is great, 16+ is herculean, and 18+ is like a space marine. Just sayin' ....

DERP: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overconfidence_effect
  • ObedMarshObedMarsh Member Posts: 32
    Hm not sure, I guess something like:

Str 10
    Dex 15
    con 10
    int 14
    wis 16
    char 12

I'm pretty average height, build and looks. Used to be a pretty good shooter/dribbler back when I played BBall so I guess a higher dexterity is a must, also pretty good at anything ranged (shooting etc.) I'm pretty decent at math and languages/spelling etc. comes completely natural to me. Studying Java programming these days. I'm not thin, but definently not chubby in any way. I gave myself 12 in char cuz I'm not shy and talk openly with other people and there's hardly ever anyone I meet I can't get along with (unless they are complete assholes).
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    Str 11 do 30 push ups daily,
    Dex 13 high school athlete, play 4 instruments, good at sketching, ski and snowboard, no backflips though
    Con 7 occasional smoker/drinker/crappy eater
    Int 13 good at math, excellent at science, know history
    Wis 6 most likely, pretend that it's 18
    Cha 14 regularly make classrooms and co-workers laugh (including boss and professors), attractive, big smile

Probably a bard

P.s. the majority of people posting will be 6-10 in everything. 13+ is great, 16+ is herculean, and 18+ is like a space marine. Just sayin' ....

Pretentious douchebags are annoying, but in the end I'd rather have a surplus of confidence than the other way around.
  • ThomasMinkThomasMink Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2012
    Since a score of 10 is considered 'average', I'll go with:

Str 10
    Dex 8
    Con 12
    Int 13
    Wis 12
    Cha 7 ..just to explain this one. It's not that I'm 'unattractive' or anything of that nature.. it's that I don't have what you'd call a magnetic personality. I hate people. I only grow to 'not mind' people when I'm around them a lot, like co-workers.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    edited December 2012

Jalily said:

Intelligence: 18
    -I could give some reasons, but no one wants to read that crap. All I can say is, "thanks be to God," for this one.

If you're claiming an INT of 18, I definitely want to "read that crap." :) Your other stats are well justified, so I'm more curious than anything.
    I hate to sound like an arrogant prig, so I try to be humble about stuff like this. Since you asked, though: I have so far flown through all my collage classes (lots of high level science, Theology, and Philosophy), and I rank in the 98+ percentile for any standardized tests. Also, I'm the fellow that tutors a good deal of the Physics class, and I'm the sort of person who calculates the mass of the sun given only the average distance from Earth to it. Also, I'm quite talented artistically and (less so) musically. (Also, for reference, I'd probably plot Stephen Hawking and the like at around a 20, given his experience, so it's not as though I'm saying I'm in his league! After all, those sorts of people are the sort that write the Tomes for the rest of us!)
    sarevok57 said:

@masterdesbaxter i would say at the very least you would have 6 charisma, if you have friends with an "s" as in more than one friend, you had to have some sort of ability to gather them up, 4 charisma and you can barely define the idea that you even exist, there is no way to have more than 1 friend with 4 charisma, i wouldnt even be surprised if you had 8 or 9 even, because that 18 intelligence could be a synergy for your charisma, basically with 4 charisma you couldnt lead a thirsty human to water even if you put salt into their food and they had a glass of water beside them, so i say ye be a bit highter :)

In defense of my 4, it takes a fairly low Charisma to claim an 18 intelligence on the internet! :)
    Thank you, though!
    I stopped reading at "collage classes". No 18 int would myspiel such a sympel werd!!!!!

Edit: I just realized collage classes might refer to art classes, my mistake
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    SO MANY INTELLIGEMENT PEOPLS HERE.
  • krikkertkrikkert Member Posts: 26
    This is me:

Str: 12
    Dex: 11
    End: 17
    Int: 15
    Wis: 15
    Cha:10
  • mas0mas0 Member Posts: 7
    Based on the stat tables and a few other comments I read..

Str - 13/14 (Deadlift double bodyweight, but 120lb seems a lot to lug around all day whilst swinging a sword around!)
    Dex - 11/12 (A little higher than average, good at archery/shooting/racquet sports)
    Con - 15 (Can eat ANYTHING and not get sick, no allergies, regularly stay awake >24 hours during study times etc etc)
    Int - 14 (Possibly a byproduct of the long study sessions, but first class honours maths degree must count for something right?)
    Wis - 8 (I learn most lessons the hard way :( )
    Cha - 6 (Its all about.. umm.. the ahh.. confidence?)

Probably wont take me on a playthrough..
  • DeltaslayerDeltaslayer Member Posts: 49
    ObedMarsh said:

Pretentious douchebags are annoying, but in the end I'd rather have a surplus of confidence than the other way around.

Yep, weak/dumb people tend to hate stronger/smater people. But we discover that because everyone is safe to say what they will because they are safe in the internet.
  • pukingdogpukingdog Member Posts: 25
    str 9
    dex 16
    con 16
    int 15
    wis 16
    cha 14
    Nice stats pukingdog, did you get a chance to reroll several times before you were born? xD
  • fpc1fpc1 Member Posts: 21
    edited December 2012
    We have a lot of wizards posting in this topic. The average intelligence of the first 20 users is "just" 14.
    I question the validity of this quiz. I think it should probably drop 2 from everybody's Int/Wisdom scores. My results:

STR:9
    INT:14
    WIS:12
    DEX:9
    CON:14
    CHR:14

I wouldn't have more than 12 int, Wis or Chr. Con is correct though.
  • aerefrygtaerefrygt Member Posts: 16
    str 6 (I was that lame guy who sucked at sports in gym class)
    dex 7 (Another reason why I suck at sports)
    con 9
    int 11
    wis 15 (I think I have sensible views on life but sometimes I have twisted thoughts)
    cha 9 (Man, I barely have any friends, but I can be very sociable and funny to those selected few)

I think I have the most depressing stats (and I always wanted to be a wizard if ever) but I think can be a good Cleric of Tymora maybe. (focusing on buffs/spellcasting only)

Or maybe her blessing of Luck would at least make me hit that bullet from a sling.
  • MatthewAMatthewA Member Posts: 12

Wait, so now the average is below average? I'd be just as skeptical if everyone was posting 6's. Yeah, yeah, Dunning-Kruger blah blah. Knock a point or two off of each stat, and in most cases it is probably closer to accurate. Like fpc1 said, average Int reported seems to be around 14. I do not find it difficult to believe that the actual average Int of people posting to be in the 12-13 range. That is on the upper half of the bell curve, yes, but the sample isn't completely random and I wouldn't expect straight 9's/10's.

50% are on the upper half of the curve--out of a few billion people, that is quite a large number.

• masterdesbaxtermasterdesbaxter Member Posts: 51

I stopped reading at "collage classes". No 18 int would myspiel such a sympel werd!!!!!

Edit: I just realized collage classes might refer to art classes, my mistake

Ha ha, Oops. Stupid typos for the loss. Yes, it was supposed to read "college". Good catch.
  • Rpg_AvatarRpg_Avatar Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2012
    Str: 11 / Use to be higher too sedentary.
    Dex: 5(-4) / reduced due to illness
    Con: 4( -4) / reduced due to illness
    Intel: 15(-3) / reduced due to memory loss and logic damage due to illness
    Wis: 5(-5) / see above.
    Cha: 12(+7 certian days) / My girlfriend says I rolled a natural 12 charisma but can ramp it up to 19 sometimes.

I developed a brain tumor and other serious illnesses about 10 years ago severely decreasing my stats

And my allignment is definately neutral good. It use to be lawful good but I stopped teaching when I got ill.
  • MercuriousMercurious Member Posts: 7
    Depends who's rolling. My Wife, my Daughter, or me.

Wife rolls - STR - 12, DEX - 8, CON - 14, INT - 2, WIS - 4, CHA - 14
    Daughter rolls - STR - 19, DEX - 18, CON - 16, INT - 18, WIS - 17, CHA - 14
    Me - STR - 10, DEX - 10, CON - 12, INT - 14, WIS - 10, CHA - 20 (tomes, dontcha know?) hehe

My wife thinks I am a clumsy bonehead, but she did marry me, after all. I am a hero in the 8 year-old's eyes, and . . . well, I am who I am; pretty average mostly.

Merc.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited December 2012
    @MatthewA, I disagree with your ruminations on intelligence and wisdom. I see a glaring omission in your analysis of either one of them - memory for facts and details.

Consider the chemist who can picture the entire periodic table in his head, and recall any chemical formula on demand. He only needed a couple of hours to first memorize the periodic table, and only two years of study in chemistry to memorize every known chemical formula, and he retains all of that information for his entire life with no further effort. Intelligence or wisdom? I say he's got at least second standard deviation level intelligence.

Consider the historian who can give you every detail about customary dress, manner, and level of technology for every walk of life, from any historical period from 5000 B.C. to the present. He can tell you upon being asked who were the great thinkers alive, what music was being played, what art was hanging on the walls, what wars and battles were being fought, and the political intrigues and relationships of the entire world from every map on the planet. You need only give him any year in history at random, and he can answer any question about it, with 100 percent accuracy, off the top of his head. Intelligence or wisdom? I say this historian has at least third standard deviation intelligence. Drawing broad conclusions is stongly discouraged in his field of history. That is for the philosophers.

What you describe as intelligence, I would classify as wisdom. Wisdom, besides encompassing life experience and common sense, also includes, according to my theory of it, the ability to think wholistically, draw broad conclusions and connections, and to analyse and sort. Wisdom is inductive and intuitive, where intelligence is deductive and detailed. The classical example of the "absent-minded professor", who dominates the field of physics with his brilliant mathematical theories, but who can't match his socks or tie his shoes in the morning without help, and will distractedly walk in front of cars and step off of cliffs without a personal assistant, probably has an intelligence of 18 and a wisdom of 3.

I can anticipate some counterarguments based on more qualities of both intelligence and wisdom. What we really need is a breakdown of both qualities into several sub-qualities. The GRE uses categories of "quantitative", "analytical", and "verbal".

We could divide intelligence into all three of these, and then leave our wisdom for pure intuition, creativity, and practical knowledge of life. The trouble is that one can be very high-testing on one aspect of the GRE, and not so high-testing on others. My own GRE scores were percentiles 50 on quantitative, 98 on analytical, and 86 on verbal. To me, that says that I am of average graduate level intelligence, (which makes me above average compared to a non-graduate), and superlative graduate level wisdom.

This whole problem just goes to demonstrate why the D&D system of analysis of personal attributes just simply doesn't work if taken seriously. There are multiple kinds of physical strength, multiple kinds of physical endurance, multiple forms of dexterity (eye-hand coordination, dodging, typing, manipulation of small objects, playing a musical instrument), multiple intelligences, multiple wisdoms, and multiple means of influencing the reactions of other people (good looks, diplomatic skill, knowing what to say and when.)

The D&D system of both personal attributes and ethics is a method of typecasting fictional characters, and nothing more. I find it fun to take the tests, and to try to typecast myself for the D&D world, but it's only a game. Serious self-analysis requires the tools of psychology and philosophy, as studied at the university, not a set of rules for a role-playing game.

I had great fun writing this ridiculous essay. LOL. I just love the sound of my own thoughts.

• MatthewAMatthewA Member Posts: 12
    I can't get behind that definition of intelligence. It is a common one, but the flaw with it is pure memorization doesn't imply understanding. When applied, it doesn't hold up. Who would you consider more intelligent, the chess player who has memorized every opening line of Queen's Gambit, or the chess player who can see patterns and opportunities several moves ahead in middle game? Or a very common example I experience recently: A first-grader is memorizing multiplication. Currently on 6's, she can tell you that 6X8=48, but ask her what 8X6 is, and she may not be able to answer. That is pure memorization, nothing else.

The very basis of that definition implies mastery of knowledge already known, yet all the people we deem "gifted" we do so because they have developed new theories, new ways of thinking about old subjects, pioneers in the realm of thought, not because they can rattle off multiple established facts.

Not that memorization doesn't have its place; I just can't stop at intelligence being a mental Wikipedia and nothing more. At the very least, I think we can agree that "Intelligence" and "Wisdom" alone are not enough to fully encompass one's personality.
  • PoputtPoputt Member Posts: 30
    @MatthewA So you're basically saying Rain Man isn't smart?

In all seriousness, we're wasting are time trying to define "intelligence" as a single concept, same goes for love. "Are you capable of love?" Who's going to respond, "Naw?" (hint: half the people who just read that) We're all intelligent because we're humans, and anyone who claims to be low on a scale of intelligence is modest, not dumb. I always punish players in my games for dump-stating Int. What the hell are you doing? You're playing a game that requires you to think about and analyze situations, even if your title is "club man," so do you not want to be involved with the intelligent plans of the people sitting around you? I think most people do in reality, which is why people subscribe to conspiracy theories, or follow those stupid "science meme" groups on facebook. Because even "dumb" people understand that intelligence is what makes the human race powerful. And I think that is enough to warrant a high Intelligence stat.
    /retardedliberalartsmajor
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    The test says:

Strength- 8
    Dexterity- 11
    Constitution- 10
    Intelligence- 14
    Wisdom- 9
    Charisma- 13

Neutral Good Bard

Cool! But since I can not be a bard with those stats (req 12 DEX and 15 CHA) I will play myself as a neutral good wild mage. (cos they are fun!) Will just increase INT to 16 for ease of use and to show beneficial effects of Candlekeep upbringing and all. Gonna be fun!
  • kmfdmkmfdm Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2012
    Strength -- 5 (very weak, I can't pick up heavy items, I've got no muscles on my arms basically)
    Dexterity - 13 (fairly dexterous)
    Constituion - 17 (I'm never ill, I never even cough, I can eat anything, without being sick)
    Intelligence - 18+ (Scored over 160 IQ on official Mensa test, falling into the genius category)
    Wisdom - 8 (I have a poor intuition, I'm usually not well aware of my surrounding, my perception is fairly low)
    Charisma - 11 (I am often able to influence others if I have the opportunity to talk to them face to face, however otherwise I'm quite lost in larger social events and I'm extremely anxious when I have to give speeches in front of a larger crowd)
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    STR: 12
    DEX: 14
    CON: 5
    INT: 14
    WIS: 3
    CHA: 16

Something like that
  • DarkovanDarkovan Member Posts: 90
    edited December 2012
    10 is average ya?

Strength - 8
    Dexterity - 12
    Constitution - 6
    Intelligence - 11
    Wisdom - 12
    Charisma - 12

average is average for a reason, think on it.

that web page check thing said this stuff:

http://www.kevinhaw.com/add_quiz.php

STR:12
    INT:13
    WIS:12
    DEX:12
    CON:8
    CHR:16

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b
    Lawful Good
    My opinion: Pretty accurate that^

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/class/index.asp
    Rogue
    My Opinion: Paladin/Rogue multi.
    Post edited by Darkovan on
  • ThorssonThorsson Member Posts: 190
    Str 8
    Dex 12
    Con 10
    Int 18
    Wis 16
    Cha 12

I'm a genius who's lost Str/Dex/Con but gained a lot of Wisdom.