Skip to content

Easter Eggs In Baldurs Gate ** Spoiler**

Comments

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    If you kill or even attack Aran in BG2 after siding with the shadow thieves, a thief named Arkanis Gath shows up and kills you. He does vorpal hits each time and is wearing Imoen's Belt (meaning he can't be killed). This is the game's way of telling you not to attack story-critical NPCs. ;-)

This thread: http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/threads/need-help-killing-arkanis-gath.53030/ claims you can shapechange into a mind flayer and INT-drain Arkanis to oblivion but I haven't tried it myself.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    @SpaceInvader did the bear randomly say that or were you right-clicking him? And that'd be even more hilarious if they had Boo squeak after the bear said that (if Minsc was around).
  • MilesBeyondMilesBeyond Member Posts: 324

If you kill or even attack Aran in BG2 after siding with the shadow thieves, a thief named Arkanis Gath shows up and kills you. He does vorpal hits each time and is wearing Imoen's Belt (meaning he can't be killed). This is the game's way of telling you not to attack story-critical NPCs. ;-)

This thread: http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/threads/need-help-killing-arkanis-gath.53030/ claims you can shapechange into a mind flayer and INT-drain Arkanis to oblivion but I haven't tried it myself.

Yep. I've ended Arkanis a couple times myself. Time Stop + Shapechange = Dead Arkanis. It also equals dead anything else. It was the ultimate cheese tactic in SoA... Until ToB.

As for Gorion and Tethoril, I've killed them a couple times myself. I believe you have to Ctrl-Q them first. I've never tried CLUAing to another area afterwards, though - it'd be interesting to see if the game still functions or not! I'm assuming that the big question would be whether Chapter One triggers.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    In some city maps you can hear in the background: "Wahlberg! Mark Wahlberg"

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited May 2013
    [SPOILER]I've heard about "hidden" NPCs in BG:EE, but never trusted that, but today I've found Baeloth![/SPOILER]

Post edited by Aedan on
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    edited May 2013
    [SPOILER]No offence, but Baeloth's been in the game for about two months already.[/SPOILER]
    Post edited by Aedan on
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    I may be wrong, but I think if Imoen get's petrified in Bg2 and you turn her back to flesh and ask for her to get back in the party she says something like "Did you miss your older sister that much? I'm just joking."
    I think you can reply with a positive remark or a negative remark
    But the point is in Bg1 Imoen says she younger than you why does she say your older now? Can anyone look or try this? It's been almost a year since it happen and I'm really not sure.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Something I totally missed so far: The Beholder in Black Pits says "Winter is coming". If only there was a way to take his head off...
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm, I just finished the Black Pits and did not see any Beholder......?

Could I somehow made Baeloth attack me earlier than "normal"?

EDIT:

[SPOILER]No offence, but Baeloth's been in the game for about two months already.[/SPOILER]

Oh how I loved the days before I started visiting forums and faq's. When you actually discovered something instead of reading about it and then go and collect it.
    Post edited by Aedan on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited May 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by Aedan on
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Samus said:

Lindeblom said:

Hmmm, I just finished the Black Pits and did not see any Beholder......?

Could I somehow made Baeloth attack me earlier than "normal"?

I think when fighting Baeloth you need to kill his other minions first or something along those lines then he summons the Beholder? I have not tried it myself though.
    Yes. And if then kill the beholder he summons two flesh golems, I believe (watched it on Youtube).
    You need to go through the door on the opposite side of the room (across from Baeloth). There's a hallway and you can find the final tier opponents (other adventuring groups - the one with the flind, the Thayans, and the fire giant) in the first cell. You can talk to them once, though I don't know if the dialogue changes anything. After that, you'll hear them talk every time you walk by. Next to that is an empty cell (probably your group's) and in the end, there's an unlocked room with a Beholder. You can ask him for hints for the next battle, i.e. he'll tell you "Winter is coming" before you fight ice elementals, or something about "divide and conquer" (the Thayan group is argueing). He won't agree to help fight Baeloth though, but he does not always appear in the battle.
    OK, I was in a groove and killed everything that moved and then left the pits.....guess reload is in order.

Maybe I killed Baeloth a little to fast =).
    I just finished my BP game. If you kill both minions before Baeloth, he'll call the Beholder. After you kill the Beholder, Baeloth reappears and summons the golems. Not sure how often; he died after he summoned the second pair. I wanted to try out how many times he'd do that, but yeah, poison weapon was a bit too effective in this case.
    edited April 2013
    I think the problem was that I didn't even visit the beholder before the final battle. Just about to do the battle now, maybe I will see the beholder =)

Hmm, no luck.....I asked the beholder to turn on baeloth in the arena (when I met him in his cell) but he never showed up....neither did any golems =/.
    Post edited by Aedan on
    You probably killed Baeloth while one of the others was still alive. In that case, no Beholder, no golems.
    edited April 2013
    I did, guess reload is in order!!!

EDIT: Nope, saved baleoth to last, still no Beholder =(.
    Post edited by Aedan on
    No, i just learned about him after my final fight. I reloaded just before the final fight and went to see him, but I guess that was not enough. See if I can find an earlier save.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Samus said:

I saw some similarities in the situation involving Jasper Banff and Bassane and a scene in the 1986 movie Labyrinth where Sarah has a choice between two talking doors...

err when does this happen because the name Jasper Banff is probably an easter egg on its own. They are two towns in Alberta in the Rocky Mountains.

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    From @Metalloman:

Guys, stay on topic, please.
    I tried to pickpocket Bodhi in BG2 and it failed and she said something like you dare attack me!!@? then we all died. The end.

I reloaded then tried chugging master thievery and same deal. Figured it wasn't worth it at that point.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Oh on another subject of Imoen. In Bg1 in candlekeep she says she isn't much younger than the charaname. But when your romancing Vicky you tell her you're the same age as Imoen.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    deltago said:

Samus said:

I saw some similarities in the situation involving Jasper Banff and Bassane and a scene in the 1986 movie Labyrinth where Sarah has a choice between two talking doors...

err when does this happen because the name Jasper Banff is probably an easter egg on its own. They are two towns in Alberta in the Rocky Mountains.

Rasaad's new area.

If it's a coincidence, I'd eat my hat. Although it's good they didn't name an NPC after Edmonton, because I'd have to kill it on principle...

Oh on another subject of Imoen. In Bg1 in candlekeep she says she isn't much younger than the charaname. But when your romancing Vicky you tell her you're the same age as Imoen.

Imoens Age = Charnames Age +/- 15 years
    or more likely
    Imoens Age = whatever the plot requires