Skip to content

Party Dialog

Hi all,

I had a quick newbie question.. which I can not seem to find an easy answer for on the search.

Throughout the game, are there supposed to be party dialog sequences? I am playing BGEE on the iPad and have just gotten to a certain large population centre; however, I have not once had actual dialog discussion/choices for the party members since recruiting them. They occasionally say things during walking around but this is not dialog (as an aside, I can only see the text that they say, since my sound doesn't work on the iPad since the newest patch!).

Is this the way the game is supposed to work? If so, it seems like I might as well just create my own party. If not, then maybe this is a bug?

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    Yeah. In BG1:EE there is hardly any party dialog at all. In BG2:EE there is tons of party dialog. You will just have to wait for BG2:EE for the party to start talking.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    If you want to have some in-party dialogue, there is an incredibly well written mod out there for it. I consider it essential for my BG playthroughs. It's called the BG1 NPC Project.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg1npc/

Check out this thread for instruction on how to mod BGEE before you install it though.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/6950/player-how-to-getting-mods-to-work-on-bgee/p1

It's pretty easy to install mods on the game (PC) once you know what you're doing, though the first time can be a little daunting. There is tons of info out there about how to do it, but if you follow Camdawg's instructions, you won't have any problems.

This mod is one of the crowning jewels of the Baldur's Gate writing community. I love it. I usually recommend that people play the game through vanilla for their first playthrough, but in this case I don't. This mod breathes the same life into the game that is present in BG2, and it does it wonderfully.

As far as modding the game on IPad, I do not know if you can do that. I play BG on PC exclusively. As far as I know, iOS does not allow users to access/modify the dlg.tlk file, which is essential for any NPC mods. Why I don't own BG on my iphone, is actually because I don't know if its possible to install this mod on it.

Maybe someone out there has more info on this for IPad?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Modding on Ipad is very easy if your ios version is not the newest and is compatible with the pc program ifunbox. Check the threads on modding for how so. I have quest mods, scs, item randomiser, ascension, some tactics, atweaks, and a lot more tweaks installed on my Ipad.

Ee npcs Dorn, Neera, and Rasaad have banters and romances with pc in bg1. Other npcs have talks between them, real dialogue, but those are very very rare. I only saw Jaheira and Khalid having a proper dialogue.

Get bg2:ee every npc is very talkative. It is the better game imho, too!