Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Transferring game from PC to iPad Not Working

grahamersgrahamers Member Posts: 29
edited January 2016 in Troubleshooting
I am following the steps for this feature from the FAQ at:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/460954#Comment_460954

I am doing the following:

1) On my Windows 10 PC with the latest updates, in the "C:\Users\Graham\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\save" directory, I have a folder called "000000031-test" in which I have saved a copy of a game I want to transfer to my iPad.

2) In that folder are the following files:
i) BALDUR.bmp
ii) BALDUR.gam
III) BALDUR.SAV
iv) PORTRT0.bmp
v) PORTRT1.bmp
vi) PORTRT2.bmp
vii) PORTRT3.bmp
viii) PORTRT4.bmp
ix) PORTRT5.bmp

3) Using 7-zip, I zip up the "000000031-test" folder into a zip file called ExportSave.zip. Note: When I open that zip file, I see the "000000031-test" folder inside the zip file and I can see that the "000000031-test" folder contains the files listed above.

4) I rename ExportSave.zip to ExportSave.bg1save

5) I email that file to myself.

6) On my iPad, running iOS 9.2, I double-tap the home button to examine running aps. Baldurs Gate is not listed, which means it is not running.

7) On my iPad, I view my mail with the attached ExportSave.bg1save file. I tap on the file to download it to the iPad. The attachment is now represented by a BG icon.

8) I tap on the icon for the attachment, and iOS presents me with a set of coices, including "Copy to Baldur's Gate," which I choose.

9) BG opens with a black screen for about 1 second and then closes right away.

10) When I check for running apps, BG is not displayed.

11) I run BG and navigate to the Load Saved Games screen, my saved game is not listed.

I have tried this with zero other saved games saved on my iPad and with 1-2 games already saved on my iPad, it does not work, either way. I have tried it with BG running when I open the email attachment and get the same results.

I am thinking step 9, above, is the issue. BG slides open with a black screen and then closes right away. Should it stay open? What can I check? I tried attaching my saved game to this thread, but the web page says that such attachments are not allowed.

Please help!

Post edited by grahamers on

Comments