Skip to content

Where's a good place to grind?

I'm pretty much done with the game, but I plan on exporting my character into BGIIEE. I'd like to do so with 161,000 XP.

Where's a good place to get more XP?

Comments

• HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Ankhegs in the map north of the Friendly Arm should sort you out.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Do they respawn?

TY!
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    Your best bet is to go down into the Ankheg tunnels. Rest, kill, repeat will net you thousands of XP in no time down there.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited January 2016
    Here are some good places to rest in order to be woken up by high xp enemies:

Siren area (sirens wake you up; 2000 xp each)
    Flesh Golem Cave (flesh golems wake you up; 2000 xp each)
    Wyvern Cave (wyverns wake you up; 1400 xp each)
    Cave underneath Candlekeep (phase spiders wake you up; 1400 xp each)
    Wolfwere section of the Werewolf Island (multiple wolfweres wake you up; 1400 xp each)
    Durlag's Tower 2nd basement floor (greater dopplegangers wake you up; 4000 xp each)

You can also earn a large amount of extra experience in the chessboard in Durlag's Tower by luring out the pawns one by one and letting them reach your side. Each one will turn into a queen, and each queen can be killed for 5000 experience.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    @OlvynChuru In the EE, when you rest in the Flesh Golem Cave, you can be awakened by carrion crawlers, not golems (420 XP).
  • FandraxxFandraxx Member Posts: 193
    Dread Wolves spawn during resting in the Bassillus area. They give 650 experience each and 2-3 of them usually spawn at each encounter.
  • JeymzJeymz Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2016
    @Klorox you can do Black pits to save time and trouble
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    sirens probably have the highest XP / lowest danger ratio. They're bugged and show up as neutral (blue circle) when you get disturbed by one.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I personally prefer the wolfweres. The spawn in groups and you can take out several in a row without needing sleep with a few simple spells, like slow and hold monster. Though if you're done with that area already, then I guess ankhegs or sirens are a good bet.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Jeymz said:

@Klorox you can do Black pits to save time and trouble

How do you do that?