Skip to content

What race is he?

2»

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I agree with what other have said, that I think some pics are made deliberately vague in order to fit more charnames. I really don't know for sure what differs halflings from gnomes, but I'd say this reminds me more of a human or halfling than a gnome, if I had to choose.

This is one of the ugliest pics I've ever seen for a RPG, hehe.. It's an elf though.

This guy is human for sure, maybe half-elf. I would not use this for a dwarf at all. His face is too "skinny" to be a dwarf IMHO. Maybe half-orc as well though, since I dislike the change from old-school halforc (more human-like) to the classical, modern stereotype of greenskinned brutes with tusks.

And regarding just that, I dislike this pic for halforc since it looks more like ninetynine-of-a-hundred-orc, rather than half orc, half human.

This pic posted by Grum is much more like the way I depict halforcs.

Great idea for a thread!
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Grum said:
    It's like the Arnold Schwarzenegger of elves. Or dwarf who wants to be an elf. Or a gnome Mr Universe.

Definitely looks like my version of a half-orc, too.

I also like this picture for a half-orc, even though he does have green skin. The whole picture is green, so it's more abstract and I like that. I use it for my half-orc playthroughs.

http://aditya777.deviantart.com/art/Artemis-Entreri-144077054

I think he is supposed to be Artemis Entreri, but it doesn't look at all how I envisioned the evil assassin myself.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Its a dark sun dwarf. That setting has them pointed eared and beardless!
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Grum said:

WUT!? :open_mouth:
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Skatan said:

Grum said:

WUT!? :open_mouth:
    http://darksun.wikia.com/wiki/Dwarf

Physical attributes

Dwarves are shorter than most humans, standing around only 4 feet high. They are almost always well muscled, stocky and always have a complete lack of hair.

Environment

Dwarves are equally at home above and below ground. Thanks to their extraordinary toughness and their psychological focus, they can withstand punishing work conditions.

Dwarves have no homeland of their own. The towns of North and South Ledopolus are primarily dwarven, and dwarves mingle among the humans of Tyr.

Society

Dwarves are commonly used as slave labor. And in extreme cases as breeders for Mul slaves.

Many congregate into tribes outside of civilization. Unlike other nomadic races, dwarves are content with staying put as much as possible. They have even been known to live above old ruins that they once called home in ancient times.

When a Dwarf makes something their focus, they will not rest until it is completed. Focuses are goals which they give themselves. A dwarf who dies with an unfinished focus is doomed to walk Athas as an undead creature for penance for not being strong enough to complete it."

• WinterisleWinterisle Member Posts: 111
    So I'm looking at one of the new portraits of SoD.

Does half-orc-gnome sound right?

I really don't know what this is :#
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028

I see tusks, green-tinged skin, ugly, scrunched up face and pointed ears. That looks like a half-orc to me.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388

I see tusks, green-tinged skin, ugly, scrunched up face and pointed ears. That looks like a half-orc to me.
    Looks like half Orc half Gnome lol.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    Gnome Lich?
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Pteran said:

Looks like half Orc half Gnome lol.

Gods, I really would hate to see how THAT one came about.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I think it's a goblin.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

I suppose it has to be a halfling, but that little beard sometimes makes me doubt. I keep reading that halflings can't grow beards.

If it means anything, the in-game name for the portrait is "Genmhlf," meaning "General Male Halfling."
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Skatan said:

This is one of the ugliest pics I've ever seen for a RPG, hehe.. It's an elf though.

Funny enough, I actually use that portrait for Khalid, and leave a version of Khalid's portrait for Deder.