Skip to content

The X-Files

13»

Comments

• jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850

I read an article early on where they said specifically that the 'Conspiracy' components would be in the first episode and the last and that everything in between would be basically 'One off' episodes.

While it would have been really nice to see a full on 'Children of Earth' type story, they just weren't planning on that type of thing (more is the shame in my subjective view). While I get that there were fans of both styles of episodes, I would have thought that a tight coherent story of some sort would have served better than what we got.

Still enjoying it though.

Agreed....it's going to make the core story in the first/last episodes seem obscenely rushed. You can't tell a story that consequential to the mythology of the series in 75 minutes, sandwiched between one episode that didn't know if it was connected to the conspiracy story or not (Episode 2) and what have been two really goofy follow-up episodes. Oh well, how about that Walking Dead episode last night though....holy hell was that something else.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I think that they are trying to sell Fox the idea that the X Files still has a public. Maybe we will get to see a full season next year...
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    edited February 2016

Oh well, how about that Walking Dead episode last night though....holy hell was that something else.

Yeah, I don't think it would be fair to discuss quite yet. To fresh in my mind. And The Walking Dead is one of those cases where spoilers are (in my personal and highly subjective view) fairly unforgivable. Best to let it lay for a few days so that everyone can catch up and know what we are talking about, and have had the ability to process it.

But yeah, it reminded me why I love the show so much.

Post edited by the_spyder on
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    This episode sucked completely in my opinion. The new fake duo were okay, but a really boring episode all around. I have lost hope for the actual conspiracy storyline to get any meaningful conclusion this year. This will be like LOST: a Ponzi scheme were they give us mysteries, but instead of providing entertaining answers they just give you more mysteries to make you stay on for a little longer... only to leave you hanging at the end.
    @booinyoureyes - they did say at the beginning that the conspiracy elements were going to be in the first episode and the last and nowhere else. And if you saw the previews, the next episode looks to be VERY conspiracy heavy.

As for "Resolution", since when has The X-Files ever given us anything like a conclusive answer to anything? Never as far as I know. They hint at things and then move on, never quite answering the big questions.

For me, I was thrilled to see The lone gunmen again. The rest of the episode was rather mediocre, I'll admit but I do wonder if they aren't setting things up as a potential stop gap in case they want to continue and don't want to negotiate with Duchovney and Anderson. They have a second string all lined up.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I actually kind of enjoyed last nights episode, its was different and interesting in my opinion ( coming from the fact that I have only ever watched 4 episodes of the entire series, so there is plenty of room for me to have a good time watching the show)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164

As for "Resolution", since when has The X-Files ever given us anything like a conclusive answer to anything? Never as far as I know. They hint at things and then move on, never quite answering the big questions.

I know they haven't... yet. Doesn't mean I shouldn't expect some eventually. I was most excited about finally getting resolution with the new mini. I was probably getting my hopes up for nothing.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Now I have no doubts they are planning one more season...
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    mlnevese said:

Now I have no doubts they are planning one more season...

ah cliff hangers, good times

edited February 2016
    I bet it is a hope more than a plan.

Mind you, I hope they have more seasons as well. But I don't know if any money has changed hands yet on the deal.

Plus, if there weren't, that would be one heck of a way to end things.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Yeah, now we wait. It was a fun ride so far.