Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Would you be interested in another expansion to Baldur's Gate 2 EE?

1235»

Comments

• Oswald81Oswald81 Member Posts: 52
    Yes
    ThacoBell said:

Oswald81 said:

Yes, TOB was very anticlimatic. I expected it to be awesome, instead it was lame.

Anticlimactic!? You kill a god!
    Nah, Amellysan was not a god. And I expected more. I'm not alone in considering this expansion half-baked. Just read the average review about the expansion. It would read SoA is a top game for the western RPG, TOB grows stale after a few levels at 3 million or more xp.

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 403
    edited January 27
    ToB was way too linear and the battle with Melissan was terminally dull, another example of a dev thinking "let's add hit points to the enemy" somehow makes things more interesting. ToB does have its role-playing moments, though (like the conversation with Cyric) and the post-Melissan material certainly provides a memorable conclusion to the BG saga.

Post edited by jsaving on
    Oswald81
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 8,028
    No
    Oswald81 said:

ThacoBell said:

Oswald81 said:

Yes, TOB was very anticlimatic. I expected it to be awesome, instead it was lame.

Nah, Amellysan was not a god. And I expected more. I'm not alone in considering this expansion half-baked. Just read the average review about the expansion. It would read SoA is a top game for the western RPG, TOB grows stale after a few levels at 3 million or more xp.
    Oh yeah, she only had mountains of divine essence and god-power. Pfff totally mortal and normal.

As for reviews, I don't care for them. I had a lot a of fun with ToB and that's all that matters with a game.

StummvonBordwehrGirewan
  • Oswald81Oswald81 Member Posts: 52
    Yes
    ThacoBell said:

Oswald81 said:

ThacoBell said:

Oswald81 said:

Oh yeah, she only had mountains of divine essence and god-power. Pfff totally mortal and normal.

As for reviews, I don't care for them. I had a lot a of fun with ToB and that's all that matters with a game.
    I have had a good enough time, but I expected more that I got. Weak 4/10. Watcher's Keep drags it up to acceptable.

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 856
    Yes
    It's pretty evident the devs had no time to make the Throne of Bhaal they really envisioned due to how quickly you have to release an expansion before players are done with the base game and switch to something else. It doesn't help that the hard drives weren't as beefy as they are now and for many people installing a new game meant uninstalling the old ones.

Anyways to answer the actual question I'd be perfectly happy with an expansion, as long as it's not related to the main story. A side adventure like Tales of the Sword Coast would be right up my alley. Fortunately we already have mods to do that, like Back to Brynnlaw, The Sellswords or @LavaDelVortel Colours of Infinity series of mods (love your work) but an official one wouldn't hurt at all.

Oswald81
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 8,028
    No
    The thing is, there is already SO MUCH content in BG2 that outleveling everything the game can throw at you is incredibly easy. New quests and whatnot would just end up wrecking the already battered level curve. Any new content should focus on fixing plot holes *cough*soultaker*cough* or giving us new ways to play, like new npcs and classes.

Torgrimmer
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 304
    ThacoBell said:

The thing is, there is already SO MUCH content in BG2 that outleveling everything the game can throw at you is incredibly easy. New quests and whatnot would just end up wrecking the already battered level curve. Any new content should focus on fixing plot holes *cough*soultaker*cough* or giving us new ways to play, like new npcs and classes.

Agree i think the only thing that could be added to BG:EE2 at this point is "soultaker" and what their doing already with the portrait and voice pack DLC to BG:EE2 and maybe some strongholds and classes but that is all.

ThacoBell
  • masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 36
    Yes
    Yes, but not to the end.  As others have said- something that fleshes out TOB would be lovely.  I know that Beamdog can't really alter the original characters, but I would love to see more development for some of them as well- much more interested in a substantial dialogue pack than in a portrait and voice pack.

• ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 62
    edited January 29
    Yes
    I would most like the SOD NPCs to be brought into BG2 and would pay for this. Appreciate this is very unlikely though.

ThacoBell
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 713
    No
    I don't think it would fit in the game. With ToB there is already severe loot inflation and there is no level range left to cover.

• masteralephmasteraleph Member Posts: 36
    Yes
    Ammar said:
    I don't think it would fit in the game. With ToB there is already severe loot inflation and there is no level range left to cover.
    Depends on the number of characters you have.  I've never gotten a 6 member party to the TOB level cap (or, I'm pretty sure, over 7 million).

• keturiduketuridu Member Posts: 2
    Yes
    Yes. Agree with any conditions. Any kind of mod, new game or additions. I play Baldur series for ~18 years. Enjoyed SoD, would enjoy any other implementations.

AedanKurona
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 280
    Yes
    Hell yea. I loved SoA

Oswald81StummvonBordwehrThacoBell
  • SteveRogers41SteveRogers41 Member Posts: 27
    Yes
    Most definitely. I enjoyed Siege of Dragonspear so much that I want a similar treatment for BG2, even if all it can add is new characters and quests, since there's not much room for more story. Would love for them to bring back the voice actors for some of my favorite characters like Haer'Dalis, Anomen, and Cernd. This would also be the perfect way for us to get more Caelar Argent, and possibly some closure with Corwin and the other SOD NPCs. I wouldn't hesitate to drop money for BG2 DLC. 

1235»