Skip to content

The Hobbit

14567810»

Comments

• AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    edited July 2014
    Im really looking forward to this! :D I seem to be among the few who actually loved the first Hobbit movies. I suspect what sort of expectations you had might be the issue here?
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    Something that's a movie instead of an action video game, personally.
  • FleshIsADesignFlawFleshIsADesignFlaw Member Posts: 39
    The Tauriel Legolas show was grating. Both characters should have been very minor with hardly any screen time...
    Even though the sets and the music are absolutely incredible, the films, especially the second one, lost some of the magic of the book in a way that the LOTR films didn't. Still like them, though.
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680

The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies PART 1 of 5!

"Smaug has spent the last two episodes powering up his MegaBreath Fire attack. Is this the end for our heroes, or can Bard finally get his BlackDeath Super Arrow ready? Find out in the next exciting episode of Dragonball : Hobbit!"

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Hey even Godzilla needed almost the entire movie to power up his breath weapon! :)
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511

The Tauriel Legolas show was grating.

It was, but the Tauriel Kilimance was even worse.

Tauriel: Hello, you're tall for a dwarf.
    Kili: This stone carved pendant is just a stone carved pendant.
    Tauriel: Wow! Suddenly I love you and want to give up everything for you!
    "Smaug has spent the last two episodes powering up his MegaBreath Fire attack. Is this the end for our heroes, or can Bard finally get his BlackDeath Super Arrow ready? Find out in the next exciting episode of Dragonball : Hobbit!"
    :D Speaking of which, when did Bard the Bowman become Bard the Siege Engineer? Also, if 14 dwarves can outsmart a dragon that easily, I don't think Laketown has anything to worry about.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
    Official Main Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVAgTiBrrDA

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Ugh.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Unleash the war bats! Trailer looks awesome, can't wait! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Tbh, the two movies so far aren't bad, but they totally could have been better.

I have no real qualms with the first movie, but the second one. My main qualm with the second one is Tauriel. I mean, I like that she's good in a fight and all, but that whole morgul poison sub-plot just makes me very angry. A reason for that is, they never explain how Tauriel, Captain of Thranduil's guard, is an expert healer.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Weee, this will be great! :D
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Holy shit that was awful.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    I absolutely loved the Five Armies- and I am really fussy about my movies. Sure there were s few duff moments, but they were far outnumbered by the great ones. Throughout much of the actual battle tongues were firmly in cheek, which matched the tone and language of the actual book. There was also a good balance of comedy, tension and tragedy in the other scenes. I understand why they included so much from the Appendices, and added new characters - the Hobbit was after all a very bare bones story written for children.
    To let you know I am not just a Tolkien geek, other movies I have really loved range from Shakespeare (Much Ado About Nothing, and Coriolinus) to sci-fi (2001, Blade Runner) to just plain weird but wonderful (Brazil)