Skip to content

Bug or intended: Obe's illusions can kill me

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I'm willing to bet money that that's a bug. Have you considered reporting it?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    The only reason I can think of for why this would happen is for Legacy of Bhaal mode, and even then I am not sure. I will look into it.
    @Shandyr I am actually unable to reproduce this bug after a very brief test. could you be more specific as to the circumstances (which illusionary creatures did this, difficulty settings, etc.)?
    Shandyr said:

please watch this video:
    http://webm.host/35a83/vid.webm

It won't play for me for some reason... Am I doing something wrong?
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Tresset said:

Shandyr said:

please watch this video:
    http://webm.host/35a83/vid.webm

It won't play for me for some reason... Am I doing something wrong?
    They play fine here in Firefox 45.
    edited March 2016
    I use chrome, which should work apparently... but it doesn't. I had to download the video and VLC media player in order to watch the video.

In any case, could you use ctrl-M on those gibberlings? A lot of info should pop up, but I am most curious about "CRE resref" and the equipped weapon. It should be "igibber" for the CRE resref and "gibberil" for the weapon.
    Shandyr said:

Only Mordaine and my main character can be hurt.

Ok, yeah... I got it now. For some reason it appears that everything is now getting 4 bonus damage for attacking characters with a ranged weapon equipped in melee... That sounds like a bug, but I can't be sure. @Dee?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    When you're unarmed or wielding a ranged weapon in melee, you take a -4 penalty to AC and enemies get +4 damage against you.

But they probably shouldn't get that damage if you're otherwise immune to their damage. I'd count that as a bug.
    The illusions don't do bonus damage against unarmed opponents, only ranged opponents. I would say that puts this solidly in the bug area. Would you like to report it Shandyr?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Tresset said:

Shandyr said:

Only Mordaine and my main character can be hurt.

Ok, yeah... I got it now. For some reason it appears that everything is now getting 4 bonus damage for attacking characters with a ranged weapon equipped in melee... That sounds like a bug, but I can't be sure. @Dee?
    BTW, I read on this forum that a tutor in Candlekeep now mentions a 4 bonus to damage besides a bonus to THAC0 if attacking characters with a ranged weapon equipped in melee.
    The tutors in Candlekeep have a wealth of new information that players will be interested in, if they take the time to speak to them. Whoever wrote that dialogue is probably really good-looking and smart.
    edited March 2016
    Dee said:

Whoever wrote that dialogue is probably really good-looking and smart.

Uh huh... they also put a bunch of odd characters in the text of the dialog.
  • BazzaBazza Member Posts: 57
    I don't know if related to the +4 damage when wielding a ranged weapon but you also get the +4 damage when attacking someone who has no weapons equipped. Noticed this when murdering Marl (*evil laugh*), is this intended as well @Dee
    Tresset said:

Dee said:

Whoever wrote that dialogue is probably really good-looking and smart.

Uh huh... they also put a bunch of odd characters in the text of the dialog.
    People are always asking for more non-player characters. Isn't that what you meant?
    @Bazza
    Dee said:

When you're unarmed or wielding a ranged weapon in melee, you take a -4 penalty to AC and enemies get +4 damage against you.

• BazzaBazza Member Posts: 57
    @Tresset doh !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yeah, it's still definitely a bug. There may be some unusual interactions with ranged weapons.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Wait. Being unarmed gives you penalties? I don't recall this. Is that new?

I like to have my sorcerer unarmed. Am I going to suffer drastic penalties just because I want to look like an actual believable spellcaster?
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Well how do you block a sword with your bare fists? Of course you're more likely to take damage when an enemy slices your arm off!
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    Does this work the other way around? If I rush up to a hobgoblin that still has a bow equipped (or I put to sleep with a spell) I get the +4 damage too?
    luskan said:

Does this work the other way around? If I rush up to a hobgoblin that still has a bow equipped (or I put to sleep with a spell) I get the +4 damage too?

Yes, if you can manage it.