Skip to content

What playthrough you would prefer to read about?

MoonheartMoonheart Member Posts: 520
(EDIT: This poll is outdated. Thanks for votes)

My first playthrough being well advanced now, I'm thinking about what I could do next.

I have several ideas I feel motivated about, and among which I cannot decide yet, so I wonder: what the other players would like to read about...
All the playthrough will be made on the vanilla version of the game, since I play on Android. No use of console nor EEKeeper either

The complete book of total unfairness

Goal:
Complete all the encounters of the game without taking a single point of damage

What will be written about:
Each encounter including a new kind of enemy will have a little discussion about what are its blind spots, and how to abuse them to turn the fight into a totaly one-sided match.

Protagonist's class:
Pure or dual/multiclassed arcane spellcaster

The price of magic

Goal:
Complete the game only using Nahal's Reckless Deowmer to cast spells, except for automated heal spell casting during rest phases

Each encounter where the wild surges given some interesting or funny results will be described, in order to try to make the story as funny as possible.

Protagonist's class:
Wild Mage dualed into fighter or thief at the first second of the game

The Bhaalspawn's real story

Goal:
Complete a playthrough using only realistic tactics and choices. No buffing before a fight unless we know the fight is coming, no control over companions (the IA will control them), no rest except at night, no choice incompatible with the protagonist's alignement, no reload when a companion will die (resurection needed), and no fooling around when we are asked to help people in immediate danger (including Imoen)

Mostly a RP story, including every special consequence of a realistic playthrough.

Protagonist's class:
Not decided yet, but probably Shadowdancer or Sorcerer

1. What playthrough you would prefer to read about?25 votes
    1. The complete book of total unfairness
      16.00%
    2. The price of magic
      32.00%
    3. The Bhaalspawn's real story
      52.00%
Post edited by Moonheart on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    All three ideas are excellent, very hard to choose.

I believe this thread should belong to https://forums.beamdog.com/categories/challenges-and-playthroughs section. Could an admin move it there? :)
  • MoonheartMoonheart Member Posts: 520
    edited March 2016
    Damn, I didn't see I clicked on the wrong section... I'm going to report myself so it could be moved elsewhere

(EDIT : thank you for the thread move)
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    All three are interresting, but since I play myself very similar to the third option, I'd rather see the first or second one. And out of those two, I think the first one sounds more interresting. It's always funny to hear how other people solve different kind of situations by (ab)using exploits or similar.
    edited March 2016
    The number 3 is not truly original, I must admit. Many players have tried to play like that, but I didn't see anyone post a playthrough about it...

I have toyed with the idea to combine the idea 1 and 2 together: explain you how to make a flawless victory... and then showing you how bad it can turn once you add some wild surges into that.
    I'm afraid however it would become quickly very hard to do for me... trying to deal with something like a Dragon with a wild surge at each cast sound like asking to reload 70 times before you suceeded to pull a victory out
    Seems the votes are stalling... do we have a winner?
    It's your poll, you make the call @Moonheart.
    edited March 2016
    I actualy lost a bit my motivation to make another playthrough meanwhile, sorry.
    (following comments on the matters have been deleted, I'm not here to debate or cry about the topic)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Nobody said your ideas sucked, @Moonheart . When I look at https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49170/the-most-natural-bg2-protagonist, I see an OP which got 6 likes, and it shows me nothing else than the fact your ideas were very much liked by forumites.

Then I see 42 posts in that thread, where people, including you, shared their own views on the questions you asked. These views are just views and nobody can prosecute anybody for views. It was a discussion, and a good one, but for some reason you failed to accept things that you didn't share.

I will be happy and interested to read about your playthough, whichever it will be from the 3 options here, or maybe from any additional options.
    edited March 2016
    (deleted)
    edited March 2016
    I can't find any post there where someone says you don't understand the raison d'etre of RPGs.
    edited March 2016
    (deleted)
    edited March 2016
    JLee didn't say you don't understand the raison d'etre of RPGs. All he said was that to him when a player limits out of the gate is not the raison d'etre of the whole RPG genre, that's all.

Moreover, later in that thread, JLee said he was sarcastic - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/725562/#Comment_725562

He didn't mean anything other than a a sarcastic joke. And even in the quoted post, right after the words you refer to, he said: "if it will enhance your experience of the game to approach it that way, then that trumps any ramblings of mine."

At last, that thread was (and still is) full of other forumites' posts, so you shouldn't think that the JLee's sarcastic remark is the only possible point of view.
    edited March 2016
    (deleted)
    @Moonheart: You posted a thread with a couple of different suggestions for playthroughs, people responded with their opinions and now you fishing for sympathy because not everyone loved your ideas? Either you make a playthrough or you don't. If you do I will read it, if you don't I won't cry over it.

It's not this community's collective responsibility to get you motivated, it's up to yourself. Sorry for sounding harsch, but please stop your childish whining. It's unbecoming of a grown-up.
    edited March 2016
    @Skatan:
    I just came to warn people to not waste their time anymore with this poll, because every people's time is precious, that's all.
    Bengoshi started a debate on the matter I didn't request, but ignoring people is also quite impolite, so I had to make an answer of sort.

So, I'm being considerate and polite, and your reaction is to try to attempt to make it look like if I'm a crybaby of sort in return? How disgusting...

Fine, I'll erase everything I said on the topic, so you won't have anything to complain about.

It's not this community's collective responsibility to get people motivated, but it not supposed to be it's responsability to get them demotivated either... and still it makes a great job at it currently.
    I hadn't read your other thread, but now I have and my reply here seems rather appropriate. There were a ton of great responses in that thread to your initial questions yet you choose to focus on the very few "negative" replies?
    Im saying this as a word of advice, don't get so butthurt whenever someone doesn't agree with you or express their opinions which aren't aligned to yours. The only one it hurts is you.
    edited March 2016
    You help me a lot to get less butthurt, thank you.