Skip to content

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition Announced

JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/17/dragon-age-3-inquisition-announced

Personal highlight?
Class choices of rogue, warrior or mage.

OH JOY!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Inquisition? Seriously, is that what they can come up with? Sigh, I don't know, I really really *REALLY* don't know. Seems to be the classic BioWare ULTRA BLACK and ULTRA WHITE game.
  • erathielerathiel Member Posts: 38
    Well dont know about You guys but I can't wait to play it. I liked DA series (even if both games wasnt so good is some ways) so its a very good news for me.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Shandyr : Most probably not. I gave up on BioWare. They do good stuff, but what they are doing now is too much for one's sanity. The only thing that could change that is if they'll make the Multiplayer really good, which I doubt. But still.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    edited September 2012
    @Shandyr

Agreed. I was baffled at how well received DA2 was by critics and the like. I think they felt as if they were honour bound to give it a decent review (there were lots of 7's and 8's) because it was simply a Bioware game and Bioware never make bad games.

Especially if they're released a year after its predecessor!

To answer the question as to whether or not I'd play it: most likely not. If it receives rave reviews AND the general consensus from the community is that it's a good game, then maybe. But the whole synopsis in that IGN segment hasn't captured me in the slightest; I never cared for the DA universe or its characters. I do thoroughly look forward to seeing how they tackle the immensely difficult task of incorporating three unique classes not used in any fantasy game ever - the rogue, warrior and mage.

Who wants to bet that day 1 DLC will be an NPC?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Like most games, I'm probably going to wait and see how it looks when it's released and make my decision then.

I enjoyed the demo for DA2, although it had some elements that I really didn't care for, and I've heard that those elements are present throughout the game. DA:O sounds interesting whenever I think about it, but I've also heard less than stellar reviews about the series in general.

So we'll see. If the game looks good at the time of release, I might pick it up.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I may buy it, but only after I read enough user reviews to make a decision. Considering however I have not played awakening or Da2 I may be out of the loop a little. Still, in all likelihood this game will be too console friendly for my liking.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    edited September 2012
    I´ll NOT pre-order for sure. I might give it a try since I didn't outright hate DA 2. I don´t think it will ever be close to a spiritual successor of BG. One can only hope they make me eat my words.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I'll wait a while. They've lost the right to have me buy their products straight out the gate. Poor DA2, fiascos with ME3... And I won't talk about TOR. Overpaid for that experience and closed the account before I was even done with paid time because I wasn't even playing it. That was a $100 misstep on my part. And the waste of a good Xmas present :-|
  • RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    My first reaction was to think it will suck. Theres only the slightest chance that they learned from DA2 and went back to DAO.
    One thing is certain there will be dlcs, either cut from the game, or that add nothing, at launch and after. And whatever drm EA has by then. Let the demo come I'll judge then, but I don't expect much.
    There's a reason indies are making 2 millions on kickstarter, people doesnt believe in big studios anymore.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I'm not going to pre-order. I might buy it if I like what I see.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    One of the releases I read commented on having armor look a certain way for each individual character so that they maintain their own unique look. Didn't DA 2 do this? Is DA 3 going to do this? I really do not like that feature.
  • ImmortalityImmortality Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 70
    edited September 2012
    Hopefully it's not going to be 100% crap, like DA2.

... I think it will, though.

There's no way in hell I'll pre order it.

PS: Some comments here are golden, HAH! :-D
  • I may but only AFTER I read some player reviews. Since it was bought by EA, Bioware has managed to annoy me like few other companies have. I don't know, I blame EA for this down turn in quality. This company is like a negative Midas, anything it touches turns to shit.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Even if it turns out a half decent game (which I seriously doubt), I won't be buying it out of principle. I will never knowingly support bioware in any endeavor ever again.
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    I lost dragon age for good, somewhere between awakening and DA 2, it just became a chinese production line of nike shoes.

Not going to spend my time on DA3.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited September 2012
    I will wait to consider whether to buy DA3 until after I've read a lot of forum posts from people who don't like it, especially the thoughtful kind where they try to be sympathetic, usually starting with some line like "darn, I really, really wanted to like this, and I had such high hopes, but this game is just awful, and here's why:"

I made the decision to not buy DA2 using the same method. There were enough posts where the bottom line was "if you loved DA:O, do *not* buy DA2, because it ruins everything that you loved," with detailed explanations of what was wrong, that I felt duly and fairly warned to not play it.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I never liked the Chantry, nor the Templars from the Dragon Age games. And I sure as hell hate the thought about being *forced* to play some kind of pompous Inquisition dude in this third game.

Now, if they at least add dwarves and elves back to the playable races and the possibility to destroy the Chantry altogether I might give it a try. Though, I reckon both things are very unlikely to occur...
  • SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    There is no way I will pre-order a game from them after the disappointment I have had with their games after DA:O, the trolling they did of the fans reactions for the recent ME3 debacle just solidified my decision. I may check the game out if it seems to be good and comes recommended by people who's opinion I trust.
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    I'm going to preorder it, and do everything I can to avoid reading\listening to rabid fanboys going apeshit so I can actually enjoy it. Screw all you DA2\ME3 haters as well for ruining those game for me by making me feel like I should be hating something I like playing.
  • TetraploidTetraploid Member Posts: 252
    I'll probably get it. DA2 was a little bit disappointing but I did still enjoy it, and while it is probably foolish to believe they'll improve things for DA3...well, I am an optimist!
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    The first line of that article is already probably a lie;
    “The Dragon Age team has been working on Dragon Age 3: Inquisition for almost two years now."

Seems weird, considering DA2 was released less than 1,5 years ago. Unless they count half a year as 'almost a year' or they were working on DA3 while quickly getting DA2 out of the door.

I'm very skeptical. I want to like it, but EA/Bioware's idea of listening to fans has so far been 'We listen to you and then tell you why you're wrong'. When DA2 was released and got massive negative backlash, an interview with the lead designer had the quote "I was very dissappointed in the fans. A lot of them didn't understand what we were trying to do."

I'm gonna check out Wasteland 2 and Project: Eternity. Hell, even the South Park game will probably be a better RPG.