Skip to content

Viconia DeVirs SoD portrait

2»

Comments

• 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267

Then why does she turn into a smurf in BG2?

Drow in the FR can be black, dark blue, gray or violet.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Drow

If u don't like that explanation pretend she is a black skinned Drow and got a tan because she is in the sun so much now and Drow tan blue.. lol
    Yamcha
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Wow...somebody selected her bg1 portrait...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I personally think that SoD offers the best official portraits for Viconia and Imoen. They will definitely be my stardard portraits for these NPC in the coming years.

I have to say that SoD (and the 2.0 patch) overall offers amazing portraits, the artists have made a tremendous work.

Just look at my forum avatar now. I'm in love with new portraits.
    SilverstarillathidYamchaElthalas
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453

Yes me :) because it's what Vicky is doing in my games: fanatically smash something with a mace (not hitting often, but being a tank front line and be around near, helping others in case of need).

Viconia 1.5 and 2.0 look a bit too much magey backline beauty to me. May fit other styles of play of course where she's staying back with her slingery (haha, got it?) and casting spells.
    Grammarsalad
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320

Yes me :) because it's what Vicky is doing in my games: fanatically smash something with a mace (not hitting often, but being a tank front line and be around near, helping others in case of need).

Viconia 1.5 and 2.0 look a bit too much magey backline beauty to me. May fit other styles of play of course where she's staying back with her slingery (haha, got it?) and casting spells.
    The thing that prevents me from liking the bg1 portrait is that unless you already knew you'd have no idea that she was a drow.
    SilverstarjackjackGrammarsalad
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
    For Viconia I like all three, the SoD one most of all.

For Imoen the new one seem a bit strange. She seems somehow bigger/stronger in SoD. As if she started training for a fighter, not mage. Maybe the dukes feed her better. And then in BG2 she is thin and scruffy, after torture and starvation in Irenicus' dungeon. Makes sense.

Anyway, I'm keeping each game with it's default portraits. Feels a bit strange for a bit but it's actually more atmospheric after a while.
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    edited April 2016

If you prefer Viconia to wear more armor, I have added some chain mail to give her a little more coverage of vital areas.

I gave Viconia Full Plate Mail +1 with Gauntlets of Ogre Power so your portrait is very fitting (pun intended), thank you.

JuliusBorisovAstroBryGuyTraycor
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I like the new portrait. It also steers away from the fact that Viccy's BG2 portrait was almost a direct copy/paste of a certain semi naked model picture.
    JuliusBorisov
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Can you tell me new file names of Viconia and Imoen portraits in SoD? Only those 2 NPCs have renamed files?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    BDVICONL, BDVICONM, BDIMOENL, BDIMOENM
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yea bd is the prefix used by SoD files. So if you are looking for anything SoD specific it would likely start with those letters.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    edited April 2016
    The original version just feels like a better character piece to me. The others don't really say much about the character other than they can look at things.

vBG2: "Caaaaaaaamerrrrrraaaaaaa...."
    vSoD: "I do not recall giving you permission to take my picture."
    vBG1: "Oooooh, takin' it like a champ!"
    AstroBryGuyJuliusBorisov
    I always replace portraits by those made by artastrophe. This way i have the same style portraits in all BG saga. Now I only wait for him to do SoD NPCs.
    A little offtopic - can you give me Tarana pregenerated character portraits name (half-orc barbarian)? Before she was using Branwen portrait, now it was changed. I can replace all NPC, but her.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    BDORCF1M and BDORCF1L
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    Etamin said:

I always replace portraits by those made by artastrophe. This way i have the same style portraits in all BG saga. Now I only wait for him to do SoD NPCs.

Wait no more:
    http://artastrophe.deviantart.com/art/Portrait-Pack-3rd-Edition-600226831
    Etamin
    *gasp* OMG, why @LavaDelVortel didn't updated his topic? Thank you so much for this info! I'm going to update my portratt packs.