Skip to content

Shaman

Anyone try this class yet? Waiting to finish my mage playthrough before trying it. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242
    That a Totemic Druid is better at everything.
    Especially for BG1, where the shaman's summons are pretty horrible and you don't even have a high chance of receiving them, not to mention the fact you can get low tier ones even at high levels.
    A druid will also reach a higher level with faster leveling in BG1 and 5th spells with way more spells/day due to easily available 21 WIS and that ring that gives you +1-4 bonus spells.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2016
    Overall I like the class, though I haven't done an extensive test drive. I'm more concerned about the usefulness of stats in relation to the class abilities, I mean, none of them seem to affect the class abilities one way or another and your proficiencies aren't something game changing that you would have 2 completely different playstyles... So let's say I create 2 shamans, one with 18 STR 13 DEX 15 CON 9 INT 18 WIS and 7 CHA, my playthrough will not be that different from a 12 STR 17 DEX 10 CON 14 INT 12 WIS 14 CHA besides some minor reaction encounter which you can experience by playing two different classes anyway.

Am I missing something here?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    I guess you have a point in regards of mages and maybe sorcerers.
    Playing a pure mage never even crossed my mind to be honest and while playing a sorcerer does make some stats irrelevant, having a kit makes at least 2 sort of different ways to play the game (sort of).

I disagree with bards though, even without the kits a bard can be a ranged support/secondary archer or a secondary melee/primary support character and how youplace your stats makes one or the other much more plausible.

I cannot seem to play the shaman from anywere closer than a third line support if I even try to use their dance, neglecting the dance altoguether and choosing short range support spells seems kind of a waste.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.