Skip to content

What Continent Do You Live On?

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Europe, Germany. Though I want to move to Svalbard because of the nice weather. And pygmy reindeers!
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550

Europe, Germany. Though I want to move to Svalbard because of the nice weather. And pygmy reindeers!

Don't forget, if you leave Longyearbyen, you have to carry a gun!
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    Hmph! Bloody Bob the Scientist in Antarctica causing all of this commotion!

Is this what you wanted, Bob? Are you satisfied? :'(
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    edited April 2016
    Didn't expect Europe to be at the top. I'm UK.
    Post edited by sparkleav on
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I currently live and work in the UK, but I am original from USA.
  • ZansoZanso Member Posts: 136

Assuming I could get some proper plumbing, electricity and an internet connection, I really would prefer the Sword Coast though.

You have a hole on the floor and you can always cast, or pay someone to cast, a lightning bolt. The internet connection might be tricky thou, if you aren't a god :smiley: Isn't all this enough? :p
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited April 2016
    It's Abeir-Toril
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Gothenburg, Sweden.
  • Kivan_DKivan_D Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2016

Kivan_D said:

I was born and raised in the east Shilmista forest but once you find the secret portals it takes only a few seconds to get from the Snowflake mountains to mountain Olympus ^_^

@Kivan_D
    Hey hey hey! I'm Greek-Americans, and my parents and my brother are in Greece right now (I couldn't join them due to school). I've been to Litohoro and climbed Mount Olympus, so I've seen your neighborhood.
    @booinyoureyes
    I have some uncles and cousins who live in Detroit! It's a shame that you couldn't join your family..Greece is a beauty in Spring ;)
    Wow, Europe is leading comfortably. I thought it would be closer!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I live in Canada and currently im actually staying in the city where the BG magic first started :)
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited April 2016
    I don't really understand the surprise about Europe being in the lead. That's around 600-700 million people, whereas US and Canada combined are what, 350-400 million?
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    cmk24 said:

I currently live and work in the UK, but I am original from USA.

Heh! I made the opposite move, so I guess we balance out :)
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    There's more people in Europe, true, but that could have been offset by the fact that not many of us have english as our mother tongue. Sure, BG was translated in a bunch of languages and the EEs were (mostly) translated in even more languages. They remain translations though, and it's not often that those equal the original work in popularity or quality (especially the first baldur's gate =D).

But I guess we old world folks are getting accustomed to english.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    North America - USA
    @iKrivetko As someone else has pointed out, the numbers will be offset by the fact that a good portion of them don't speak English and won't be on the English language version of this site. Because of that, since this is the only forum North Americans have to post in, I expected it to be more equal, since it would be more concentrated.
  • BlackorbBlackorb Member Posts: 62
    Europe, The Netherlands aka Holland.
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    edited April 2016
    United States (North America). Born in Massachusetts, but Florida is forever home.
    Post edited by EnialusMeliamne on
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    In the penguin business i forget to specify: Europe, Pannonian Basin.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited April 2016

What is Europe doing at the top of this quiz?

Because of the people who didn't know there was anything outside of North America?
    @drakir I'm guessing Icewind Dale is just about the right amount of cold for your taste? :)

@Victor_Creed_SFV Hello there :)

@Buttercheese If you want to see gold, go to the end of a rainbow. It will blow your effin' mind! :smiley: