Skip to content

Does the weather's effect still only have rain in BG-EE ??

darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
As been known ,

BG series's content is quite big and long for gamer (1xx hours at least)

Original the weather only has rainy day and sometimes it let me feel a little bit unexciting

i read a lots of threads , but no one confirm if it has the new effect in weather or not ,

If possible , it's really hope we can see different climate in the game.

A bit change , a pleasantly surprised,

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    It had thunder as well
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    ajwz said:

It had thunder as well

How about the snow, hail , fog ?

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Hail would look identical to rain
    Snow - there are no snowy areas in bg.
    Fog - does the fog of war count? :p
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    There were no snowy areas in bg but it had the snow too!
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    ajwz said:

It had thunder as well

And lightening. I still laughs when one of my party gets zapped walking through the woods (and curiously takes no damage from it).
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    ajwz said:

Hail would look identical to rain
    Snow - there are no snowy areas in bg.
    Fog - does the fog of war count? :p

I agree ,

but BG-EE is 15 years later be released , i just feel bit enhanced in the weather effect , it would be not so difficult ?

I don't really care the graphic capability very much , but if they can be done and very easy ? why not ?

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2012
    Here is a comment of @Nathan at this post

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2150/weather-effects-improvements/p1
    Nathan said:

Better weather and day->night effects/transitions is definitely on the list.

...I hate to say it but this may be a feature that gets delayed due to the code-wrangling difficulties we've encountered to-date. But yes, this is for sure something that we want to overhaul.

It was supposed to go post-ship, now that the release day has been delayed I hope it will be included in the 30th Nov release..

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Yeah there was snow... flurries really, especially in the Cloud Peaks.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Wild mages can cause snow from a wild surge...

So if you want it, just have Neera keep casting the Dweomer until you get the desired effect :p
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    Fog is a buggy weather code (but is in weather.ids along with rain and snow). Would be great if they fixed that.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    @ajwz, deadly thunder! Marvelous way to die in Beregost.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    edited September 2012
    As was stated earlier there is rain, thunder storms, and snow effects already present in the game. I think that's pretty good considering how old the game is. Not really sure what other forms of weather effects would need to be added that happen with any kind of frequency.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    maybe an earthquake? or a tornado?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Asteroid impact? ;)
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Patches of mist may be good... Especially after rain.
  • LaflammeLaflamme Member Posts: 54
    At some point, thanks to Sarevok, it's raining… men.
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    Miloch said:

Fog is a buggy weather code (but is in weather.ids along with rain and snow). Would be great if they fixed that.

I always love it when there is some discussion going on, and someone owns everything by referring to a file or some piece of code. Hat is off to you, sir!
  • jolly_bbjolly_bb Member Posts: 122
    edited September 2012

Miloch said:

I always love it when there is some discussion going on, and someone owns everything by referring to a file or some piece of code. Hat is off to you, sir!

Is this on the bug list for BGEE :)?

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Laflamme said:

At some point, thanks to Sarevok, it's raining… men.

HALLELUJAH!
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    jolly_bb said:

Miloch said:

It is now!

...I can't guarantee it'll get fixed before ship, as at this point what's wrong with it is a big question mark, but it is now officially on the bug list.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Nathan said:

jolly_bb said:

Miloch said:

It is now!

...I can't guarantee it'll get fixed before ship, as at this point what's wrong with it is a big question mark, but it is now officially on the bug list.
    Well there's the problem right there!
  • MilochMiloch Member Posts: 863
    @Nathan - @Ascension64 looked into it for TobEx... not sure if he did fix it but he may well know what the problem was.