Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808

HELLO! My name is Anomen Montoya, you killed my father, prepair to die!

OMG. I totally thought that but didn't post it. Honestly!
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    edited December 2012
    Nice one!
    Could you put this face in this red\grey armor instead of Anomen's?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I would be gratefull! :-)

P.S.:
    I think his head should be a bit resized for smaller rate...
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498

OMG. I totally thought that but didn't post it. Honestly!
    Is that from something?
    From The Princess Bride: Inigo Montoya.
    Inigo Montoya at his best!
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

Hahah. Good one :D

Oh and that recolour's awesome. Thanks a lot. Much appreciated :)
    @Silverstar - that is why Tiax will Rule All.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

From The Princess Bride: Inigo Montoya.
    Inigo Montoya at his best!

Definitely worth watching the whole movie if you have never seen it.

@Silverstar - that is why Tiax will Rule All.

And rightfully so.
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    edited December 2012

Tiax does as ye will, but one day... BOOM! He rules! Heh-heh.
    "Manos potentis PAH!!" *poof*

This set is in "TiaxRulesAll" folder in the dropbox.

incredible!
    Thank you very much!
    :-)

p.s.: I think girls will like this pic :-)
  • TiaxRulesAllTiaxRulesAll Member Posts: 198
    edited December 2012
    DarkDogg said:

incredible!
    Thank you very much!
    :-)

Thanks and no prob. I surprised myself on how fast it went but It was a good pic for the head and I got pretty engrossed in it. I think it came out pretty good. I needed another male for the collection anyways. It might not have gotten done as fast if you were another person asking for more Imoen customs ;) Sorry Imoen requesters...

Enjoy.
    Well, not being anything of an artist myself I'm not sure for how much it counts but...

Between this and the last one im looking for some honest feedback. are they sufficiently "baldurised"

I would say the second one is indeed very Baldurised, fits perfectly imo. Good choice of background on both too. First one looks a bit too much like a painting I think, but since that's the look you're going for that's no complaint. Beard looks a bit green, though I think that's just the funky monitor I'm currently using?
    Thanks, It does help a bunch actually. Your right about the beard, and that should not be a difficult fix. Right again i think about the first one being more painted looking. That one i did first on my own. I watched a few painting videos on youtube and came back to make the second one with a little different tactic. I was actually thinking that people might think are still too photo looking.
    Yes. The details look a bit sharper and style remains the same. Good portrait overall btw, works well for both fighters and paladins.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    OMG!

I nearly fell off my seat at the awesome Imoen pics. Seriously. Omg. lol.

Shame she looks too old in them for BG1, IMO.

I am loving the Blackguard redo Tiax. :-)
  • KyuuKyuu Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2012
    Hey all, so I have a couple of questions/requests, since I've been obsessing a little about the portraits of late.

1) Does anyone have any good, fantasy-style portraits of a dark-skinned female they could recommend? My Avenger Druid CHARNAME is supposed to be a dark-skinned (and by dark-skinned, I mean brown human skin-tone, not black/silver/blue drow skin-tone) lady, but the only real portrait for that is Dynaheir's. It's an okay portrait, but she looks a little too... haughty, and I don't like using an NPC portrait for CHARNAME in any case if I can avoid it. But I just can't seem to find any good portraits... the few of them floating around are (at the risk of sounding racist, but I don't mean it that way) too tribal or "gangsta" looking and just don't fit.

2) Does anyone have a good alternate portait for Coran? His portrait is just hideous, and isn't elf-like in the least.
    @Kyuu - look at the early posts in this thread. There were some re-done portraits of Coran.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700

For some reason I imagine that Anomen being a Salsa instructor.

More like main actor of a brasilian soap opera.
  • RhymeRhyme Member Posts: 190
    Kirkor said:

More like main actor of a brasilian soap opera.

How many is a Brazilian?

@Kyuu - look at the early posts in this thread. There were some re-done portraits of Coran.

Hm. I took a look and all I found was one, and it was a retouch of the original portrait that managed to make him look even more horrid. Then again, there are a lot of broken (?) pictures in the earlier pages, at least for me.

@TiaxRulesAll Loving your Baldur-ized portraits. I've been looking for a good red-haired female portrait as well and that one a few posts up *almost* makes it... the only problem is the dress she's wearing doesn't really seem like what a Baldur's Gate character should be wearing. Not your fault, though, that's just the source material.

If I found a good picture of a dark-skinned woman would you be willing to Baldur-ize it for me?
    edited December 2012
    @Kyuu cant PROMISE you anything but supply me with a reference pic and I might be able to make one. One with the whole head and pref shoulders. straight on at camera or slight angle please..

EDIT: Did you see this one? Its dark(er) skin sorta.. but it would fit the druid part. Also this characters got the Elven ears

Post edited by TiaxRulesAll on
    edited December 2012
    After spending a while browsing Google images, these are the best three candidates I've been able to find so far:
    imageimageimage

Links for full-size originals:
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/kyuuketsuki02/fdarkskin3_zpsb6b363f8.jpg
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/kyuuketsuki02/fdarkskin2_zps5c6ae343.jpg
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/kyuuketsuki02/fdarkskin_zps183e343a.jpg

Each of them clips the top of the head a little, I know. But it's really hard finding images that fit every criteria perfectly. Some of the BG portraits clip off the top a little anyway (e.g. Dynaheir, Coran, Neera). But if none of those tickle your fancy, I'll keep looking. The one where the girl is wearing a cowl would need to have the cowl touched up to look BG-appropriate, so I quite understand if you don't want to mess with that one in particular (though I admit I am rather fond of that one).

Edit: I did see that one, and it's definitely nice. I'm looking for truly dark-skin, though. At least as dark as the girl in my third pic. If that portrait could be retouched up with darker skin (and possibly hair to match, if necessary) it would probably work quite well. If my Photoshop skills were up to the task I'd give it a go, but... they're really not.

Edit2: Found another one that I like:

... In fact, I really like this one.

Link to full-size original:
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m314/kyuuketsuki02/fdarkskin5_zpsf688f71f.jpg
    Post edited by Kyuu on
This discussion has been closed.