Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited December 2012
    I was going to suggest that someone try "Baldurizing" this pic of Taylor Swift...

...but given her jewelry and the stone background (which bears resemblance to a stone temple), I think it looks like it could already pass for a BG portrait as is.
  • BlitzzzBlitzzz Member Posts: 2
    I still need help with Sarevok/Imoen Portraits from BG2 ToB. I cant scale the right size for BG EE with paint. It looks very bad. Can some1 correct their size for BG:EE ?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SaberScorpion/DungeonsAndDragons/Sarevok/sarevok_portrait_bg2.jpg
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited December 2012
    There you go.

Note that they got changed to .png for some reason, probably cause I uploaded both at once, so be sure to save them as .bmp
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    @Silverstar

Are you using Imageshack? It seems to convert everything bmp into png format by default.
    Pantalion said:

@Silverstar

Are you using Imageshack? It seems to convert everything bmp into png format by default.

Yeah I am, but it hasn't happened when I've uploaded pictures one by one usually. Is it a problem, does the image quality degrade when re-saved as .bmp again? If so I'll find another place to upload from now on.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    As far as I can recall, PNG and BMP are both lossless formats, PNG just compresses better for web hosting. There shouldn't be any loss of picture quality when one converts the image back into a Bitmap.
    Thank you Pantalion, that's good to know. My skillset with these things only extends to cropping and resizing.
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    For people stuck to paint; you could also check 'GIMP', it's freeware and a lot of ppl consider it as the most decent alternative to Photoshop. The installer is also only a mere 70~ MB, so it's more or less a tiny program with lots of powerful options.
    Pantalion said:

As far as I can recall, PNG and BMP are both lossless formats, PNG just compresses better for web hosting. There shouldn't be any loss of picture quality when one converts the image back into a Bitmap.

Yeah, BMP/PNG goes well together for minor gfx editing, else I'd rather share a TIF and alike.
  • jdemastjdemast Member Posts: 35
    Would any of the great artists in this thread be willing to take a stab at "drowifying" this picture? I'm looking to edit this into a Viconia portrait for my playthrough.

Thanks!

http://i45.tinypic.com/b7gbxl.jpg (Sorry I couldn't figure out how to an imbed image within a post)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    jdemast said:

Would any of the great artists in this thread be willing to take a stab at "drowifying" this picture? I'm looking to edit this into a Viconia portrait for my playthrough.

Thanks!

http://i45.tinypic.com/b7gbxl.jpg (Sorry I couldn't figure out how to an imbed image within a post)

Like this:
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    Ahahahahah, I find this picture pretty funny, I didn't know that even in the Realms girls love to auto-photograph themselves XD
    Look at her arms, it seems like she is holding the camera and taking a picture of herself XD

Ok, jokes aside, I return in my corner waiting for someone more serious to modify that picture in a drow ^^
    @Sophia - Obviously, you haven't seen people of the Realms on MySpace and FaceBook...
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    jdemast said:

Thanks!

Far from a "great artist", but I took a stab at it since no one else has so far:

Not really happy with it, though. Perhaps you can use it. If not, I'm sure someone else more talented will come along. :P
    edited December 2012
    That's a great job, exactly what I was lookin for! :)
    Anyone know of a good image resizing application? I tried using MS paint to make M and S .bmp's of the image above but it keeps cropping out most of the pic
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    edited December 2012
    @jdemast

A very good freeware prog. for such things is "Paint.NET" ... http://www.getpaint.net/ :) !!!
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited December 2012
    @jdemast

Two freeware possibility are:

1) XnView: mainly a viewer, but more than adequate to crop/resize. It easy to use and it allows to choose the filter for resizing (I recommend Lanczos)

2) Gimp: a much powerful program, but less user-friendly
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    Don't break the streak of incoming pics :)
    I think my next IWD2 party is already fully settled *eg*
    [I like the one above, but the unmodified one..pretty cool]
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    jdemast said:

Anyone know of a good image resizing application? I tried using MS paint to make M and S .bmp's of the image above but it keeps cropping out most of the pic

MS Paint works beautifully for this task. Don't use the "crop" function, use the "resize" function.
    Awong124 said:

MS Paint works beautifully for this task. Don't use the "crop" function, use the "resize" function.

I use the crop function of MS Paint, too, to get the portrait wasted space out of the way. It tells you the size you're cropping, so I make sure that my box fits the ratio (it's about .63 times the height for the right width) before resizing the finished bit for portraits.

• KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    @jdemast IrfanView is a nice freeware light program good for both cropping and resizing.
    I also use Irfanview. Which, to my annoyance, resizes a pixel too many on the smallest picture. I just crop it away though. Even more annoying is that Paint does the resize job perfectly... in W7 onwards, figures I'm using Vista >.<
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Stone Cold Steve Austin. ;)
  • KarenzzoKarenzzo Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what rang07 from Ultimate Portrait Pack comes from?
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526

Stone Cold Steve Austin. ;)

lol. he does look like that doesn't he?
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    edited December 2012
    I created a second portrait for my Undead Hunter using BG1 portraits, rather than BG2 portraits. The hood is much more red in this one.

Baldur's Gate 1 Portraits:
    BG1 Undead Hunter

Baldur's Gate 2 Portraits:
    Baldur's Gate Portrait
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Another hooded Paladin:

BG1 Paladin
This discussion has been closed.