Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    I worked on an elf for a while tonight, and it turned out quite well. I'll be adding her to the Dropbox account tomorrow. She ended up looking a bit like my fiancée, who has now requested that I make her into an elf as well...

• lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    Her right ear looks very odd because of the shadows there. Might want to hide it entirely behind the hair.

Her right ear looks very odd because of the shadows there. Might want to hide it entirely behind the hair.

Good idea. I had been focusing on the neck area and didn't even pay attention to her ears as I was finishing it.

• EdwinEdwin Member Posts: 480
    Here she is with her right ear hidden. I also threw in a reworking of one of the first few I did, as I wasn't happy with how dark it had originally turned out. The face is the same model, but from a lighter-colored picture.

• JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    edited January 2013
    Pulling my best inebriated Xzar impression.

Photobucket
    Post edited by Jaxsbudgie on
    edited January 2013
    @Jaxsbudgie: Your photo was just too entertaining to not use... I made it twice the size of the standard BGEE image, so you'll need to downsize if you'd like to use it. Or just keep it for the sake of amusement. I tried to use the same colors that the original Xzar portrait had, but a green and pink tunic is hard to find... Who'd a thunk it?

• JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    @Isandir

haha that's so weird!
  • RyanPKRyanPK Member Posts: 4
    Isandir said:

I was going to have this one be human, but as I was finishing it, it just felt right to add the pointed ears. Then I threw in the infravision for good measure. The elf/half-elf version will be in the Dropbox, but I can add a human version with a different background if someone wants it.

@Isandir I would absolutely use a human version of this photo for my PC. Not to be picky, but could it be done with non-metal armor or a cloak?
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited January 2013
    @Isandir

fantastic picture

Looks like he's wearing a striped tie which would be an odd thing for an, eh, wizard? to do unless he was a student at Hogwarts

• DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
    have someone a bigger version of the default TestPortrait?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    This is probably the most difficult version I've attempted. Getting the hair to look natural is a huge pain, and it still doesn't look as good as I'd like.

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @TiaxRulesAll and others here--Enkida and many other portrait artists really do not appreciate their work being altered without their permission, which Enkida states pretty clearly in the readme for her portrait mod.

Modders do modding out of the goodness of their hearts; please don't disregard their wishes.
    edited January 2013
    @Kaeloree: Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I personally haven't used any anyone else's portraits to make my own (excluding parts of the original versions included in BG). All of mine use either real photos (armor, professional models/actors/public figures, weapons) or game-based images, so I hope I haven't accidentally used someone else's portrait work.

On that note, however, I'm fine if anyone wants to alter or use my images. I only ask that I'm given credit for the originals. (EDIT: However, please do not use my portraits in any official mod productions, as I would like to find out how they'll be used first.) Conversely, if anyone knows of copyrighted material I included that the author/subject does not want used in this way, I'm happy to remove it.

In my mind, the more, the merrier...
    Post edited by Isandir on
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited January 2013
    Good portraits keep appearing :)

Was wondering if I could pester someone to modify one of the game's default portraits a bit? The second female one, the one holding a two-handed sword. I've always liked the portrait and thought it would work great for a paladin, but I'm not a big fan of the hair. Longer would be better (doesn't neccessarily have to be much though), no particular preference on colour. And maybe tone down the lipstick a bit? Seems to stand out a bit somehow.

Like everything else about it; the background, the "sparkles", the pose... just the hair isn't perfect.
    edited January 2013
    2.Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I like this one in particular, @DarkDogg. Was the model someone you know, or a picture you found?

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    DarkDogg said:

1.Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Are both these pics large enough as posted for BGEE? I like them both...
  • DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598

169x266
    Just make a smaller one foryourself 54x84 and play :-)

I usually don't use the Large pics 210x330.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited January 2013
    Isandir said:

I like this one in particular, @DarkDogg. Was the model someone you know, or a picture you found?

It reminds me of James Callis.
    DarkDogg said:

169x266
    Just make a smaller one foryourself 54x84 and play :-)

I usually don't use the Large pics 210x330.
    Which screens use the large 210x330 picture size?

I believe it used only a the end of TOB.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

If you have the 210 "L" portrait, then it's displayed during character creation (even though you selected the M and S ones), but that's pretty much it. It's also used in BG2's outro thingies I believe.
    Erg said:

I believe it used only a the end of TOB.
    Okay, so if you don't have this size do you just duplicate the medium-sized image and rename it?

BTW @DarkDogg - am thinking of using your second image (the one with black hair and outfit) for a half-elf Skald...
    edited January 2013

Okay, so if you don't have this size do you just duplicate the medium-sized image and rename it?

So far I always used the large portrait too, even if it is not really required in game in BGEE, so onestly I don't know what happens if you don't use it. Besides, as @Silverstar said, it is nice to have it there for the character creation screen.

Edit: I made some tests and if the large portrait is missing it is usually possible to resize the medium one using a good filter like lanczos or similar with only minimal loss in image quality.
    Post edited by Erg on
  • RyanPKRyanPK Member Posts: 4
    Isandir said:

RyanPK said:

Isandir said:

I was going to have this one be human, but as I was finishing it, it just felt right to add the pointed ears. Then I threw in the infravision for good measure. The elf/half-elf version will be in the Dropbox, but I can add a human version with a different background if someone wants it.

@Isandir I would absolutely use a human version of this photo for my PC. Not to be picky, but could it be done with non-metal armor or a cloak?

@smeagolheart: Thanks! I think this one is my favorite out of all of them I've made so far.

@RyanPK: How are these versions? I can also change the weapon and/or background if you would like something specific, though in this particular image, brown tones seem to blend in the best.
    @Isandir - Awesome! I've been looking for pics for my PC for some time. I've loved your work on the dropbox collection and so it's an honour to have you do these. The background is great. Would it be possible to change the hilt to a more traditional longsword?
This discussion has been closed.