Skip to content

Which new character is your favourite?

124»

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited November 2012
    I'll probably take the three of them along with me, however I do have my doubts:

-Neera's voice is annoying, honestly, Imoen has never bothered me but that girl does . I hope she's an interesting npc , though.
    -Rasaad might be too LG for my liking , I was hoping for a meaner, lawful neutral monk. Perhaps I'm mistaken and he's darker than I thought.

-I just love Dorn's soundset!
    Post edited by DJKajuru on
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

Kortok said:

Korgan is my favorite character in the whole BG saga. Dorn looks the most interesting of the three new chars. Can't wait to get him and Korgan paired up in BG2.

Kagain was one of my favorites from BG1 until he joined a gym, had a voice change, and became Korgan.
    Hahahaha I love your Korgan-hating posts dude good to know I'm not the only one who takes issue with Kagain's blatant replacing.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    edited November 2012

Why does Dorn the Half-Orc have a Dwarven name? Face palm.

I know half-orcs are normally half orc and half human, but taking the race name at face value I suppose it could theoretically be half orc and half anything else. Maybe one of his parents was a dwarf?

I know from the Drizzt books that the dwarf and orc kingdoms made a lasting peace for over a hundred years and that their kingdoms were side by side, so I guess its possible that a dwarf and an orc could have social relations and eventually end up married.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    ARKdeEREH said:

Why does Dorn the Half-Orc have a Dwarven name? Face palm.

I know half-orcs are normally half orc and half human, but taking the race name at face value I suppose it could theoretically be half orc and half anything else. Maybe one of his parents was a dwarf?

I know from the Drizzt books that the dwarf and orc kingdoms made a lasting peace for over a hundred years and that their kingdoms were side by side, so I guess its possible that dwarves and orcs could have social relations and eventually end up married.
    Read his story. His mother is human.

Particularly after her shenanigans in said story, I'm going to go ahead and say "his mom was dumb about these things and thought the dwarven name sounded good for her half-orc son."
  • phoenixclphoenixcl Member Posts: 31
    Rasaad. A monk party member has been much needed for the BG series and of the three I like his backstory the most.

Neera seems way too trope-y for my tastes and Dorn doesn't particularly appeal to me. But I'm willing to give all three characters a chance.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Dorn, first evil male romance