Skip to content

Which new character is your favourite?

ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
So, now that we have the candlekeep library entry for each of the new characters:
http://baldursgate.com/news_2012sep27.en.html
http://baldursgate.com/news_2012sep18.en.html
http://baldursgate.com/news_2012sep14.en.html
from what you have seen and read so far, which one is your favourite or the one you are most looking forward to have in your party?
  1. Which new character is your favourite?260 votes
    1. Rasaad
      26.15%
    2. Neera
      36.54%
    3. Dorn
      30.38%
    4. None of them particularly appeal to me
        6.92%

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Dorn. Though, as a woman he would be more appealing to me. Female half-orc NPC's are long overdue!
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    Only really interested (*cough*) in Rasaad but I'll take Dorn along to see what kind of a character he is. I'm always up for a bit of revenge, and certainly the last evil NPC we had who was betrayed by his former companions (Korgan) turned out excellent.
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    I don't like playing evil (though maybe I'll give it a try), and Neera just seems like a silly child unable to properly cast a spell (that not being a wild mage, but just read her bio!).

Although I have to admit I will definitively check the three of them out!
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Phyrax said:

Although I have to admit I will definitively check the three of them out!

;)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited September 2012
    I've planned out 4 characters and parties for 4 playthroughs. If I don't get bored after the first playthrough (and that's a big if), I'll end up trying all three at least once. But knowing myself, I'd probably only play through once, at least I probably won't play more than once without taking a break from the game.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Dorn is really good on the inside! I know I can change him!

I like Neera as well. For some reason, Rasaad hasn't yet made a big impression on me.
  • j0lssonij0lssoni Member Posts: 53
    Dorn's voice acting is by far the best, but looking forward to Neera the most nontheless ;foreveralone;
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

I hope Rasaad makes "I'm Rasaad yn Bashir, and this is my favorite store in Baldur's Gate" jokes.

Or "I should go," when your reputation drops too low and he leaves.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I'm one for self serving NPCs, and I don't particularly like playing goodie goodie. Dorn catches my eye the most, and I may make a female NPC just to take full advantage of what ever it is he offers in terms of roleplayability. Neera seems very interesting as well... I like her rebelious spirit. Rasaad however... I want to try him out, as I am intrigued by all three; however I am much more intrigued by Neera and ESPECIALLY Dorn, who is just plain Awesome, and the voice they gave him is more articulate than I thought, which makes me love him even more.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    My favorite was Neera, and she is still great. But Dorn won me over with his backstory.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited September 2012
    Neera for me, mainly because I've never tried a Wild Mage and I want to see what happens. I'll probably also give Dorn a go but Rasaad is unlikely to stay long in any party of mine. Monks just don't do it for me - I hate all that spirituality stuff.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Interesting. Rasaad interests me most as a character, but I like all. The backgrounds are really a bonus for me!
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    Rasaad because he is a monk. We haven't got any of those, but we sure do enough mages!

...Only problem with Rasaad is that it means my PC character cannot be a monk :(
  • Flameguard27Flameguard27 Member Posts: 37
    My favorite backstory is Dorn's (great voice acting), Neera also seems awesome. I'm not so sure about Rasaad.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    In order of preference:
    Dorn
    Rasaad
    Neera

All three look like they're going to turn out to be very interesting characters.
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    I'm biased towards wild mages, so I'd have to say Neera... but really, I like them all. I just like Rasaad a bit less than the rest though.
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    can,t really say will have to meet them in the game first
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    My preference goes Dorn -> Neera -> Rasaad.

I like all of them though.
  • GarmGarm Member Posts: 67
    Even though I mostly play with good-natured parties I like Dorn more. Rasaad (mainly because of his class) and especially Neera don't appeal that much to me.
  • nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
    Dorn seems cool. My only pause is that half orcs are stereotypically a bit dumb and his voice makes him sound quite intelligent, I am not sure yet how that fits. I also like to play a blackguard so not sure if it will be cool or repetitive to have 2 of them in the party
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited September 2012
    nptitim said:

Dorn seems cool. My only pause is that half orcs are stereotypically a bit dumb and his voice makes him sound quite intelligent, I am not sure yet how that fits.

Idk... maybe because he's breaking stereotypes? That's kind of refreshing. I guess if you're a big fan of stereotypical characters, Korgan is probably your favorite character right?

(Sorry, I can't miss a beat bashing on Korgan. My gosh I hate him.)
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I don't know yet. :)
  • roboticsunroboticsun Member Posts: 42
    I like Rasaad the best because he is a monk and Mark Meer did the voice over.
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2012
    Neera, Because Dynaheir has to die!
  • AshendilAshendil Member Posts: 56
    edited September 2012
    I think for my first go-through my party will look like this:

1. Ash (Berserker, later to be dual-classed to berserker/thief)
    2. Minsc
    3. Xan
    4. Dorn
    5. Neera or Rasaad
    6. Jaheira (well, she would be my favourite, but maybe I will take some other healer, as I do not want to kill Khalid)

Just realised that I am missing a thief in my party... well... guess I will have to go without a healer then and take Imoen.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2012
    Incidentally since Dynaheir is voiced by Jennifer Hale, and Rasaad yn Bashir is voiced by Mark Meer, it ends up being kind of funny. Even though their voice work is a decade apart they can't seem to avoid eachother :) (Jennifer Hale also voices Mazzy in BG2).
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I will only have an opinion after I have played with them. As a concept I like the idea of an wild mage and a monk NPCs.
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    I think I may play as a cleric of Lathander in my first run-through; I can see her hanging out with Rasaad a good bit. Neera could be tremendous fun--or not, depending on how she's written. Dorn, enh, I don't usually play evil parties, but I've been inspired to try with all the Edwin/Tiax/Montaron/Xzar love on the forum. Cleric, bard, sorcerer, thief...I'll be spending my winter holidays in Faerun. :)
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Why does Dorn the Half-Orc have a Dwarven name? Face palm.