Skip to content

Which new character is your favourite?

Comments

• AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    Dorn, I love the voice work so far. Gord Marriott has it goin on!
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    Dorn, Dorn, Dorn! That short story is so poignant, and the voice acting is superb!
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    edited September 2012
    I must admit, Dorn is a really cool, and I think I like his voice overs the best, but on my first playthrough I want good aligned characters, and I'm looking forward to romancing Neera.
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    Quartz said:

nptitim said:

Dorn seems cool. My only pause is that half orcs are stereotypically a bit dumb and his voice makes him sound quite intelligent, I am not sure yet how that fits.

Idk... maybe because he's breaking stereotypes? That's kind of refreshing. I guess if you're a big fan of stereotypical characters, Korgan is probably your favorite character right?

(Sorry, I can't miss a beat bashing on Korgan. My gosh I hate him.)
    Korgan is my favorite character in the whole BG saga. Dorn looks the most interesting of the three new chars. Can't wait to get him and Korgan paired up in BG2.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    The three of them combined. I present you Needorasaad(lol sounds like a dragon name), the wild black monk. :)
  • nyttynnyttyn Member Posts: 4
    I like chaotic wild things soooo Neera it is.
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    Dorn takes revenge on some dudes in a back alley what's not to love about him. Plus I'm gonna be evil maybe be a kensai/Mage cuz never played one before and I'm gonna need a tank since they have no armor
  • dosentti666dosentti666 Member Posts: 20
    Dorn by far. Rasaad is okay. Neera sucks.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I liked Rasaad's bio the most, but after listening to the three voices, I definitely like Neera the most.
  • OperativeNLOperativeNL Member Posts: 146
    I'm really liking the story of Dorn so far.
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    It's almost a tie between Rasaad and Dorn... but I enjoyed Rasaad's background story a bit more. Since we don't know anything about the characters in-game, the story is as good a reason as any. :)
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    From the 3, I like the males more so far, although Neera does seem/sound interesting as well. Of course, we'll have to play with them to truly know which one we like the most.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

I liked Rasaad's bio the most, but after listening to the three voices, I definitely like Neera the most.

Agreed, Rasaad's story was by far the best. Neera's story was sorta there and Dorn's had a lot of unclear motivation.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited September 2012
    There are things i like and dislike about all three. It is difficult to choose.
    Best story award goes to Rasaad.
    Best voice Neera.
    Best item/special effects award Dorn.
  • MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    Neera, for reasons I have already stated elsewhere (in another language, but still).
    Apart from more obvious things (possibility of a new romance, intrigue by the wild mage class), I would like to see if Neera and Edwin would work well together. In IW 1 and 2 I always had 2 mages in my group, and they worked wonders (usually having more than 70% of the total kills).
    Another factor is that in BG1 and 2 there's only one mage (Edwin) worth the try, all the others I consider completely useless. They just cannot compete. Neera on the other hand, since she's a different kind of mage, just might.
    @Moradin Since Neera is hunted by red wizards she and Edwin might not get along so well...
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @Koson They might actually get along in BG2 though, especially after his Nether Scroll "incident."
    Hehe, let's hope :).
    It is a great peeve for me, especially in BG2, that some NPCs will always come to blows sooner or later no matter what, as I enjoy having mixed up parties, both alignment and personality-wise.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    My interest runs Rasaad- Dorn- Neera. I am not very impressed with Neera and I think she is setting herself up by thinking of herself as a victim of fate, when it's her own bad choices that make her have problems. I like Rasaad and Dorn much more. Neera also seems a bit arrogant to me. I am suspecting she will turn out to be CN rather than CG.
  • dosentti666dosentti666 Member Posts: 20
    How could anyone like Neera? She's such a useless whore.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

How could anyone like Neera? She's such a useless whore.

How so?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @jhart1018 Didn't the role playing forums help you a little to change your opinion on Tiax and Edwin? :)
  • jhart1018jhart1018 Member Posts: 909
    @mlnevese Yes, yes they did. :)
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    Kinda liked Neera first but after listening to the voice samples I changed my mind. She sounds way too annoying to keep around. So my vote goes to Dorn. Cool voice, cool class and I usually play evil characters.
  • SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    I voted for Neera but it was a really tough call, also like Dorn a whole lot. I am looking forward to having both in my party and I wonder if my opinion will stay the same.
  • wissenschaftwissenschaft Member Posts: 229
    Neera wins no contest for me. Having a romanceable playful Wild Mage in the party is too good to pass up.
  • SecriaSecria Member Posts: 85
    So far, I don't like any of them. They rub me the wrong way.
    Rasaad - I say cliché things that's supposed to be wise, but they're actually kinda dumb/irrelevant.
    Neera - I'm an idiot, and I'm going to get you all and/or myself killed, sorry. LOVE ME!
    Dorm - I'm so powerful, I bet you want to know all about me, well too bad. Corny threat.

I mostly hope though that Dorm will prove me wrong. I welcome evil party members happily, usually.
  • SecriaSecria Member Posts: 85
    I can't get names right.

Doormat.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Double-posting is a great way to make the mistake look even better.

That said yeah Dorn's story didn't exactly inspire any confidence for me, hopefully he won't be that much of a tool in the game.