Skip to content

Adventuring with Mizhena Powers

TrudeauIsSantaTrudeauIsSanta Member Posts: 161
edited April 2016 in Fan Creations
Link to thread of previous episode: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/54275/why

Caution: The following video contains one written curse word (though it's something you'd read in reference to the goddess of the Temple of Umberlee in-game anyway)

Link to thread of next episode: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/54438/a-night-with-thalantyr
Post edited by TrudeauIsSanta on
Achterklad

Comments

• TrudeauIsSantaTrudeauIsSanta Member Posts: 161
    edited April 2016
  • Wraith_SarevokWraith_Sarevok Member Posts: 130
    Lol!!!!!

I didn't know where this was going at first. xD
  • AchterkladAchterklad Member Posts: 114
    edited April 2016
    By Tempus' Shield!
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    I...never noticed that before. LOL
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    LOL xD
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    BoOoOoOoOoOoring...
    edited April 2016
    Link to thread of previous episode: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/54350/adventuring-with-mizhena-powers

Continuing my adventures with Mizhena

Link to thread of next episode: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/54449/nashkel-bloodbath
    edited April 2016
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Oh. The amount of time and effort you must have spent on this 'mod'..
    More to come!
    Wowo
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Making statements through creativity is always awesome.
    jackjack
    edited April 2016
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    The last episode...you promise?
    TrudeauIsSantaDaevelon
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Good job.

Now can you kindly bugger off at last?
    TrudeauIsSantaMalbethDaevelonAedan
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    You know it wouldn't kill you to keep all your videos in one thread. Maybe over on the steam forums...
    Grummf2112TrudeauIsSantaMoradin
    edited April 2016
    Someone on another site asked for a tl;dr. Here it is for anyone else who would like a tl;dr as well:

A tl;dr on this epic saga needs some length:

- she traveled with CHARNAME because she had feelings for him, carried over from the feelings she had for Gorion as a little girl (after he helped her get a gender change)

- she also thought she could somehow find a way to undo the genderchange decay Gorion had somehow placed on her (through another who is unknown at this point). Why Gorion did this is likely linked to bitterness he felt at having to take his beloved Ward (that's you!) out into the world because of what Sarevok was planning. He had something he loved ruined because of happenings in the rest of the world. He gave Mizhena the ability to be a woman, now he was causing her decay to get some kind of ego footing in his now broken world.

- CHARNAME forcibly puts Gorion's sexchange belt on Mizhena, since his foster "father" had asked CHARNAME to cure Mizhena's "condition" with it - CHARNAME just got out of Candlekeep at this point so had little world experience, and still had unshakeable trust in Gorion so didn't think twice about it. This was Gorion's "last laugh", so to speak, at the world he now saw nothing but ruin and chaos in.

- Mizhena seeks a way to undo what the belt has forced on her - the decay gave her time to find a reversal before it was too late, but the belt forced the change back to a man immediately. She finds there is no way to undo what the belt has done to her, even if removed - it is permanent.

- In Episode 4 we see an army of Minscs in Nashkel. On one of the letters they all carry, it's revealed that they all had sex with Mizhena at her will. It was her (as a man at this point) last hurrah before heading to the basilisk area to turn herself to stone.

- From there is where this video picks up. But yes, she turns herself to stone out of despondency of being stuck as a man in this life. CHARNAME has the option to leave her as stone and carry on in this world, he can also probably get a stone to flesh scroll to turn her back (but then he is forcing her to live on as a man when that isn't what she wants - so would be the "evil" path), or he can drink the potion to undo everything and forget it all.

The rest is in the videos, which I suggest you watch if you want to see the deeper intricacies of this legendary story.
    edited April 2016
    I'm Pablo Inter, creator of the "Mizhena Saga" collection of Youtube videos (

First off, I'm ecstatic to have seen all six episodes to completion in just 48 hours. "Mizhena Saga" represents *days* of work by a guy which grew from a desire to shed light on an unnecessarily overblown controversy, and what I saw as an opportunity to add more depth to a social issue I see as critical and serious. "Mizhena Saga" represents more than 24 minutes of modded Baldur’s Gate footage, with footage from other sources cut in to assist the narrative because I'm a hack and can't get by on my own IP alone, and more than a few hundred or so words of new writing. From here on forward, I will always look back on this whenever I'm down to say "Yeah, things may not be great now, but at least you aren't writing fanfic anymore." Assuming, of course, I never again write fanfic (I am still mulling this over).

I've received feedback around the saga. In retrospect, it would have been better served if I had known exactly what I was doing from the beginning, instead of making it up as I went along. This is a lesson I will be carrying forward. Should I ever feel like writing anything again, rest assured that I will.

The last few days have shown me how passionately fans care not only about official Baldur's Gate games, but the content of fanfics as well. I've had a lot of depressing feedback from viewers who viewed the "Mizhena Saga". It's really disheartening to try and add joy to people's lives, only to find I've made strangers find more reasons to have hate in their lives due to something I made with the intent of having the opposite effect.

Oh, and to the guy who told me "**** off" before having his post removed - Hey! Not cool, man! I just want to make it crystal clear that I am acting solely as an individual here, so whether or not I condone this kind of behavior doesn't really matter. You can say what you want - do you think Youtube or Beamdog cares? Have at 'er. But if you do - Hey! Not cool, man.

I’ve received valuable feedback around a plot hole or two I didn't manage to catch before posting for viewing. As I said I'm still debating whether or not to continue in this avenue. I will provide a complete list of all issues I might address in a potential future release. Issues of note I have been told of are:

- Stone to Flesh Scrolls - I thought this was implied in the finale as a potential option for CHARNAME (turning Mizhena to Flesh instead of just "Continue in world" or "Drink potion"), but it didn't hand-hold in the final exposition, which has led those who need spoonfeeding to believe I simply forgot this was an option.

- The "Mass Rape" At Nashkel – Nobody "raped" anybody. Mizhena took it all willingly. Please re-read the letter in "Episode 4" and tell me how you can perceive that as "mass rape".

I hope all viewers continue to enjoy watching and discussing this epic saga, and I look forward to maybe doing something in the future with something that ends up being just another disappointment in a wealth of accumulated disappointing life experiences.

Regards,
    -Pablo Inter, aka "Ew Bhaal"

P.S. My videos have also been getting swarmed with negative votes. If you enjoyed the videos, please go out of your way to click the "thumbs up" button to balance this out. And if you just don't care, please hit "Thumbs Up" anyway, because I really need the assurance right now. Thanks!
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    What is the point of this? Seriously.
    GrumTrudeauIsSantaSertorius
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Is the horse dead yet?
    TrudeauIsSantaGrumSertorius
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

Good job.

Now can you kindly bugger off at last?

The fact that he agrees with your post and keeps going shows his troll status. Stop posting in his threads and he will eventually bugger off
    edited April 2016
    He said "Good job". Of course I agree.
  • AriusArius Member Posts: 92
    mf2112 said:

deltago said:

Is the horse dead yet?

I will offer one other piece of advice FWIW: 90% of comedy is timing, and your timing is off right now.
    AMEN!
    TrudeauIsSantaRawgrim
    mf2112 said:

deltago said:

Is the horse dead yet?

Did the horse take it willingly? -_-

Edit: To the OP: I still don't know what you meant by doing this, I didn't and won't watch any of the videos especially after reading your comments above about Mizhena in Nashkel. I think you misinterpreted my comment above. Rape is not a joking matter, and I think the fact that a number of people are "correctly" interpreting that you effectively coerced Mizhena as opposed to her "taking it willingly" is something you really need to give some thought to and how you arrived at that conclusion.

I will offer one other piece of advice FWIW: 90% of comedy is timing, and your timing is off right now.
    The fact that rape is serious is why I was swift to inform people that it was just detractors trying to "spin" something that didn't actually happen in order to create a situation.
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    You might have good intentions but you're borderlining and should reconsider the post and re-post of your videos in these forums. Your satires aren't to everyone tastes. And why is this thread named "Official Statement"? It's misleading.
    Grumronaldo