Skip to content

[Quotes] More intruders have entered the complex, Master.

Comments

• MystraMystra Member Posts: 11
    Once my thirst for power was everything. And now I hunger only for revenge. And I… WILL… HAVE IT!

god I want to have dirty sexy times with that man /drool
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited July 2012
    g314 said:

It's annoying as hell at times, but I prefer BG1 narrator voice over BG2's. Sounds more like he's reading an epic book. Is he Sarevok's voice actor, btw?

Yup, both Sarevok and the narrator are voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Michael_Richardson

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    How disturbing is this: Sarevok and Cleveland Jr. from Family Guy are voiced by the same person.
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    Zeckul said:

g314 said:

It's annoying as hell at times, but I prefer BG1 narrator voice over BG2's. Sounds more like he's reading an epic book. Is he Sarevok's voice actor, btw?

Yup, both Sarevok and the narrator are voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Michael_Richardson

Ah yes. Thanks for the link! He was spectacularly good, especially in the dreams sequences. It really felt the game was gaining momentum as it was progressing. I still wish he would be the narrator for the whole BG saga. As an Enhanced Edition, I would expect more consistency in this respect (like BG2 classes in BG1EE, animations, banters, spells, etc.) as well.
  • MosesHallMosesHall Member Posts: 28
    Favorite quote: "Ahh've no time for ta talk to ya naow." I think the character's name is Jeb. I think I'll turn the sound clip into a ringtone.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    "Better part of valor! Better part of valor!" lol
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    "In the year of the turrets, a great host will come from the east like a plague of locusts. So sayeth the wise Alaundo."

Anyone caught Koveras (Sarevok in disguise) chanting this at the candlekeep library? His voice is such a dead giveaway (but so awesome)
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited July 2012
    byrne20 said:

"Better part of valor! Better part of valor!" lol

Morale failure of Garrick is funny as well "Brave, brave sir Garrick, sir Garrick led the way. Brave, brave sir Garrick, sir Garrick ran away!"
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    edited July 2012
    The thing about quotes that makes me laugh is when a group of fans went up to a comic signing where david warner (irenicus) was at and repeated the same quotes he said in the game. It was hysterical and one of the best youtube videos. "Why was this man not gagged, Did he not slay 4 of you?" Lol.
    @DKnight sounds like high class trolling. link?
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    One of my favorites are from BG2 during a dream.

"I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings? "

Jon Irenicus.. he is by far my favorite villain of all games :)
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    It is time we end this once and for all. Evil meet my sword. Sword meet EVIL.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    You were not born to replace. You are fuel for the return! I shall act as you were born to! You will surrender to the instinct! To the blood! - Michael Dorne just being awesome.
  • ZaccaroZaccaro Member Posts: 39
    "The trees move... Can you not see it!?" "Smiles everyone, smiles! This is like some great fantasy." "I'll teach your grandmother, to suck eggs!" "Those the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad, mad MAHAHAAHAAAAADDD!" "I know dragons with feet like rabbits tis true I swear!" "Mooommyyyyy! I don't feel so good." oh gods, I just love throwing quotes of Baldur's gate with a friend of mine, and Xzar was always both of our favorite.
    "Doooon't teach my hamster to suck eggs!"
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    @iansounet
    Lol yeah agreed garick and khalids moral failures had me in sticthes :)
  • cyberarmycyberarmy Member Posts: 128
    edited July 2012
    "I cannot be caged. I cannot be controlled. Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"

The moment i became sure that im in love with Jon Irenicus.

And randoms :)
    "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, watch it! I'm huge!"

"(running away): Tiax will rule... From a distance."

"It seems our resident suicide monger, Ajantis, lives in a black and white world."

"On the death of Montaron) Montaron! I...I never loved you!"

"Elminster this, Elminster that. Give ME 2000 years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse!"

"Oh, why yes, THANK YOU for your gracious forgiveness for our GRIEVOUS error. (Let's see...one good fireball...no, make that two...plus a horrid wilting spell, yes yes...)"

OMG i can go on for days >_<

• RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    edited July 2012
    It's no news to any of you but it's great to remember how resourceful BG ask you to be, sometimes looks impossible, but there is always a way, use X spell, weapon, party. Quotes remind me of such situtations.
    Ah! and unlike many recent games where you just have to be able to do it because: 1º there is no other way to go 2º Devs are afraid you tire of the game for being hard....
  • baldurfan355675466baldurfan355675466 Member Posts: 7
    Xzar when montaron dies: "montaron! I...snif I never loved you!" I m translating from the french version which was hilarious for bg1, so maybe it s not the same in the original
  • baldurfan355675466baldurfan355675466 Member Posts: 7
    Arf sorry it was written just up didn't notice, can't we edit posts?
    @baldurfan355675466 you can edit your own posts by clicking the little cog-wheel to the right of your post (options).

"Sleep lightly... taskmaster"
  • MelanchiorMelanchior Member Posts: 16
    DKnight said:

The thing about quotes that makes me laugh is when a group of fans went up to a comic signing where david warner (irenicus) was at and repeated the same quotes he said in the game. It was hysterical and one of the best youtube videos. "Why was this man not gagged, Did he not slay 4 of you?" Lol.

Link, NOW! I must see this, but I can't find it.
    edited July 2012

DKnight said:

Link, NOW! I must see this, but I can't find it.
    Here's your Link:

(I'm sorry it's late and I'm suffering from sleep deprivation-induced troll syndrome)
    @Winthal: It's ok I laughed lol I would love to see that comic signing though.
    @Razor Yup, same! I do love me some good trollin'
  • AlparonAlparon Member Posts: 58
    "oooh you are a smart one... I understand now... you said what you did just to get me mad... mad enough to break free...haha... you are as smart as Boo sometimes..."
    edited July 2012
    @Alparon back in the day I almost felt bad lying like that to minsc, great quote!
  • LediathLediath Member Posts: 125
    make this happen Trent, make this happen

• thabananathabanana Member Posts: 2
    "it is uselesssss to reeesssiiiisssttt!"
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    Everything that comes out of Cespenar's mouth is brilliant/funny/adorable! <3