Skip to content

What is the highest roll on character gen you have got?

Just did a Cleric/Ranger with 95 total roll. With 3 straight 18s on it from the start :smiley:

What's the best you guys have done and for what if you can recall?

Comments

• Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    I rolled 96 for my Dragon Disciple that I'm currently playing, didnt take that long either probly 5-10mins? I was just trying to get to 90 n 96 was first roll higher than 88 lol

98 is the highest I've ever rolled that was on a Shadowdancer fairly recently :)
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    96 with a half-orc fighter/mage was one of the best I had gotten in a long time since that combination doesn't have any 10+ minimums and half-orcs get a net -2 stat penalty.

I think the highest I ever got was a 103 way back in the day with either a bard or a druid.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    I've gotten a 104 Cleric/Thief before
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    96 point Jester.
    Also a 93 point Cavalier, but I don't really count that because of the way the class' minimum stat requirements affect the rolls.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I got two 98's within about five minutes of each other when rolling up a Black Pits party.
  • jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    97 ranger recently... Maybe higher at some point in the past but cannot remember. Ranger is one of the easier to get huge rolls with due to a lot of high minimums.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    96 on a Skald.

Now-a-days, if I grow bored of rolling, I tend to use that as my benchmark for a Ctrl+8.
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    100 on a paladin in IWD.

Everything else is closer to 90, although I definitely roll until my eyes bleed.
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    99 on my Paladin way back in the BG TOTSC days before BG2 was out.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    100 twice, both on a vanilla elf sorcerer (yikes! ...but to early in my history of playing the games, so I did not know how significant that was and really botched the spells) and also on my beloved Cavalier Aurora (Who, after BG I was 19/19/19/16/16/19; something about those numbers is just too damn sexy).

Recently I rolled past two more 100s within one week (as I noted in a pol about it... :blush: ). They were a half-elf dragon disciple and a human beast master. But I gotta say (before anyone gets the idea of rolling up such characters themselves) I roll A LOT! Never seen anything past that.
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    95 on a Swashbuckler, my favorite class, as it happens.

As high on a dual-classed fighter/cleric, which made my party heavy on this build as I always romance Ano. I admit I was bit cheesy about it, knowing that wisdom stat-books to be in greatest supply, but by end of ToB my cleric spell book was a joyously crowded sight...

I do find that adding the sub-total to your stat rolls in EE is brilliantly convenient, with the downside that I've lost some good rolls from quick trigger finger on "re-roll..."
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    Got and kept? The highest I remember getting was a 101 back in the late 90s that I actually didn't click right past.

Got and clicked past? Both these days and back then I've clicked past an annoyingly high amount of 95+ scores, including going right past a 104 just last week.

Rolling stats in this game is more like a blood pressure minigame that somehow manages to tie a mouseclick to a blood pressure increase without any kind of brain-machine interface.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    edited May 2016
    Highest I've ever rolled was either a 97 or 98 on an Archer in the first Black Pits. He even had an 18/00 Strength, so I stuck a pip in Halberds for some flavor.

Most everything else I've rolled was like 94 or lower.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    100 point Paladin.
  • ZilberZilber Member Posts: 253
    I think 93. I also tried a 3d6, keep stats as they lie once. That was 61 (and challenging, especially con4)
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I just rolled an 89-point Shaman and I thought that was a lot.

I've never come across a character with a stat total in the high 90s, much less over 100. Not in 16 years.
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353

I've never come across a character with a stat total in the high 90s, much less over 100. Not in 16 years.

Really? Wow, different luck for different people I guess! I'm willing to sit there and click for like 10-15 minutes when I make a new character, so I usually have a goal in mind like "won't stop clicking until I clear 90", and it sometimes doesn't even take me 10 minutes. It's mostly when I click past stuff, which happens a lot (hence it taking 10-15 minutes, since I usually hit a post-90 total in less than 5 minutes of clicking but then have to wait a while for another one to roll around).
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    I once got 103 for a plain cleric. It was ages ago, but that lady (because she was a woman) was a pleasure to behold. And it didnt take me so long, just between 5 and 10 minutes.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    93 on a stock sorcerer

It's not really fair to show off high scores on classes/races that have minimum rolls. Show me a 100 on a human fighter and ill be impressed.
  • dracostrikedracostrike Member Posts: 151

93 on a stock sorcerer

It's not really fair to show off high scores on classes/races that have minimum rolls. Show me a 100 on a human fighter and ill be impressed.

I have a 99 on a Berserker once ^^ Wanted him to dual into either a Wizard or Cleric but ended up going thief for Carsomyr shenanigans
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    Cleric/ranger usually see 90s a lot more often than other kits. 99 on zerker is nice lol.

Think highest non r/c ive gotten was 96 but not sure....I just know 96+ on r/c is extremely easy to roll compared to fighters where it could take hours.

Really? Wow, different luck for different people I guess! I'm willing to sit there and click for like 10-15 minutes when I make a new character, so I usually have a goal in mind like "won't stop clicking until I clear 90", and it sometimes doesn't even take me 10 minutes. It's mostly when I click past stuff, which happens a lot (hence it taking 10-15 minutes, since I usually hit a post-90 total in less than 5 minutes of clicking but then have to wait a while for another one to roll around).
    Basically spending 10-15 is more than enough because you can easily just grab anything over 90 and stop....most classes wont benefit past 90pts ( lots being dump points but depends on what class/combo )
    Plus the tomes in bg1 can only be used on you if taking a toon/party through 1-2-tob and will make them even more op stat wise. ( one extra stat point except wis which gets 3 ) And various other ways to raise stats to god like levels and if used on party members the tomes dont stick in carried through games so better to use on charname.

Some classes have it easier because of different stat requirements etc, so a cler/ranger gets a lot of 90+ rolls no problem while a fighter might take a lot longer to even see anything over 90, especially if you miss the roll.

• dracostrikedracostrike Member Posts: 151
    Personally if I am making a good character I will have a checklist like this:

Strength: If this can be hitting the 18/??, then it must otherwise 17 for duals, with 16 for non-melees.
    Dexterity: 18, No exceptions!
    Constitution: 18 or 16 for max health rolls depends whether they get the fight bonus or not.
    Wisdom: If this can be dumped, it shall be dumped hard. Otherwise, maxxed when needed.
    Intelligence: Mind Flayers make this relevant so 11 minimum and maxxed when needed.
    Charisma: Since the hell trial gives Cha to you, I really want this to be 18.

I usually get the rolls within 15 minutes and I do other things while rolling to past the time.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Nothing higher than 95, I believe. Each time I try to roll at least 97 to not be worse than Sarevok. I mean, *I am* the best Bhaalspawn around, right ;)?
    *eats mashedtaters comfort food and keeps rolling.

Good choice @mashedtaters
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476

I just want to be superman, that's my problem.

Must have high roll!

*click, click, click, click!

*eyes bleed, rolls 97, stores, keeps rolling anyway...

*accidentally clicks to previous screen...

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    AaaarrraghgrrrhagagrrhdgahrgahegahaaaRrrr!

*eats mashedtaters comfort food and keeps rolling.

This was me last night, for some cruel sadistic reason the game refused to give me anything higher than 89 and I, in turn, refused to accept 89......rolled for an hour (not even joking was half watching Gotham at the time lol)....finally gets 92 clicks past it... o.o ....soul destroyed.....gave up, came back after eating....rolled 92 in less than 30 seconds. wow.