Skip to content

Shady Figure Ambush ( Minor Spoiler)

2»

Comments

• Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I assume wand of Paralysis would work, although I never tried that.
  • kanemikanemi Member Posts: 31
    Yeah, that was a fun ambush.

After dying messily the first time, I equipped Jaheira with a wand of heaven, while Corwin, Minsc and Khalid split the 60 arrows of detonation I had. I had to restrain my main character from running over there, but the enemies died pretty quickly the second time around.
  • EltnotEltnot Member Posts: 4
    AlexT said:

Aedan said:

When I had that fight, the first thing I thought was "I smell @AlexT here!" :)
    Did you design this battle? I really like it!

Yes, I'm glad you found it enjoyable. :)

All of the unique random encounters were designed by me.
    Resurrecting an older thread I know, but I feel obliged to add these comments. Whilst I like the graphics and gameplay of this expansion, I have not enjoyed the storyline very much. But more than that, I have not enjoyed this encounter at all. If you need to cheat the rules where my opponent's abilities still work but mine don't you're (Expletives removed) at game design.

I hit the Shadowy Figure with a wand of paralyzation and a round later they unfreeze and turn invisible which my detect illusions can't dispel. What (Expletives removed) bollox. I found this fight so unenjoyable that I am on the brink of quitting the game at this point and moving my character onto BG2.

Terrible encounter.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Eltnot This encounter is skippable - you can kill other bandits and the Shady Figure will go away. It doesn't prevent you from playing SoD further.

Dead magic zones are an idea from ToB.

BG games needed encounters with interesting ideas.

Not mundane random encounters is the idea realized in SoD, appreciated by Josh Sawyer and even (!) RPGCodex (wink, @Lilura :) )
  • EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140
    I don't know why, but I thought that was Yoshimo (with all the backstabbing!)

Was the idea that they were supposed to test us then get away?

Well I said, "F--- that noise!!"

Wand of Frost x2
    Wand of the Heanens x2
    Party members rolling around laughing x2

Dead figure.
  • LiluraLilura Member Posts: 148

Not mundane random encounters is the idea realized in SoD, appreciated by Josh Sawyer and even (!) RPGCodex (wink, @Lilura :) )

lol, I really need to stop posting in that den of stinking evil!