Skip to content

Glint ?

I don't know if this is a bug but right after I cleared the Castle basement, Glint made some disturbing comments to my PC. It was like he was attempting to romance the Hero and I am playing a male PC.

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Sometimes a bro wants to be a bro's boo, and sometimes a b wants to be a b's bae.
  • JurisJuris Member Posts: 113
    edited May 2016
    Ooh - are Dorn and Glint fighting over you? ;)
    Pretty sure your character is gay
  • EnilwynEnilwyn Member Posts: 140
    Two dudes hanging out? I can see that.
  • red_codecred_codec Member Posts: 44
    I got that too! its not a bug brotherboo. but i warn you, DON'T PICK UP THE SOAP IF YOU DROP IT!
    Maybe not with the rape jokes?
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    This thread is rather amusing :)
  • brotherboobrotherboo Member Posts: 48
    dreambled, sarcasm, really. I 52 yrs old and know a bit about life, if you had simply posted that Glint was gay I would have understood. Oh and putting a smiley face at the end of your sarcastic comment does not make it any less insulting.

I 52 yrs old and know a bit about life

Wow, you must have learned a lot in all those years. :)
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212

Glint made some disturbing comments to my PC. It was like he was attempting to romance the Hero and I am playing a male PC.

What did you find "disturbing" about it?

Do play a male PC in BG2EE, too, and let Dorn join your party. If you find Glint's way "disturbing", the way Dorn does it is more subtle. *haha*
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    edited May 2016
    I will say I played unspoiled, and when Glint was first talking to me it didn't seem like it was heading toward romance. I thought all of the SoD NPCs had conversation tracks with the PC. It honestly felt like a ninjamance to me because by the time we reached the romantic point, the only dialogue options were to commit or to be really rude to him. I had been playing as a paladin and was choosing the "good" dialogue options throughout the game, and so I chose all of the "good" options when speaking to Glint. It's like being nice to him automatically brings on the romance.

NOTE: I think this is a problem with all of the SoD romances I've seen so far. Safana and Corwin also had dialogues where I either had to flatter and be as nice as possible or be really rude and stop the romance. For them, at least, I think it was a little more obvious that they were flirting (Safana obviously and Corwin was talking about seriously personal subjects like her daughter and duty) while Glint seemed like a friendly chap I didn't get the impression he was flirting until the line about watching me from his bedroll. It honestly surprised me.

I was happy to keep playing the romance and would be interested if he was brought into BG2 at some point. I just thought the romance could have been more obvious from the start, or else don't force the player to be a jerk in order to halt the romance if they didn't realize that's where it was headed.

Also...I'm happy that a good NPC was finally included as a gay romance. I think only Dorn and Hexxat were options up to this point. And I don't really want to romance evil NPCs.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

dreambled, sarcasm, really. I 52 yrs old and know a bit about life, if you had simply posted that Glint was gay I would have understood. Oh and putting a smiley face at the end of your sarcastic comment does not make it any less insulting.

That comment was fine. It was an attempt to cheer things up a little after the OP mentioned that the Glint's comments were disturbing.

Carry on, people!
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    Vbibbi said:

I will say I played unspoiled, and when Glint was first talking to me it didn't seem like it was heading toward romance. I thought all of the SoD NPCs had conversation tracks with the PC. It honestly felt like a ninjamance to me because by the time we reached the romantic point, the only dialogue options were to commit or to be really rude to him.

This. Honestly, I knew Glint was gay, but I still thought the dialog @brotherboo is referring to was a bug, too, because it came out of absolutely nowhere. It felt like several dialogs had been skipped.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

I don't know if this is a bug but right after I cleared the Castle basement, Glint made some disturbing comments to my PC. It was like he was attempting to romance the Hero and I am playing a male PC.

He is...bisexual.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @rapsam2003
    No. Glint is homosexual.
  • brotherboobrotherboo Member Posts: 48
    Okay, I got it. Since the convo happened after I downloaded the latest patch I honestly thought there maybe a romance "glitch", or my PC was being treated as female.( And no I don't have problem w/ playing females characters). "redline" stated it better than I posted, it just came out of nowhere, ( I am also playing a Pal). Perhaps I should not have used the word disturbing and apologize to anyone offended by it.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    Well that's settled then. :) Maybe Glint's just very keen and likes to get right down to brass tacks?
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Aedan said:

@rapsam2003
    No. Glint is homosexual.

Eh, he romances men. Whatever.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Sorry, but bisexual and homosexual are two very different things :wink:
  • GhavGrimGhavGrim Member Posts: 35
    Does he romance if CHARNAME is a female?
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    No Glint is homosexual. Only dates males.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    doggy said:

No Glint is homosexual. Only dates males.

And that a pity
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    Nothing disturbing about gay people or gay characters in fiction. The Forgotten Realms is a huge place. It has room for gay people as well. Look at it this way. Glint gave your character a compliment.
  • CalemyrCalemyr Member Posts: 238
    Guys, he said "disturbing" was probably the wrong word. He also said it wasn't that Glint was gay that was the problem (a surprise, perhaps, but not the problem), it was how it was handled: it felt like it skipped several steps. That's the disturbing bit, that's the "bug" he was asking about. It felt out of order, as if a LoveTalk variable had gotten set too high. Most LIs test the waters before diving in. Even Dorn awkwardly addresses your attractiveness in a fishing expedition to see if you'd be game. That's where we are, people: Dorn is showing more caution than the gregarious and caring gnome cleric. Something is seriously wrong here.

Imagine it this way. Viconia has nothing nice to say to you (no surprise there). You rest and wake up the next morning with her in your bedroll talking about a pleasant way to spend an evening. What. The. Hell? We skipped a few steps here, what's going on? Orientation ain't the key here.
  • LegendaryLegendary Member Posts: 53
    Glint is the best romance
    Fight me
    You wont
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Now that I've actually read the thread
    It does sound like a bug, because
    Glint's previous romance dialogues are pretty obvious and you have to go down them to get that conversation in Dragonspear. He comments when you're about to go up the elevator to sabotage/investigate Dragonspear that he can't stand the idea of being away from you, and how he sleeps less because he's afraid he'll wake up and you're gone. After that in the underground river he mentions he's jealous of how you look at others and you more or less grope on him or reject him outright.
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229

Calemyr said:

That's where we are, people: Dorn is showing more caution than the gregarious and caring gnome cleric. Something is seriously wrong here.

That's a bit overstated, methinks. "Seriously wrong?" Look, some gregarious gnome clerics are just not masters of tact. Maybe they move too slow and then move too fast. Guess what: lots and lots of people in the real world do that too.

The only issue for me is whether they afford Charname an opportunity to let the guy down easy. I haven't played that part yet, but I f the only options really are "okay I'll be gay" and "I'm a terrible homophobic jerk" then that's not great. Some straight people are not jerks. :)
    That seems to be an issue with all of the SoD romances, that I've noticed.
    Legendary said:

Glint's previous romance dialogues are pretty obvious and you have to go down them to get that conversation in Dragonspear. He comments when you're about to go up the elevator to sabotage/investigate Dragonspear that he can't stand the idea of being away from you, and how he sleeps less because he's afraid he'll wake up and you're gone. After that in the underground river he mentions he's jealous of how you look at others and you more or less grope on him or reject him outright.
    Yeah, but my problem is that one talk is "we're really good friends, the right and left hand" or something, and then the next is "I couldn't sleep because I was watching you from my bedroll." It's a very large jump between the talks and to me feels like going from "we're friends and I'd be interested in seeing if we could be more" to "I can't sleep for thinking of you. If you don't feel the same you have to harshly break up with me." I guess one could say that he's just impulsive and puts all of his feelings out there at once and it's take it or leave it. But the dialogue options make it seem like Charname either feels the same or has been leading Glint along and dumps him. There's no option for "oh I didn't realize this is what you thought of our friendship, I need to think about this" or "I can't think about romance while we're possibly marching to hell, let's talk after" or anything like that. It feels like Glint and Charname were aware of the budding romance and didn't bother informing me.
    Vbibbi said:

Calemyr said:

That's where we are, people: Dorn is showing more caution than the gregarious and caring gnome cleric. Something is seriously wrong here.

That's a bit overstated, methinks. "Seriously wrong?" Look, some gregarious gnome clerics are just not masters of tact. Maybe they move too slow and then move too fast. Guess what: lots and lots of people in the real world do that too.

The only issue for me is whether they afford Charname an opportunity to let the guy down easy. I haven't played that part yet, but I f the only options really are "okay I'll be gay" and "I'm a terrible homophobic jerk" then that's not great. Some straight people are not jerks. :)
    That seems to be an issue with all of the SoD romances, that I've noticed.
    Legendary said:

Yeah, but my problem is that one talk is "we're really good friends, the right and left hand" or something, and then the next is "I couldn't sleep because I was watching you from my bedroll." It's a very large jump between the talks and to me feels like going from "we're friends and I'd be interested in seeing if we could be more" to "I can't sleep for thinking of you. If you don't feel the same you have to harshly break up with me." I guess one could say that he's just impulsive and puts all of his feelings out there at once and it's take it or leave it. But the dialogue options make it seem like Charname either feels the same or has been leading Glint along and dumps him. There's no option for "oh I didn't realize this is what you thought of our friendship, I need to think about this" or "I can't think about romance while we're possibly marching to hell, let's talk after" or anything like that. It feels like Glint and Charname were aware of the budding romance and didn't bother informing me.
    I don't disagree, but that's how all the romances have seemed to me. I keep Neera and Corwin in my party and I had to shoot them both down, both of them pretty harshly. There is no option for "I'm just not interested in you like that but lets be friends" for any of the romances I've seen. Corwin you tell her you want it to be professional and nothing else and Neera you basically tell her you only tolerate her due to her magic.

If I could give any feedback to the SoD team it's that not every rejection needs to be so harsh. I don't even know how I triggered Corwin's because I deliberately avoided all of the flirty lines to her. Reminds me Anders in DA2. (fuck off Anders)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    If you think that something is a bug or want for a certain feature (for example, additional lovetalks) to be implemented, create a report on Redmine following the instructions here - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49845/how-to-report-bugs#latest. This way your issue will get a guaranteed look.