Skip to content

Gnome Appreciation Forum

XeroshiXeroshi Member Posts: 182
This is to show everyone's dear love for the simplest of gnomes. the intelligent species of small folk and especially everyone's favorite Lich @Anduin !

Comments

• batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    I will play a gnome in Arcanum at some point, but the BG games have hardly any use for the int stat outside mages nor are there any important racial checks...So meh..
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Out of all the gnomish folks within Forgotten Realms, I like spriggans the most. If an batshit insane gnome with a taste for flesh won't scare you... an ogre-sized, batshit insane gnome with a taste for flesh *will*.

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I'd sure like to apply for that.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Nimran said:

Once you go gnome, you never go home.

Because they won't have you there anymore?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919

Nimran said:

Once you go gnome, you never go home.

Because they won't have you there anymore?
    Ooh-ooh that smell, can't you smell that smell....
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    Unless the OP is a tease, "elf/dwarf" surveyor should see this thread.

Grobnar of NWN2 is the best I can think of. Writing-wise. Gaming wise... he was a bard. In NWN2.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    I prefer xfce.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    My favorite gnome is my WoW warlock. I made that character specifically because I couldn't see the point of gnomes, and I had developed the habit of playing character types I disliked just to see what they were like (and usually end up liking them).

After that, I've kinda had a soft spot for gnomes in D&D as well.
  • sparkleavsparkleav Member Posts: 871
    edited May 2016
    You know it does look like the thread is titled 'gnome application form'. It didn't (to me at least) until it was mentioned by @Troodon80 :D

I had an awesome little gnome in WoW called Dwobble. She was a rogue with pink hair.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459

Out of all the gnomish folks within Forgotten Realms, I like spriggans the most. If an batshit insane gnome with a taste for flesh won't scare you... an ogre-sized, batshit insane gnome with a taste for flesh *will*.

So
    I was reminded of the Spriggan from the Races of Faerun mod for NWN2 and went to look it up and try to install it with Kaedrin's PRC mod.

Then I saw the Races of Faerun mod is made by Kamigoroshi. Are you that same one or just a coincidence?

My favorite gnome is my WoW warlock. I made that character specifically because I couldn't see the point of gnomes, and I had developed the habit of playing character types I disliked just to see what they were like (and usually end up liking them).

After that, I've kinda had a soft spot for gnomes in D&D as well.

I played a Gnome Warlock from Burning Crusade to Mists of Pandaira XD
    I haven't played WoW much since then, though.

Drow use to be my favorite D&D race but over the past like 2 years Gnomes are becoming my favorite due to my Gnome Bard character, Piro, that I play in PnP games very often as well as most D&D crpgs.
    Vallmyr said:

I played a Gnome Warlock from Burning Crusade to Mists of Pandaira XD
    I haven't played WoW much since then, though.

Drow use to be my favorite D&D race but over the past like 2 years Gnomes are becoming my favorite due to my Gnome Bard character, Piro, that I play in PnP games very often as well as most D&D crpgs.

I retired my gnome warlock from being my main toward the end of Wrath of the Lich King. I wanted to heal instead, and switched to my night elf druid.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861

Svirfneblin, or nothing. Nothing!

My corrupt soul finds some corner to hide in Grimsby, because I had forgotten, indeed, the deep-gnomes! Not that they had a lot of dialogue in the Underdark, but no, "I would not hurt a gnome" lol.

I still stick with Grobnar - his admiration for golems was endearing. Only I wish it had been possible to multi-class him like the PC. I frankly love NWN2 class-system!
    Also have to say I like Pathfinder gnomes, bleaching and all.
    edited May 2016

The Bleaching is WONDERFUL. I love the idea of it <3
    Post edited by Vallmyr on
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    I really liked what we could see of the gnomes in Rich Burlew's The New World over at giantitp.com. Too bad he never finished it.

All in all I think whatever space the DnD gnomes are in is a bit cramped : they're jolly, stout midgets that are deeply tied to magic. The combination of those is unique but each part of it is already better embodied by another base race.
    Vallmyr said:

The Bleaching is WONDERFUL. I the idea of it <3</p>
    IT TOTALLY IS WONDERFUL. I am sorry if I gave the impression I thought otherwise. :)
    Hm?
    Oh no, I was agreeing with you assuming it's great XD
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    My work here is done...

But as a mortal who has chosen the difficult path of undeath... The leaving thing is not an option...
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Jan Jansen.