Skip to content

Question About Imoen, Levels, and BG2 (Spoilers from the start of BG2)

2»

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Delvarian said:

That's it I'm rolling a character with low stats and naming him Noober. Challenge accepted.

I think he has got 9s in everything. What class are you going to make him?
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861

Next time you fight a mage, drop Breach and if your warriors then can't slap the hell out of him, keep lobbing Remove Magics or whatever til his other spells disappear.

I'm not sure I want to drop my breaches in front of an evil mage (especially when he is already whupping my ass).

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Surely sounds dangerous... isn't that how the anal probe discussion started a long time ago in a thread far away?
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited October 2012
    mlnevese said:

That's the problem with high level campaigns and it's even worst when it goes to epic levels. The challenges become so absurd you have to question yourself how the Universe still exists. Also you've better not ask yourself what happened to the people who originally created the incredibly powerful itens you're using...

I've always thought to be weird that you get around 30 levels in less than a year (game time), while guys like Drizzt or Khangaxx took decades or centuries !
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    DJKajuru said:

mlnevese said:

That's the problem with high level campaigns and it's even worst when it goes to epic levels. The challenges become so absurd you have to question yourself how the Universe still exists. Also you've better not ask yourself what happened to the people who originally created the incredibly powerful itens you're using...

I've always thought to be weird that you get around 30 levels in less than a year (game time), while guys like Drizzt or Khangaxx took decades or centuries !
    Drizzt spends his time offing low XP gnolls and even then invites an entire party to share in the battle so his experience gets divided that much lower. Of course it is going to take him forever to level up whereas Charname would tell Drizzt to beat it before he started wiping out the basilisks. Then Drizzt and his party offers to help out on only a single mission in a conflict that literally threatens the heavens and then leaves before the next round of bigger golems, etc. comes while Charname and his party move through masses of vampires, dragons, umber hulks, and the like on their own. (Perhaps Drizzt and co are waiting until their party finds all their lost weapon(s) before really jumping into the fray in earnest?)

Charname doesn't go from level 1 to literally god in less than a year by following that standard!
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    The Party is on the Fast Track to a Conflict of Divine porportions. Other agents either have their hands tied as people have pointed out about Elminster or are busy with their own stories like Drizzt and the Drizzettes.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    CaptRory said:

The Party is on the Fast Track to a Conflict of Divine porportions. Other agents either have their hands tied as people have pointed out about Elminster or are busy with their own stories like Drizzt and the Drizzettes.

Saving the game is also a divine way to lift you up to High levels without dying on the way =D
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    Haha! Too true!

That newbie adventuring party from Throne of Bhaal is a group to watch out for. *firm nod*
  • TehCerealKillerTehCerealKiller Member Posts: 56
    @sandmanCCL Dispel works well for that purpose. It's low level and affects everyone within a 10 or 15ft radius (I forget which)
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    @TehCerealKiller: Not really. Most liches count as too high level a character for Dispel/Remove Magic to affect their really gnarly spells that grant them near immunity. BTW, never EVER use Dispel if you can prepare a Remove Magic instead, if your goal to debuff. If you know you'll likely need something to strip negative effects off yourself, THEN use Dispel.

Trust me when I say if you're just relying on Dispel (and it's not shooting out of Keldorn's hands), you'll want to prepare a bunch of spells designed specifically to counter enemy buffs. It works way better, and way quicker.
  • TehCerealKillerTehCerealKiller Member Posts: 56
    The only reason I keep Keldorn is his dispel and so I have someone to wield the Holy Avenger when I'm not rolling with a pally. I forgot about liches somehow. I don't know how that's possible, I still have nightmares about Kangaxx in BG2 *shudders* It took me an hour to kill the jackhole even with a crap load of cheats!!!
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

The only reason I keep Keldorn is his dispel and so I have someone to wield the Holy Avenger when I'm not rolling with a pally. I forgot about liches somehow. I don't know how that's possible, I still have nightmares about Kangaxx in BG2 *shudders* It took me an hour to kill the jackhole even with a crap load of cheats!!!

Melf's Meteors are helpful for this. A party member immune to being imprisoned (berzerker, prot from magic scroll, 5th lvl spell immunity, etc.) standing in his face while the mages pelt him with MM's works even if you don't have a +4 weapon.