Skip to content

Baldur's Gate App

13»

Comments

• WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Glad to hear you're still supporting the app. Thanks.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Anton said:

@PalaNIN thanks for the update!
    You should consider modifying the icon of the app a little bit coz we will soon (within 2 weeks I hope) have BGEE released on Android and it gonna have same icon %) It will be confusing..

Perhaps you should do something like this but with Reference inscription on top of it:
    imageimage

For what its worth the font "Sherwood" is pretty similar the the logo font, which could help in editing the word "Reference" on to a picture

http://www.dafont.com/sherwood.font
  • Out2lunchOut2lunch Member Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    I tweeted Trent Today re the Android Ver and this is his reply -

Cam has the basic file re-write partially functioning. He is currently stepping through, fixing all the spots were bad happens. A while yet

• PalaNINPalaNIN Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for the comments, and I've already begun implementing a new app icon.

Other things that will be included in the next version:
    - THAC0 progression for all classes
    - Sorceror spell progression
    - Ranger spell progression
    - Regeneration CON stats
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Awesome additions! ^^
    Hi all,

Just published the new apk with a bunch of minor additions so you'll be able to update within a few hours. Official changelog:

1.6.2 - The "Get Around To The Little Things" Update
    - New icon!
    - Spell progressions: bard, sorceror, ranger
    - THAC0 progression (in the XP tables)
    - CON regeneration stats
    - Lore
    - Wild Mage - added Chaos Shield & Improved Chaos Shield spells

Next up:
    - Turn Undead table
    - Thief armor adjustments
    - Major UI restructure - move away from the three-tab layout and group information into 6-7 logical groups (charstats, classes, races, etc)
    - Longterm: move all spell info into a SQLite database to slim down filesize and allow for spell filtering and hopefully searching
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    edited February 2013
    Great news!
    Don't forget the new 5 kits
    For some reason 22feb version still has old icon.
    Anton said:

Great news!
    Don't forget the new 5 kits
    For some reason 22feb version still has old icon.

Odd - can you try uninstalling it and reinstalling and see if that gets the correct icon?

Just got news about the new kits. Trent needs to give me a break...

• AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
  • NordomNordom Member Posts: 22
    @PalaNIN
    Should we expect some updates for the app or you have abandoned its support?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited February 2014
    To everyone: I've just found this app, downloaded and have been pleasantly surprised the quality of this programming is good. I can highly recommend having it to all BG fans because in two or three taps you'll be able to get the information about stat bonuses, spell level progression and so on. It's very convenient to have at hand. I've been so glad with this app that have thought about new topic here but there's already one, so I hope you'll see this anyway.

Of course, playithardcore.com has much more information but this app is quick to use, has a simple interface and can be an alternative to visiting that site if your question is not complex.

By the way, the app was updated in 2014, so, answering to the previous poster ( @Nordom ), it seems the author didn't stop his support.
    Hi, yep I'm still supporting the app although my spare time to be able to improve the app is fairly low. I'm keeping notes on what needs to be updated and if people send emails via the Play Store I will eventually get back to them.

Currently the app is fairly functional for most stat lookup scenarios (which was my aim) but obviously there's always more to add.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited February 2014

Hi @PalaNIN,

Good to hear your still working on it. I've got an idea that you might want to include, but as I never use the mail option on Google Play and wouldn't know how it works, I keep postponing messaging you, so I offer the idea here, that's quicker for me than waiting till I get around to figuring Play mail out:

It would be wonderful if you could include a list of class/sub-class/multiclass and dual-class requirements. A table of what stats are required and what races are allowed for that particular class/subclass or class combination.

P.S.: I saw a table doing that on Internet and I downloaded it to a text document, but alas I found it on the old bioware forums that are no longer there, so I can't give you a weblink.
    Good idea. If it isn't on the web we can work it out through the character creation screen. I'll add it to the feature list!