Skip to content

[Forum Bug] Forum is going nuts

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited October 2012 in Site Resources
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Seems to be a general bug.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    yes, i noticed it a while ago already, the page is more slow, the notifications disappeared exept the medal ones, the quote button is invisible in the threads (but it's still there, just pass the mouse arrow over it) among other things.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited October 2012
    Yup, mine's the same way.

Edit: I may just be blind or crazy, but did the quote button also dissapear?
    Edit 2: Ninja'd
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Yep. Looks like the site is going through an update - check out the Best Of page.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2012
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    And the invisibule quote button links to Facebook ... ? WTH?
    edited October 2012
    The counts (insightful/agree/like) seem to back now on my profile page, but the notifications under them are still MIA.
    edited October 2012
    Yay, fixed! (Well...the stats, at least.) I wonder what would've happened if you upvoted someone while their profiles were weirded out.
    Post edited by Jalily on
    edited October 2012
    I noticed something wierd when I was reading a thread and the entire site formatting went nuts. Graphics disappeared, fonts changed, buttons and counts missing, etc. Maybe they're migrating the forums to new servers?

Btw have the points in our profiles always been displayed twice, once before badges count and once befor posts count, or is this part of this forum glitch?
    edited October 2012
    edited October 2012
    Does someone knows a good exorcist? :). Btw now the quote button is missing and we get visible facebook and tweeter icons :)
    twitter & FB buttons after *every* post is not only ugly, it's overkill.
    @Shandyr There should be a badge for syncronized comments. ;)
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    WTF? First they took away our ability to dislike or even disagree, now we can't even quote? What the hell, forum gods?
    @Brude - ugly, overkill, and useless feature that replaced a useful one. I hope it's not forshadowing for the changes we'll find in BG:EE. *shudders*
  • CalawenCalawen Member Posts: 707
    edited October 2012
    Well at least it's an improvement on Android, I now have the buttons on my Smartphone too :)
    edited October 2012
    mlnevese said:

Btw have the points in our profiles always been displayed twice, once before badges count and once befor posts count, or is this part of this forum glitch?

Definitely a bug. Points were not displayed twice before.

Manual quoting is a pain. Are you listening, @Coriander? D:

(And while we're here, videos break the Best Of page, which now lacks sorting, categories, and any indication of how many upvotes each post has. If someone is not familiar with the old version of the page, it would appear to be random and uninteresting.)
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • ginger_hammerginger_hammer Member Posts: 160
    I notice on my profile it no longer mentions each time someone commented on one of my topics and just shows things like 25 badges, etc - which is a good change in my opinion.

The FB and Twitter links - meh.

Is there a link anywhere to these changes or do they just happen randomly?
    And the bookmark icon is still off center in the thread title... I don't know if these changes were implemented.... it looked more like a crash when it happened with all counters going down to 0, for instance.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited October 2012
    My account options button is gone, though the tool tip still exist. I also cannot quote users anymore. Someone is trying to suppress me ;( All kidding aside I can tell they are adding features today so some things may not work right now.

As for the FB and Twitter icons, I think they should be moved elsewhere. The Insightful, Agree etc are features that we call can enjoy, right here. Not everyone has a FB or Twitter account.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited October 2012
    I have to wonder what good this update will do. Surely it would be enough to just link a particular page, rather than each post?

Also, the quote button isn't just hidden, as in display: none or hidden="true", it is quite literally not there any more... Someone dun goofed made a slight error when they copy and pasted the code for the core site - overriding the useful button for those other, less useful, buttons.

The "account options" button is also missing its image. It is still there, though, the CSS is just wrong; the current rule is .SpOptions { background-position: 0px -148px; }, and it should be .SpOptions { background-position: 0px 0px; } or .SpOptions { background-position: 0px 1px; }. The extra 1px makes the icons line up that little bit better (edit: otherwise the icon looks a little high, not that it's terribly noticeable).

Since I'm already typing this, I'll also say that the bookmark stars are a little off on the threads (they have been for some time now), not the one next to the other buttons that @Shandyr mentioned (next to your profile picture). The current property values for the :hover rule is a.Bookmark:hover { background-position: 0 -22px; } where a.Bookmark:hover { background-position: 0 -28px; } would be better. Also, for threads that have been bookmarked, the setting is also a little off.

Threads that have been bookmarked should have gold stars (I assume?); the current setting is a.Bookmarked { background-position: 0 -42px; }, where it should be a.Bookmarked { background-position: -36px -28px; }. The :hover rule (which is to say 'Unbookmark') should also be changed from a.Bookmarked:hover { background-position: 0 -82px; } to a.Bookmarked:hover { background-position: -18px -28px; }. Bookmark example: before and after.

Edit: Quote button is back :D.

The banner or title on the Best Of... page also repeats, meaning that it repeats the background image. To avoid this, the width need to be set as h2.H { width: 854px; }. Example. The only other way to avoid it is it make a title image specifically for that page that goes the entire width, which would be 1100px wide (it apparently doesn't scale the width, so it has the potential to go off the edge of the page if your resolution is below a certain size - or if you've just decided to make your browser smaller to allow for easier operating of other programs). That's a minor issue, though :).
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    Looks like things are coming back to normal :) Even the Bookmark stars are in the right place now :)
  • CalawenCalawen Member Posts: 707
    edited October 2012
    Troodon80 said:

I have to wonder what good this update will do.

Well I won't use the facebook and twitter options, but I don't mind them being added. There were some little things not working properly which have been corrected like the bookmark stars not visible when activated, and above all, all the missing functions now available on Android, so this update is a really good update imo :)