Skip to content

This is why Baldur's Gate is the best

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,733
You know, during all these years I've tried a huge mass of characters, party members, styles of play. Group, solo, no-reload, different mods, AI enhancements etc etc.

And I still find new options for a new run. Even after numerous playthroughs I still find something I haven't tried.

In my case, it's creating a custom party with single class characters. I usually like NPC interactions in BG and prefer multiclsss characters for their diversity. But now I'm fully focused on trying this new party of mine...

I'm looking at it and I'm astonished. After 100+ starts in this game, I will experience something new. This is why Baldur's Gate is the best. And thanks to Beamdog for allowing a create party function in single-player.

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,076
    I've been creating my own parties in Baldur's Gate for years by playing multiplayer by myself. The only problem with multiplayer is that when you pause you have to wait a second or two until you can unpause. Now I don't have to worry about that.
  • MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79
    That is true. Not so long ago i finished game with cavalier, other - with dragon disciple, i also have fighter/thief in SOD and started BG legacy of the Bhaal with full custom party(Icewind Dale style) and i have many classes, their combos yet in mind for future games :smiley:
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yeah, Baldur's Gate hits that sweet spot for me where its complicated enough to be experienceing new things even 15+ years of playthroughs later, yet not so complicated that I was turned off learning to play it.